Bed bug bites can be annoying, painful and uncomfortable. They can also be dangerous if they become infected. The good news is that bed bugs are not known to carry any diseases. However, they do spread other diseases to humans. If you have been bitten by a bed bug, you should take steps to prevent the spread of disease.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on human blood. They live in mattresses, box springs, headboards as well as furniture such as chairs and tables. Bed bugs are small enough to hide in cracks and crevices but large enough to see with the naked eye when crawling on someone’s skin or clothes. Bed bug bites are usually red in color but may also appear brown due to their feeding habits. Bed bug bites can occur anywhere on your body including your face, neck, arms and legs even your hands and feet.
Bed bugs prefer warm places such as beds but will also spend time in other rooms especially during summer months when temperatures rise above 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius). Bed bugs usually target people who have recently returned from travel trips abroad where they may have been.
Do Bed Bug Bites Get Worse Over Time?
The answer depends on the person bitten and their reaction to the bite. Some people have had lingering symptoms for years after being bitten by a bed bug. Others have been able to recover in just a few days. The severity of a bed bug bite depends on the species and age of the bed bug; some are more aggressive than others.
How Do You Tell if the Bites Are From Bed Bugs?
There are a few different ways you can tell if the bites are from bed bugs. If you have been bitten by bed bugs, they will leave a visible red mark on your skin. This can be any color, but it’s usually red or brown in color. Bed bug bites also tend to itch more than other kinds of bites, and they may feel itchy for several days after being bitten.
Bed bugs also leave behind fecal material when they feed on their host, that fecal material might be smeared on the skin around the bite area and should look like tiny specs of dirt (but it will almost always smell like feces). Bed bugs are attracted to areas with a lot of carbon dioxide—this means that if someone has been bitten by them, they’ll have higher levels of carbon dioxide in their breath than usual when they talk or breathe normally (which is why many people describe having trouble breathing after they’ve been bitten by bed bugs).
What Happens if You Don’t Treat Bed Bugs Bite?
If you don’t treat bed bugs, they can cause a number of health problems. They can also leave behind a residue that can be difficult to get rid of.
They’re most likely to cause problems if they’re not treated properly. Bed bugs are tiny and shy, so it’s hard for people to see them unless they’re actively looking for them. Because of this, many people never realize that they have an infestation until it’s too late. If left untreated, bed bugs may:
- Cause skin rashes or infections
- Damage your blood vessels
- Cause respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis
- Cause anemia (low iron levels)
What Happen if You Dont Treat Bed Bug Infestation?
The infestation will spread to other rooms in your house. Bed bugs can live for months without feeding, so they will continue to thrive even though you may have treated them.
Bed bugs can travel from one part of your house to another by hiding in luggage, clothing, furniture and other items that come into contact with skin. Bed bugs can be a nuisance for months or years after being treated. They can hide in seams of mattresses and box springs, behind wallpaper or under carpets.
Homemade Treatment of Bed Bug Bite
The first step is to get rid of the bugs that you find in your home. You can do this by using a vacuum or broom to sweep them away from the area where you found them. After removing the bugs, make sure that your home is clean and ready for any other infestation that might occur.
The second step is to apply an anti-itch cream to the bites on your skin, ideally within 12 hours of being bitten. If you choose not to apply an anti-itch cream, then you should get some over-the-counter pain medication in order to help relieve any discomfort that may be caused by the bite.
Lastly, wash your hands with soap and water after treating your body with anti-itch cream or over-the-counter pain medication in order to prevent any other bugs from getting into contact with your skin again.
The most effective way to treat bed bug bites is with a home remedy. There are several products that can be used to help relieve the itching and pain, but if you don’t have access to these products, you can make your own at home. To make a homemade remedy, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt (preferably sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
List of Bed Bug Bites and Where to Buy
A bed bug bite may be confused with an insect bite or a spider bite. Check out this list of bed bug bites and where to buy them.
Mighty Patch Original from Hero Cosmetics – Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Patch for Covering Zits and Blemishes, Spot Stickers for Face and Skin, Vegan-friendly and Not Tested on Animals (36 Count)
Price : $12.99 ($0.36 / Count)
- 🏆 The Original Award-Winning Acne Patch – Mighty Patch is a hydrocolloid sticker that improves the look of pimples overnight without the popping. Just stick it on, get some sleep, and wake up with clearer-looking skin.
- ⏱️ Results in 6-8 Hours – Absorbs pimple gunk thanks to our medical-grade hydrocolloid. Clinically tested, drug-free, and safe for all skin types.
- 🛌 All-Night Adhesion – Strong enough to stay on through a whole night of tossing, turning, and pillow-squishing. Easy to remove in the AM without redness or irritation.
- ✨ Blends Seamlessly into Skin – The thin sticker with a translucent matte finish keeps your pimple under wraps day or night. You might just forget you’re even wearing it.
- 🕊️ Peace-Of-Mind Design – Our hydrocolloid patches are UV sterilized, and allergy tested. Each box comes with 36 medium dots (12 millimeters) on easy-peel perforated sheets.
Additional Info :
Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, Body Oil for Scars and Stretchmarks, Dermatologist Recommended, Non-Comedogenic, For All Skin Types, with Vitamin A, E, 6.7 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), Red
Price : $22.99 ($3.43 / Fl Oz)
- IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS – Clinically proven to help repair skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and more. Bio-Oil is non comedogenic and a great acne scar treatment for face
- PACKED WITH POWERFUL, NATURAL OILS – Vitamin A Oil promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, increasing skin elasticity. Vitamin E Oil, Chamomile Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Lavender Oil are anti-inflammatory and promote healthy skin
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL MOISTURE WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES – Uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain moisture to repair scars without clogging your pores. Effective acne scar healer and anti-aging face moisturizer for women
- HELPS SMOOTH UNEVEN SKIN TONES – Works naturally to improve the appearance of uneven skin tones, for light and dark skin tones. Mineral oil, one of Bio-Oil’s base oils, works both as an emollient, which keeps the skin soft and smooth, and as a moisturizer
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Keep Bio-Oil Skincare Oil on-hand to ensure the whole household is covered. Safe for pregnant women, this is the perfect mothers day present for expectant moms. Bio-Oil helps soften skin and repairs damage for all types, tones, textures, and areas of your skin
Additional Info :
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.99
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
LUMIFY Redness Reliever Eye Drops 0.25 Ounce (7.5mL)
Price : $19.76 ($79.04 / Fl Oz)
- Eye Drops for Red Eyes: LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help reveal your eyes’ natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch and Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute and lasts up to 8 hours
- LUMIFY is different: The only OTC drop to contain brimonidine. It selectively targets redness, alleviating some potential side effects associated with other redness relief drops, when used as directed
- LUMIFY contains no bleach or dyes. It’s the Number 1 Eye Doctor recommended redness reliever (data on file)
- Eye Care Experts at Bausch and Lomb: For over 150 years, we have focused on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses and solutions to eye drops, ointments, eye vitamins, and more
- Amazing Looking Eyes: We understand how important eyes are. And despite all the eye creams, mascara, eyeliners and eyeshadows, if your eyes are red, you won’t look your best
Additional Info :
MAJESTIC PURE Himalayan Salt Body Scrub with Lychee Oil, Exfoliating Salt Scrub to Exfoliate & Moisturize Skin, Deep Cleansing – 10 oz
Price : $12.73 ($1.27 / Fl Oz)
- A Massage Body Scrub – Majestic Pure Himalayan Salt Scrub is formulated with powerful Natural Ingredients including Lychee berry, Sweet Almond Oil, and various Nutrients for their benefits on skin. Lychee Berry Oil has a soft, delicate scent and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Bath Scrub Detoxifies & Hydrates skin. It can be used by Men & Women.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub – Himalayan salt is known for its impressive nutrient profile, which includes high trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper & iron. These nutrients help detoxify skin by balancing pH levels in the body. The pink salt crystals act as a pore-minimizer to restore smooth, soft skin; Himalayan Salt color can vary from light to dark pink color hence the scrub color may vary.
- Detoxification + Hydration – Salt Body Scrub Exfoliate for Body removes dead cells, toxins, dirt, pollution, and from pores. Scrubbing with sea salt scrub also assists in rejuvenation of skin; leaving not only your skin revived but also refreshing your whole Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Skin Blemish Solution – Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of Acne, Blackheads, Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Scars, and Excess Oil. A pore-minimizer and hydrating solution to leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and firmer. Great leg exfoliator for strawberry legs.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA – At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
Additional Info :
Hopefully, we have answered all your questions about bed bug bites and their symptoms. If you think you may have been bitten by a bed bug, the first step is to call an exterminator. They will be able to provide advice on how to get rid of them and prevent them from coming back in the future. We also suggest that you seek medical attention if your bite becomes infected or causes other complications such as hives or swelling at home with anti-itch creams like hydrocortisone cream before seeing a doctor because it might help reduce itching and swelling until professional care becomes available.