Hey buddy, you in the garden today? Where are you from anyway? What a hoot, I’m from Iowa myself. That’s a corn field if I ever saw one! This time of year is about grubs and beetles for me, just like your grub worm infestation you’re having. Your crops are suffering and it is up to me to get your grub worms before they multiply (we all know they will). But who has the best insecticide for grubs? I went to Lowe’s and was overwhelmed with the amount of insecticides on the market. Of course, I had no idea what kind of grub worms I was up against. Are they Japanese Beetles or European Chafers? Both can be quite destructive. I read the package carefully, but it seemed as if even the most effective insecticides could only protect me for nine months. That is a long time to live in fear! Have you ever walked out to your garden only to discover nasty grub worms eating away at your soil and vegetables? The most frustrating part is trying to get rid of them. I know what you’re thinking, “Where do these things come from anyway?” Well, I’ll tell you! On any given day, you might find that creepy crawly creatures have found their way onto your property. Grubs are insects that are typically hidden underground in dirt or grass.
Best Insecticide For Grub Worms
In their larval stage, grubs are white beetles that live in the soil and feed on plant roots. Grubs will destroy your garden and lawn if left untreated. The best way to get rid of grub worms is to use an insecticide. However, not all insecticides are created equal when it comes to killing these pests. Some are more effective than others, and some are safer for you and your pets or children. These products act quickly to eliminate your grub problem so you can have a beautiful landscape again in no time!
Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer
Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer is a broad spectrum insecticide that can be used to kill grubs, aphids and other insects. It’s great for use on lawns, trees, shrubs and flowers as well as vegetables and fruit trees. Because it’s applied as a liquid spray, you don’t have to worry about any harmful residue left behind after application. This makes it ideal for ornamental plants like roses or hostas that may be nearby your garden beds where grubs tend to live.
This product can also be used in a variety of settings: indoors or outdoors; on lawns; trees; shrubs; flowers; vegetables & fruit trees;; ornamental plants
GrubEx is a ready-to-use insecticide that contains the active ingredient bifenthrin. It works on grubs in the soil, including mole crickets and Japanese beetle larvae. This product can be used on lawns, flowerbeds, vegetable gardens and more. It can also be used on trees and shrubs as well as ornamental plants like azaleas or landscape trees.
You can use GrubEx for grubs in your lawns and garden areas that are infested with these pests by mixing 1/2 oz per gallon of water for application with a sprayer or a watering can for spot treatments. You may also want to add an attractant such as soybean oil to increase its effectiveness against adult burrowing insects such as beetles because they will feed on this mixture but won’t eat treated grass clippings from treated areas after application
Spectracide Grub Killer Plus
The Spectracide Grub Killer Plus has been proven to be one of the most effective and easiest-to-use grub killer on the market. It provides a quick, effective solution to killing grubs where they live underground. Its unique formula is non-staining, odorless and non-flammable so it’s safe to use around pets and children as well as other wildlife.
The product comes in two sizes: 10 oz. concentrate or 1 gallon concentrate that can be diluted up to 20 times with water (1/2 oz./gal.). The smaller size is perfect for treating small areas while the larger quantity will treat large areas easily at an affordable price point because it lasts longer than other options available from competitors who charge more money per gallon yet only provide half as much coverage per application!
The product works fast by killing larvae within 2 hours of application making it extremely effective against young worms which are hardier pests than adult worms or beetles.”
Scotts Grub Ex
Scotts Grub Ex is a granular insecticide that you apply to your lawn as a soil-applied insecticide. It’s slow-acting, meaning that it takes time for the grubs to die once they make contact with the insecticide—around 2 weeks, in fact. This allows you to apply Scotts Grub Ex before grubs become active in your yard and then have them killed when they begin eating the grass roots.
Scotts Grub Ex is also a contact insecticide, which means once they eat it, it gets into their system so that whatever part of their body comes into contact with another organic substance (such as food) dies immediately.
It’s systemic, meaning that when applied to the soil around an infected area it will travel through its vascular system up into every part of its body via capillary action until all organs are affected by this poison!
GreenLight Grub Control Granules
GreenLight Grub Control Granules is a systemic insecticide that will kill grubs in their larval stage. Grubs are the immature form of beetles and other insects, like June bugs and Japanese beetles.
Systemic insecticides work by being absorbed into plants or trees, where they then travel through the vascular system of these plants. They’re most effective when applied to soil around roots because it gives them better access to the growth points of your lawn or garden.
This product is also an excellent broad-spectrum pest control agent for any number of pests including: ants; aphids; asparagus beetle; borers (including Colorado potato beetle); cabbage looper caterpillar larvae (a type of butterfly); caterpillars such as gypsy moth larvae/caterpillars; cabbageworms (another type of butterfly), cutworms; earwigs; leafhoppers; mites—even slugs!
If you have grubs in your garden, use one of these insecticides to kill them.
Grubs are a type of beetle larva, and they feed on the roots of plants. They can damage lawns as well as vegetable gardens, reducing crop yields and increasing the need for fertilizers to maintain healthy crops. Grubs are white and C-shaped, with brown heads and legs that stick out from their bodies.
If you have grubs in your garden, use one of these insecticides to kill them:
If you’re looking for an insecticide to kill grub worms, the best option is Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer. It works in 24 hours and kills a wide variety of pests, including grubs. If you have other types of insects in your garden or lawn, this product will work well against them too.
BioAdvanced 700740M 24-Hour Grub Plus for Lawns Ant, Tick, and Insect Killer, 5,000 sqft, Ready-to-Spread Granules, Standard Bag
Price : $21.98
- 24-HOUR GRUB KILLER: Delivers overnight results by killing grubs in 24 hours
- PLUS INSECT KILLER: Also kills Ants, Ticks, Billbugs, Chinch Bugs, Crickets, Cutworms, Earwigs, Grasshoppers, and more
- PREVENTS LAWN DAMAGE: Use at the first sign of grubs to stop further lawn damage
- COVERAGE AREA: Treats up to 5,000 square feet
- RESTRICTIONS: Not for sale in CA & ME
Additional Info :
|Color||Ready-to-Spread Granules, Standard Bag|
Scotts GrubEx1 Season Long Grub Killer, 14.35 lb.
Price : $24.47
- One application in the spring or early summer kills and prevents grubs and armyworms for 4 months
- Helps prevent root damage caused by insects for a stronger lawn
- Prevents turf damage by killing grubs when they are young
- Kills 25% more grub types vs. original GrubEx
- Scotts products are designed to work with Scotts spreaders
Additional Info :
Spectracide 95830 Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrat, 32oz, Multi
Price : $5.99
- OUTDOOR USE: Protects lawns, vegetables, fruit and nut trees, roses, flowers, trees and shrubs
- KILLS 260+ INSECTS BY CONTACT: Kills above and below ground – kills grubs, ants as listed, fleas, deer ticks, Japanese beetles, European crane flies and other listed insects
- NON-STAINING: Non-staining to most home siding depending on age and cleanliness – see product label for details
- CONCENTRATE FORMULA: Ready-to-spray QuickFlip spray concentrate that attaches directly to your garden hose
Additional Info :
BioAdvanced 700270B Science-Based Solutions Grub, Ant & Mosquito Killer for Lawns, Pest Control, 40 oz, Concentrate
Price : $13.98
- INSECT KILLER: Army worm killer and kills other listed surface insects including grubs, ants, ticks and more in 24 hours
- 3 MONTH PROTECTION: Kills listed soil insects for up to 3 months
- USE ON: Soil and turf lawns and around the home
- PLUS MOSQUITO KILLER: Kills mosquitoes in addition to 30 other outdoor pests
- COVERAGE AREA: Treats up to 6,667 square feet
- RESTRICTIONS: Not for use in NY, CT, & VT. Not for sale, sale into, distribution, and or use in Nassau, Suffolk, Kings and Queens counties of NY
Additional Info :
SPECTRUM BRANDS 53944, 10-Pound Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns Granules 10 Pounds, Kil, 10 lbs
Price : $6.00
- Kills lawn insects: use outdoors on lawns and as a band treatment around your house foundation
- Kills more than 100 insect types: kills insects above and below ground, including ants (excluding harvester and pharaoh ants), crickets, armyworms, cutworms, grubs, ticks and others as listed
- Kills on contact: treat when insects first appear or when you notice lawn damage
- Controls grubs: treat any time between late July and early October
- Granular formula: distribute granules uniformly around the treatment area; water in lightly immediately after application
Additional Info :