Nobody likes bed bug bites. The itch you feel when you get bit by bed bugs is similar to what it feels like when you get chicken pox. But just because nobody likes getting them doesn’t mean anyone wants to take the time to treat them or prevent them from happening. Bed bug bites can occur once a month if your living conditions are right for them. In this article, I’ll explain why bed bugs bites appear once a month and how to prevent these from happening to you.
We all know that when we are bitten by a mosquito, head lice or flea, we will not get the bites again. But what about bed bugs? What if you kill bed bugs on a Monday and move on to another apartment with the dogs on Tuesday. At this new place, again you are bitten. Do you get bitten again? This is because bed bugs can only bite once within a month and then they need to rest for one week to become active once more.
How often do bed bugs bite you?
Bed bugs are the most common pest found in the home. They are not known to spread disease, but they can cause significant distress to their victims.
Bed bugs feed on human blood, usually at night when their host is sleeping. Their bites are painless and often go unnoticed until after the fact. Each bite will result in a small pinprick-sized red mark that may itch and be slightly swollen for a few days.
Each bed bug must fill up on blood every 4-7 days. As nymphs, they will bite between each stage that they molt, which means that early infestations may only experience bites once a week or so.
Do bed bugs bite sporadically?
Bed bugs are not a direct threat to your health, but they can be very annoying. If you see the small red bites on your skin, it is highly likely that you have bed bugs in your home.
Bed bugs are unusual because they prefer to feed on people rather than animals. They tend to bite at night and can leave a series of bites in a straight line, which can look like a triangle or even more like a dotted line.
Fleas do not target humans as their primary food source, so they tend to bite whenever they get the chance. Fleas are more likely to bite during the day than at night and will bite any part of the body where there is hair or fur.
Do bed bug bites come and go away?
Yes, bed bug bites generally go away on their own. If you’ve been bitten by bed bugs, your skin may be red and swollen for a few days after the initial bite. The bumps may also itch, burn, or feel painful. The bites usually appear in groups of three or more on exposed areas such as the arms, legs and face. In most people, bed bug bites don’t cause any serious health problems and the bite marks disappear within a few weeks.
How do you get rid of recurring bed bug bites?
If you’re plagued by recurring bed bug bites, here’s how to get rid of them: Wash the bites gently with soap and water. This will help keep them clean, which can prevent infection and make the itchy feeling go away faster.
Apply an anti-itch cream or lotion (look for hydrocortisone 1%) to your skin. This will help relieve the irritation and possibly speed up the healing process.
What attracts bedbugs to mattresses?
Bedbugs are attracted to dark-colored sheets and bedding, so if you have a black or red blanket, you might want to keep it in the closet. But that’s not why they want to hang out on your mattress. Bedbugs are actually inclined to congregate around black or red fabric because that’s where they can best hide from predators.
If you’re wondering how many bedbugs are in your mattress, the answer is: we don’t know. The first thing we would do if we found them was get rid of them—but we wouldn’t be doing it with our bare hands.
How do you know bed bugs are gone?
One of the best ways to know if bed bugs are gone is to use a bed bug trap. A trap is essentially a plastic container (usually with a lid) filled with a mixture of soapy water and an attractant for bed bugs, such as heat, CO2, or kerosene. Bed bugs are drawn to the trap by the attractant and get stuck in the mixture, which you can then see. If no bed bugs show up in the trap after several days, that’s one indication that they have been completely eradicated.
List of Bed Bug Repellent
Bed Bug Repellent is the best way to get rid of these creepy crawlers for good. Bed bugs are not just annoying, but they can be dangerous too. They can spread diseases and even cause anemia in some people. If you want to get rid of them, then you will need to use the right products.
Here is a list of bed bug repellent:
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant, Dry Skin Body Moisturizer, 14 Oz Jar
Price : $13.74 ($0.98 / Ounce)
- One Essential Solution: Aquaphor is one essential solution for many skin care needs; use on dry, cracked skin, as a lip moisturizer, facial moisturizer, hydrating mask, minor wound care and much more
- For Dry, Compromised Skin: This Aquaphor Healing Ointment is designed specifically for dry, compromised skin and clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
- Convenient Replacement: Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment as a replacement for a foot cream or hand cream to help heal dry cracked hands, cuticles and feet
- Ideal for Healing: Different from a body lotion or cream, this ointment is water-free, and soothes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment
- Includes one (1) 14 ounce jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant
Additional Info :
EMUAIDMAX Ointment – Eczema Cream. Maximum Strength Treatment. Use Max Strength for Athletes Foot, Psoriasis, Jock Itch, Anti Itch, Rash, Shingles and Skin Yeast Infection.
Price : $63.90 ($31.95 / Fl Oz)
- Fights infections faster while enhancing the skin’s vital barrier and healing functions – maximum relief from pain, infection and inflammation
- Natural, soothing, and effective ointment for 100+ itchy and painful skin conditions.
- Unique delivery system that helps carry powerful healing ingredients deep into your nails and skin.
- Calms pain, infection and inflammation for 100+ resistant and difficult skin conditions.
- Contains 2x Bacillus Ferment, 10x Tea Tree Oil and 50x Vitamin E. NOTE: Product contains Tea Tree Oil. If you have a known allergy to Tea Tree Oil, please avoid using this product.
Additional Info :
DBHappy Fake Silicone False Belly, Artificial Pregnancy Bump, 8-10 Month, 2500g
Price : $99.99
- Great for experience the feeling of pregnancy, also can be used in Cosplay, photo props.
- Made of 100% silicone, has the look of a real Pregnant tummy, the Silicone False Belly will hold to your skin, you will feel like it has become one with you.
- Has adjustable straps and a large Velcro strap on back of the belly, you can wear it as tight or as loose as you wish.
- Comfortable for long time wear.
- Durable, washable with mild water.
Additional Info :
Mopidick-s Lotion 50ml X 3 by Mopidick
Price : $28.99 ($5.68 / Fl Oz)
- fast relieve insect bite and rash
- fast relieve itch
- set of 3
- made in Japan
Additional Info :
In conclusion, Bed bugs are more common than you might think—you can find them in hotels, apartments, schools, hospitals… even on public transportation. Because of this, it’s important to take steps to avoid bringing them home with you. One way to do this is by using a bed bug repellent spray before going out or when traveling.