Bed bug bites around ankles can be a major problem. Most people don’t associate bed bugs as a possible cause of their itch or rash. When an individual has bed bug bites, there will be a red, itchy patch of skin. These areas can range in size from the size of a penny to the size of a half dollar. Bed bugs spread from place to place by hitching rides on people or on items that people transport from place to place or in personal items, like luggage and clothing.
Bed bugs are usually found in hotels, apartments and homes where people have traveled; however there are instances where bed bugs have infested residences where people have never left the area. Bed bug bites are multiple red spots that appear on your skin after you’ve been bitten. The bites are small, round, and appear in clusters of two or more at a time.
Although some people only experience one or two bites, the majority of people who have been bitten by bed bugs get clusters of bites around their ankles or lower legs. Before we look into what the best treatments for bed bug bites are, let’s find out where exactly these little critters like to live.
Do bed bugs bite on ankles?
A person can get bed bug bites anywhere on their body but they are most commonly found on the legs, arms and neck. Bed bugs will bite wherever there is exposed skin but this does not mean that you will need to sleep with your clothes off every night just because you have them.
It is just as likely for them to bite through clothing as it is for them to bite directly through your skin itself so wearing socks or pants while sleeping shouldn’t keep you safe from being bitten by these pests either way.
What do Bedbug bites look like on ankle?
Bedbug bites on the ankle are red and itchy. They tend to swell, get a little bumpy, and then dry out and crack as they heal. The bites are usually a bit darker in the center than around the edges. The bites may be in a zigzag pattern or line. Sometimes they’re hard to see unless you look closely, but they’re always there if you know what to look for.
Why do I keep getting bites on my ankles in bed?
Most bedbug bites are painless at first, but later turn into itchy welts. Unlike flea bites that are mainly around the ankles, bedbug bites are often found on the arms, neck and face of the person who has been bitten.
Bedbugs can be found in any area where people sleep. They hide in cracks and crevices during the day, and then come out at night to feed on a host’s blood. Bedbugs usually feed every 5 to 10 days, causing them to seek a new host after each meal. It is not uncommon for people to have multiple infestations of bedbugs in their homes or businesses.
Do bed bugs bite your lower body?
Bedbugs can bite any part of your body. However, they’ll normally bite areas of skin that are exposed while you sleep. That means that if you’re in bed and you’re wearing pants, a shirt, and socks—the bedbug will probably bite your lower body. If you’re sleeping naked or only wearing pajama pants, the bedbug will probably bite your upper body.
What attracts bed bugs?
Bed bugs aren’t attracted to dirt and grime. They’re attracted to warmth, blood and carbon dioxide.
If you have bed bugs, it’s more likely that your home is clean than messy. Bed bugs do not like dirty places.
If you have clean floors and walls, but still have a problem with bed bugs, you may be unknowingly bringing them into your house on furniture, clothing or shoes.
List Of Reliefs For Bed Bug Bites
Bed bugs are a real problem for millions of people. They’re hard to get rid of, and they can make sleeping in your own bed an unbearable experience.
Below is a list of popular reliefs in the market:
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
NatraCure Cold Therapy Socks – Reusable Gel Ice Frozen Slippers for Feet, Heels, Ankle, Arch, Achilles, Arthritis Pain Relief, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Chemotherapy – Size: Small/Medium
Price : $24.99
- Uses: Within seconds, chills entire foot to relieve: sore feet, hot feet, tired feet, aching feet, & painful chronic conditions like plantar fasciitis and arthritis. Frequently used during pregnancy.
- Immediate Relief: from inflammation & swelling from sprains or strains of the ball-of-foot, neuropathy, tendonitis, or any foot injury. Ideal for men or women on their feet all day.
- Sizing: Small/Medium fits Women’s shoe sizes 6 to 9 US & Men’s shoe sizes 4 to 8 US. One pair. Use as socks for plantar fasciitis women, soothe socks for neuropathy pain, or as a reusable ice bag.
- How It Works: Neutralizes pain & wear and tear with a chilled gel pack beneath the length of the foot, & another half-size pack for top of foot or behind heel.
- Ideal comfort items for chemo patients, chemotherapy treatments, chemo care package for men, cooling socks, cool socks for women, cryotherapy, edema relief.
Additional Info :
Price : $13.74 ($0.98 / Ounce)
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :
2PCS Green Tea Mask Stick, Blackhead Remover Pore Strips Combo Pack, Green Tea Purifying Clay Stick Mask, 10 PC Blackhead Acne Remover Patches, Moisturizing Deep Cleansing for Sensitive Skin
Price : $15.99 ($11.33 / Ounce)
- [Magic Combo&Deep Cleanse]: Green Tea Mask Stick is back with a new companion to better serve your beautiful skin, 10 pc blackhead remover pore cleansing strips. The duo that completes your daily skin care routine. This new upgrade combination contains green tea clay mask stick and blackhead peel off strips for your convenience. Apply green tea mask first, then apply pore strips to see the work.
- [Green Tea Clay Mask]: This green tea clay facial mask contains powerful green tea extract and plant essence that moisturizes and purifies your skin. It anti-ages and tightens your pores while reducing redness and blotchy-ness, keeping your skin youthful and healthy.
- [Nose&Face Blackhead Strips]: Like a blackhead magnet, our pore cleansing strips are infused with natural and safe ingredients that combat oil, dirt buildup, and growing acne and pimples. After washing off green tea mask stick, apply the blackhead removal strips over slightly damp face, nose, T-zone area, chin for 10-15 minutes. When it dries, gently peel off to see cleaner pores.
- [Easy to Use]: Green Tea Mask Stick and Blackhead Removal Strips are good for all skin types. Oily skins are recommended to use 2-3 times per week, while dry and combination skin are recommended no more than twice a week. This is the powerful combination to get rid of blackheads, whiteheads, acne, blemishes, and excess oil so your skin feels fresh and glamorous day and night.
- [24 Hours Satisfaction Guarantee Service]: Combining the top skincare nourishment and remedies, this 2-in-1 combo pack is sure to bring you 100% satisfaction that you could not find in any other products. We value your trust and your skin. If you are not happy with your purchase in any way, please reach out to us directly, our customer service associates are here to help and provide the service that you deserve.
Additional Info :
Price : $5.99 ($11.98 / Fl Oz)
- After Bite Original AfterBite – the original, trusted Itch Eraser for more than 30 years.
- Instant itch relief for bites from mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and other common insects.
- The proprietary mix of soothing ingredients acts fast when you need it most.
Additional Info :
In conclusion, If you have been bitten by bed bugs, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. The longer they stay in your skin, the more likely they are to spread disease or cause permanent damage.