Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate is a powerful, concentrated, and effective formula specifically designed to kill bed bugs. Bed bugs are parasites that feed on human blood. They have been known to cause skin rashes, itching, and welts in some people. Bed bugs are not known to transmit disease; however, they can cause mental and emotional distress in their victims.
While the exact origins of bed bug infestations are unknown, it is believed that they were brought into the United States from Europe in the mid-1800s. Since then, bed bugs have spread throughout North America, and their numbers continue to grow each year.
Since bed bugs prefer dark places like mattresses and furniture, it’s important to use products like Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate as part of your overall bed bug elimination strategy.
How Do You Mix Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate?
Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate can be mixed with water, but it is not recommended that you do so.
Mixing the product with water will dilute its effectiveness, making it less likely to kill bed bugs on contact. Because of this, many people mix Crossfire into their vacuum cleaner and then use it to suck up any bed bug eggs or larvae that they find.
However, if you have already diluted your concentrate and would like to use it as a contact spray, here are some tips:
-Spray the mixture onto the surface of your mattress, box spring, and all nearby furniture (including nightstands). Make sure that all areas of these surfaces are covered with a fine mist.
-Let the mixture dry completely before bringing anything back into your home that has been treated with Crossfire.
How Long Does Crossfire Last?
It is important to understand that the Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate is not a long-term solution. It is designed to kill bed bugs, but only for a limited amount of time. The product should be used as a preventative measure; it will not eliminate an infestation, but it can help to prevent an infestation from occurring in the first place.
It should be noted that there are no known side effects associated with using this product, and it does not cause any damage to humans or pets. However, you should use caution when applying the product because it can cause damage to fabrics and surfaces if not applied carefully.
The product is effective against bed bugs that have been exposed directly or indirectly at least once before they become resistant to treatment. In other words, if you are battling an existing infestation, this product may not be able to kill all of the bed bugs in one application; however, it can help reduce their numbers so that they are easier to manage over time with repeated applications of spray or gel every few days until all signs of infestation disappear completely (usually within two weeks).
What Is the Active Ingredient in Crossfire Bed Bug?
The active ingredient in Crossfire Bed Bug is permethrin, which is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide. Pyrethroids are synthetic versions of natural extracts from the Chrysanthemum flower, and they typically have longer residual effects on pests than other pesticides.
Insects such as bed bugs have developed resistance to some pyrethroids, but Crossfire Bed Bug remains effective against these insects because it contains both permethrin and piperonyl butoxide (PBO). The PBO helps prolong the life of permethrin in the environment so that it can continue to control pests for up to three months after application.
How Do You Mix Crossfire With Water?
When you’re mixing Crossfire, it is important to first ensure that the area you are treating is well-ventilated. You can use a fan or open windows. You should also wear gloves and a mask while working with this product.
To mix your Crossfire concentrate with water, use a hose-end sprayer or a pump-up sprayer. You will want to add 1 part of the concentrate to 1 part of water in the sprayer. You may need more or less depending on how large of an area you are treating.
The mixture should be shaken before each use to ensure an even mixing of the ingredients.
List Of Top-rated Bed Bug Killer Products
Bed bugs are a serious problem. They can make you feel insecure and vulnerable, and they can be very difficult to get rid of. This article is going to discuss some of the best products for killing bed bugs so that you can get rid of them once and for all.
ZappBug Heater Bed Bug Killer with Real Reviews Time-Tested Excellent Customer Service
- Effective against bed bugs in all life stages, including eggs, nymphs, and adults.
- Heat-only bed bug solution.
- Easy to use: One person set-up, load with items, and press on. Tent folds flat for storage.
- Large-size chamber. Measures 23″ x 37.5″ x 23″ treats luggage, toys, and more
- 1500-watt programable heater & wireless thermometer ensure necessary treatment time inside the chamber
Full Size SureGuard Box Spring Encasement – 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic – Premium Zippered Six-Sided Cover
- 100% Waterproof – Six-sided premium protection against everyday liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee
- Bed Bug Proof – Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the box spring from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Mattress Encasement
- Hypoallergenic – Keeps Your Box Spring Clean & Fresh – Blocks dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen and pet dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless – Smooth stretch-knit surface hugs to your box-spring like a glove – Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Full (54 in x 75 in) – Fits 8 to 11 inches deep; Zippered Box Spring Cover – Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
SenSci ActivVolcano Bed Bug Interceptors 4 Pack, Volcano Bed Bug Interceptor & ActivCR Bed Bug Lure – Bed Bug Traps for Home, Office, Hotels
- EFFECTIVE BED BUG TRAP: This top-notch bed bug interceptor is more accurate than traditional obtrusive visual inspections. The lure increases capture by 2-to-1!
- EASY TO USE BED BUG KIT: The bed bug traps are simple to install and inspect, maintenance free. Simply place the bed bug Volcano traps by the legs of your beds, in corners, along baseboards, or on any path where the bed bugs may travel.
- NOT A PESTICIDE: Are you looking for a safe and easy way to catch bed bugs? Unlike many bed bug traps for bed legs the ActiveVolcano is only an attractant designed to increase the probability that a bed bug monitor detects the presence of bed bugs.
- THE INNOVATION, NOT IMITATION: Our bedbug interceptor is designed and developed by leading bed bug expert Jeff White and backed by science. The SenSci Volcano bed bug interceptors make it easy for you to inspect and remove bed bugs with their clear bottom design.
- PEST PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT: Getting a bed bug infestation can be a nightmare, but help is on the way! SenSci ActivVolcano is the best early bed bug detection and bed bug prevention product that more pest professionals use for their treatments. Each kit includes four SenSci Volcano bed bug interceptors and four SenSci ActivCR bed bug lures.
Crossfire Bed Bug Concentrate is a highly effective, broad-spectrum insecticide that has been used to control bed bugs in residential and commercial properties. The product can be applied as a crack and crevice treatment by professionals or by do-it-yourselfers who have the proper equipment.