Mama always told me, “If you can’t find the best bed bug proof furniture, build it yourself.” So that’s what I did. And when it was done, I opened up a successful bed bug company, and started selling my bed bug proof furniture all over the world. Then it became a board game. Then a movie. And now — here I am writing you from my secret island hideout. It’s not easy trying to find best bed bug proof furniture . Sure, you could go through the furniture store with a fine-toothed comb. And if you have time on your hands, you’d do that.
But if you are short on time and want to prevent bed bugs from laying unwanted eggs in your furniture, an exhaustive search is not ideal. Bed bugs don’t discriminate. They will travel from one place to another and beyond just to be with food. Furniture is no different than any other household items because it has always been the primary thing in a home. In this case, it becomes as a danger zone for bed bugs and we need an effective way to make sure that our furniture is safe and secure. We must be able to save our precious time and money. This is why we need the information about furniture that is bed bug proof so that we can save ourselves from this problem. It is the best solution to make us feel more relax and make us enjoy our time inside the house even more.
What kind of furniture do bed bugs not like?
Molded plastic furniture is the best way to keep bed bugs away from your home.
Bed bugs, unlike most insects, are not attracted to light. They are most active at night and prefer to hide in dark places where they can find blood. Molded plastic furniture is made from thermoplastic injection molded plastic and has no cracks or crevices for bed bugs to hide in. It is a single piece construction that makes it difficult for any pests to get inside.
Molded plastic furniture is also easy to clean and maintain, which makes it even more ideal for those who are concerned about keeping their homes free of pests. Since molded plastic furniture does not have any cracks or crevices, you can wipe down the surface with soap and water once a week—or even less often depending on how often you use your furniture.
What material is bed bug proof?
Bedbug mattress covers are generally made from cotton, polyester, or vinyl. All of these materials will keep bedbugs out of your mattress, Wong says.
“Cotton is a natural fiber that is actually resistant to bed bugs,” Wong said. “It’s very hard for them to attach themselves to it.”
Polyester and vinyl are also good options for preventing a bedbug invasion because they’re tightly woven and difficult for the bugs to penetrate.
Wong recommends that you avoid wool or anything with loose fibers when shopping for mattress covers. These fabrics are more likely to let bedbugs in than tightly woven fabrics like cotton or vinyl.
How do I protect my furniture from bed bugs?
If you’re worried about bed bugs, the first thing to do is to carefully vacuum rugs, floors, upholstered furniture and bed frames. You should also vacuum around the legs of your bed, as well as any cracks or crevices in the room.
You’ll want to use a HEPA filter in your vacuum cleaner to trap any bed bugs that might be hiding there and prevent them from escaping into your home.
You should also wash all of your linens and clothes in hot water, dry them on high heat for at least 20 minutes, and seal them in airtight bags for at least 48 hours before wearing or using them again.
What are the best bed frames to avoid bed bugs?
If you want to avoid bed bugs, you should consider getting a metal frame. While bed bugs can live in close to any material, metal frames are far less appealing than wooden ones.
For one thing, metal frames tend to be more durable than wood and can be easier to keep clean. For another thing, they’re not as attractive to bed bugs as wood is.
When it comes to choosing which type of bed frame you want, remember: when you’re shopping for your next mattress, think about what your options will be in terms of the frame. You don’t want to spend money on a new mattress only to find out that it won’t fit into your current frame or that it’s too big for the space where you have planned on putting it.
What repels bed bugs instantly?
Among the popular and most effective DIY home treatments for bed bugs is rubbing alcohol.
Rubbing alcohol is a powerful disinfectant that can be used as an alternative to pesticides and other chemicals. It kills bed bugs, bacteria, fungi and viruses on contact. You can use it to wipe down your mattress or other furniture in your bedroom to kill any bed bugs that may have crawled on it.
List of Bed Bug Killer
Bed bugs are the most common pests that invade homes and businesses. They feed on human blood and can cause allergic reactions in some people. Their bites may lead to skin rashes and other skin conditions.
Here is a list of popular bed bug killer:
Proof Bed Bug & Dust Mite Killer, Plant-Based Spray, 16 Fl Oz
Price : $14.97 ($0.94 / Fl Oz)
- KILL BED BUGS IN YOUR HOME – Our Most Advanced Formula – Targets and attacks bed bug and dust mite micropores
- POWERFUL BOTANICAL INSECTICIDE INGREDIENTS – Results with Lab Tested Organic Neem Oil.
- EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE – Can be used safely on your mattresses, curtains, carpets, furniture, and more.
- LAB TESTED – Keeps killing adults for up to 2 weeks and eggs for up to 3 weeks when used as directed.
Additional Info :
SofaSafe Bed Bug Proof Sofa Cover Couch Encasement
Price : $125.00
- Locks bed bugs in and out
- Easy to use
Additional Info :
|Color||Beige / Tan|
Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea and Tick Killer – With Ready-to-Use Comfort Wand, Kills Bed Bugs and Bed Bug Eggs, Bed Bug Spray Also Kills Fleas and Ticks, 1 gal.
Price : $17.49
- Use Ortho Home Defense Max Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer to kill bed bugs, bed bug eggs, fleas, and ticks
- Use spray as a spot treatment around bed frames, mattress seams/tufts/folds, and baseboards
- Kills even the toughest bed bugs (pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs)
- Second step of a 3-step bed bug solution system
- The continuous spray Comfort Wand easily gets into hard-to-reach areas
Additional Info :
Ultimate Zippered Mattress Protector (King)
Price : $19.99
- Optimal Protection. Keep your mattress looking like new for years to come with the Crystal Trading Ultimate Zippered Mattress Protector. Defending against urine this high-quality protector is backed by a 10-year warranty to ensure that your mattress is fully protected.
- High-Quality Construction. Designed to deliver long-term strength and use throughout the years, this sheet protector is made using 100% non-woven polyester fabric laminated with polyurethane. This material is waterproof and resistant to offer the utmost protection for your mattress.
- Extraordinary Comfort. Smooth and soft to the touch, the smooth polyester top layer is soft and comfortable under the sheets. It’s equipped with a zipper closure to supply a secure fit and make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
- Deep Pocket Mattress Protector. Deeper than the average mattress protector, this deep pocket protector fits up to a 16-inch mattress. It’s especially deeper in the corners, allowing it to stretch over a thick mattress to furnish a proper fit.
- Choice Of Size. To accommodate your needs, this mattress protector is available in three convenient sizes – twin, full and queen.
Additional Info :
Premium BED Bugs Pillow Protector a Set of 2 Pillow Protectors (Queen (21″x”28))
Price : $12.99
- Surrounds and protects the pillow on all sides against bed bugs.
- 2 PC Set pillows Available in two sizes (King 21″x”36) (Queen 21″X”28)
- Machine wash and tumble dry for easy care
- Keep pillow clean and safe.
- Recommended to use a cover on top of this pillow protector.
Additional Info :
Conclusively, If you want to know how to get rid of bed bugs, you should start by learning how they reproduce, how they feed and how they move around.