Pests and insects have been around since the dawn of time and they will probably still be around long after we are gone. We have been designing, inventing and patenting new methods to fight them and their infestations for a long time now. With all this technology, we surely should be able to find the best insecticide for moths. Insecticides are a necessary tool for making sure that your home is pest free. Using the right pesticide (or insecticide) can help you get rid of moths easily, without causing harm to humans or pets in the home. This post reviews three of the best insecticides for moths. Falling in love with your home, and then subsequently loathing it due to destructive pests, is one of the worst experiences you can go through. It is a general consensus that moths are the most challenging of all to cleanse from your home. They spin cocoons on your upholstery, carpets, and curtains. Just as you breathe a sigh of relief for finally cleaning off the last one, you find another one.
Best Insecticide For Moths
Moths are one of the most common pantry pests around, and their damage can be very expensive. Moths eat clothing and fabric, so if you’re not careful your entire wardrobe could quickly become moth infested. Luckily, getting rid of moths isn’t too difficult or expensive—all you need is a good insecticide. The following are four of the best insecticides for controlling moths:
Diatomaceous Earth. If you’re looking for an organic insecticide, diatomaceous earth will be your best bet. …
If you’re looking for an organic insecticide, diatomaceous earth will be your best bet. It’s made from the fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of algae. The way it works is that DE causes the exoskeleton of insects to dry out and crack open, which then makes it harder for them to move or breathe.
Diatomaceous earth is non-toxic (it only works on bugs and does not harm humans or pets), so there’s no need to worry about spraying this stuff around your house! This natural insecticide is also safe when used around children and pets because it doesn’t get absorbed into the body—it just gets washed off when they take their next shower!
Whether you’re dealing with moths in your closet or flies in your kitchen sink, this simple solution will fight all types of unwanted pests without causing any harm on your part.
Mint Leaf Spray. If you want to keep moths away from your closet, this spray is the perfect solution! …
Moth repellents are very effective at keeping moths away from your closet, but you can also make your own spray that will keep them away for good.
This is a great way to save money and avoid using harsh chemicals around the house. Plus, the ingredients are all natural and safe for humans and animals!
Spray mint leaves around your home in areas where moths might be found. These include closets, basements and cabinets, pantries or kitchens (especially near spices), bathrooms (where they may get stuck in tub drains), attics or crawlspaces (where they love hiding during wintertime), behind windowsills/frames where they enter houses through gaps between sills/frames and their homes outside(for example on window frames).
Cedar Balls. …
Cedar balls are an organic insecticide. These natural repellents work by emitting a scent that is similar to cedar oil, which repels insects. Cedar ball sachets are easy to use and can be hung around the house or in closets where moths tend to hide out. They’re also good for controlling other pests such as silverfish and fruit flies, so they’re a great choice when it comes to moth control!
Garlic Oil Spray. …
Garlic oil spray is a good insecticide for moths. Garlic is rich in sulfur compounds that make it a powerful insect repellent and killer. When garlic is combined with water, it becomes even more effective as an odorless and non-staining spray. Garlic oil can be used to kill moths in your home or to keep them away from your clothes and closets.
Toxic Police Wasp Spray.Takeaway: Diatomaceous earth and toxic police wasp spray are among the best insecticides for moth control.
Insecticides are often considered the most effective way to eliminate a moth infestation, but they can also be dangerous. If you’re looking for an insecticide that’s safe for humans and animals, toxic police wasp spray is among the best options. It’s relatively safe for children and pets as well. The insecticide itself isn’t harmful to food or plants, making it ideal for use in homes where people grow their own produce or keep livestock such as chickens or bees. Toxic police wasp spray won’t harm other insects either; if there are beneficial insects (such as ladybugs) present in your home, don’t worry—they’ll be just fine when you treat with this insecticide! For those who have concerns about chemicals being released into the environment from pesticides sprayed outside on lawns and gardens, rest assured: Toxic police wasp spray does not leave behind any residual chemicals after its application has dried onto surfaces such as woodwork walls floors etcetera so long as you’ve cleaned up any excess powder left behind by using dusters after applying this product before replacing furniture back onto floors once treated areas dry completely.”
No matter which moth insecticide you go for, it is necessary to take preventive measures as well. Moths often turn into destructive pests when they find a place in your home that provides them with an easy access to food and breeding grounds.
Clothes Moth Traps 6 Pack | Child and Pet Safe | No insecticides | Premium Attractant | Protect Clothes, Sweaters, Wool, Carpet | Safe Moth Killer
Price : $10.87
- NOT FOR PANTRY MOTHS, FOOD MOTHS OR GYPSY MOTHS. PROTECT YOUR CLOTHES WITH CONFIDENCE! Say goodbye to nasty, annoying, and ugly moths damaging your favorite clothes! A great alternative to moth balls
- SAFE AND NON-TOXIC PROTECTION FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY: Feel secure knowing that these non-toxic moth traps are capturing and killing the moths in your closet while being safe for your family
- LONG LASTING PERFORMANCE: The bottom line is that “these traps work”. Our traps contain a special pheromone attractant mixed with glue that attracts male clothes moths which then stick to the trap so they can’t mate with the females. The result is an end to the hungry larva that eat your clothes!
- EASY TO USE: Our premium pheromones are built right into our sticky pad to maximize the attraction – no skinny pheromone strips to bother with! Just fold the trap into a triangle and place in your closet.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We’ve spent years in the labs creating the best non-toxic moth traps in the business and will give you a full refund if you aren’t completely satisfied. Note that if you’re seeing moths flying around they are very likely NOT clothes moths since clothes moths avoid the light.
Additional Info :
Prozap ProMist’r II Programmable Aerosol Dispenser | Automated Pest Control | Eliminate Flying Inserts Including Flies, Mosquitoes, Gnats and Moths | Insecticide Not Included
Price : $37.04
- REPELS AND KILLS – Can be used to kill flies, mosquitos, gnats, and other small pests
- MANY APPLICATIONS – Highly effective around the home, school, office, factory, restaurant, warehouse, restroom and more!
- LARGE COVERAGE & HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE – When activated, will cover up to 6,000 cubic feet, or a 30’x20’x10′ room. Automatically activates a metered spray every 7.5 to 30 minutes.
- ACCEPTS MOST METERED AEROSOLS – Extremely effective with Prozap LD-44T metered insecticide (Not Included)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Seller fulfilled lifetime guarantee (ONLY HONORED BY QUICKMOUSE)
Bonide (BND803) – Leaf Eating Worm & Moth Killer, Thuricide Bacillus Thuringiensis (Bt) Outdoor Insecticide/Pesticide Liquid Concentrate (16 oz.)
Price : $17.65
- INSECT KILLER – This pest control is great for use on redhumped caterpillars, cabbage looper, diamondback moth, omnivorous leafroller, tent caterpillar, and many more.
- PROTECTS VEGETABLES, FRUITS, NUTS, SHADE TREES & ORNAMENTALS – Thuricide is designed for use on a variety of plants including almonds, apples, pears, cherries, grapes, oranges, celery, broccoli, cabbage, pecans plus shade trees and ornamentals.
- CONTAINS BACILLUS THURINGIENSIS – The active ingredient of this product is Bacillus thuringiensis, also known as Bt. Bt is a natural occurring, soil-borne bacteria that has been used since the 1950s for natural insect control.
- FAST ACTING FORMULA – Thuricide is a bacterium which is selectively toxic to many moth and butterfly larvae. The insects stop feeding and die within 2-3 days of ingestion.
- EASY TO APPLY – Product instantly mixes with water and should be applied as a spray using a mist blower, hose-end sprayer or pressurized hand sprayer. Product can be applied up to the day of harvest.
Additional Info :
Q-Traps Pantry Moth Traps – Safe, Nontoxic, Insecticide & Odor Free, Pheromone Attractant Traps for Common Kitchen Moths (6 Traps)
Price : $12.50
- – ALL NATURAL MOTH TRAPS – Powerful Indoor Attractant Keeps Your Family & Food Safe; Place in Pantry to Protect Flour, Rice, Bird Seed, Pet Food & Other Dry Goods
- – PHEROMONE FORMULA – Green Product Safely Lures & Traps Indian Meal Moths; Made of Recycled Paper With No Harmful Insecticide or Poison
- – QUICK & EASY SETUP – Each Deterrent Comes w/Pre Baited Glue & Folds Into a Convenient Tent in Seconds; Individually Wrapped in Foil Sachets for Freshness
- – SAFER, MORE EFFECIENT PREVENTION – Clean, Odorless Catchers Help You Control Infestation, Stop the Breeding Cycle & Prevent Future Eggs & Larvae from Forming
- – NOT FOR CLOTHING MOTHS – Bulk Supply is Specially Designed for Food Based Kitchen Pests; Works for Almonds, Raisins, Whole Grains, Dog Food & Similar Goods
Additional Info :
Superior Pantry Moth Traps with Pheromones Prime | No Insecticides | Safe, Non-Toxic and Child and Pet Friendly | Superior Attractant – 6 Traps
Price : $10.87
- STOPS PANTRY MOTHS FROM REPRODUCING – Quickly put an end to your pantry moth problems. Our traps catch the male moths so you can finally say goodbye to your Moth problems. Please also be sure to dispose of any infested food and clean your kitchen, pantry, and cupboards.
- EASY TO USE. Our superior pheromones are built right into our sticky pad to maximize the attraction – no skinny pheromone strips to bother with! Just peel off the protective cover, fold, and place in your pantry.
- GREAT DESIGN. Our Superior Pantry moths look good in any kitchen or pantry and the clean and non toxic formulation is a must for anywhere you have food, children, or pets.
- NOT FOR CLOTHING MOTHS. The superior pheromones in our pantry moth traps are specifically formulated for Indian Meal Moths and Food moths that eat Bird Seed, Pet Food, Flour, Grains, Almonds, and other dry goods.
Additional Info :