Moth balls are a popular form of pest control. They are made from a chemical that deters pests, but they have the unfortunate side effect of killing ants. Moth balls are a natural product that can be used to kill ants. They are made from the excrement of moths, which are attracted to the smell of ant nests. The moth balls contain a chemical called pyrethrin, which is lethal to most insects. Pyrethrin is derived from chrysanthemums and other flowers.
Moth balls contain naphthalene, which is an organic compound that can be toxic to humans and animals. Moth balls are used to deter pests like moths and other animals that can damage your property or invade your home. The moth-repellent chemicals in moth balls break down over time, leaving behind small particles that are inhaled by people and pets.
Ants also breathe through their skin, so inhaling mothballs can be fatal for them as well. The high concentrations of naphthalene in moth balls can cause direct damage to the nervous system of insects, causing them to die from respiratory failure within minutes after being exposed to the chemical compound found in mothballs (Simmons & O’Connell 2003).
If you are going to use moth balls in your house, make sure that you put them in a non-porous container or cover the container with plastic wrap so that the moth balls do not come into direct contact with anything else in your house. You can also put them into a plastic bag and place it outside of your home as well.
Do Mothballs Repel Ants
Mothballs are toxic to many insects, including ants. However, it is unlikely that you will see an ant infestation if you use mothballs as a deterrent. Ants are attracted to the smell of mothballs and will come into contact with them. This can cause them to take up the toxins in the environment, which can affect their ability to survive.
Mothballs may also have an effect on other insects, such as beetles and termites, which are attracted to the smell of mothballs.
How Do You Use Moth Balls to Kill Ant?
The best way to use mothballs is to place them in a plastic bag and then place the bag inside an empty toilet paper roll. This will seal the moth balls inside the toilet paper roll, making it impossible for ants to get through them.
If you have an infestation of ants, you may want to try spraying some water mixed with dish soap on top of your mothballs as they sit in the toilet paper roll. This will help keep the moths from escaping and going into your food or home.
The easiest way to use mothballs to kill ants is by opening a package and sprinkling them around areas where ants are active. It’s also possible to buy pre-mixed mothball packs that contain both boric acid and pyrethrins, which are more effective than those without them.
Is Moth Ball Harmful to Human?
Yes, moth ball is harmful to humans. It is a poisonous substance that can cause damage to the respiratory system and skin. The harmful effects of moth balls are mainly related to breathing problems and allergic reactions.
Moth balls are used as an insecticide and it is also used as a preservative for some products such as woolen materials, furniture and clothes etc. It is very dangerous for people who have problems with their lungs because moth balls contain toxic gases which can cause irritation and inflammation in the lungs.
How Many Mothballs to Use in a Room?
For example, if you want to protect a large area, such as a living room or kitchen, then you should use more than one box of mothballs. The larger the space you’re trying to cover, the more mothballs you need.
If there are small spaces in your home that are prone to being infested with moths (like closets) and you don’t want them getting out into the rest of your home then just one box of mothballs will do just fine.
List of Mothballs Product for Ant and Where to Buy
Mothballs are a great way to keep your home from becoming a haven for moths. These pesky insects are attracted to light, which is why they like to hang out around windows and lamps. If you want to prevent them from getting into your home, look for these products:
Rodent Repellent Packs, Peppermint Oil to Repel Mice, Mouse, Rats Insect Sachet Pouches, Made with Plant Based Essential Oils (4)
Price : $16.59
- REPELS ALL COMMON RODENTS – Made with a combination of essential oils, the mouse repellent pouches give off a long-lasting scent of essential oils, quickly repelling pests from your property. Effective way to protect your property from rats, mice, spiders, roaches, ants and other rodents.
- LONG LASTING PROTECTION- These rodent repellent pouches deliver a long lasting scant, which is pleasant to humans but offensive to rats and mice.The odor can last about 30-90 days and is effective to repel the rodents, roaches, spiders and other pest.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE – Made with a combination of essential oils, the insect repeller pouch is safe for human and pet. You are being protected in a safe and eco-friendly way.
- EASY TO USE – Simply place a rat repellent pouch in any enclosed areas to get rid of rodents.The effective area of pest repeller pouch covers up to 120 Square feet. One room one pouch is recommended.
- MULTI USE – The no pest repeller pouches are perfect for closets, pantries, basements/attics, autos, trucks, vehicles, RV, tractors, sheds, barns, garages, storage units, boats and any enclosed areas. NOTE: Because this item is made with multiple essential oil ingredients, the smell will not be just minty, it will smell like fir in a big forest, and the smell will not be very strong. If this is not the scent you want and you want a strong scent, please do not buy it.
Additional Info :
TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Killer, 12 Bait Stations
Price : $11.92
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch it attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
Enoz Moth Balls 4oz, 6-Packages Protects Against Clothes Moths, Carpet Beetles and Their Eggs and Larvae. Moth Killer
Price : $13.24 ($0.55 / Ounce)
- ENOZ PARA MOTH BALLS: These moth balls kill destructive moths, moth eggs & moth larvae; Para Moth Balls are designed for long term or seasonal storage, in sealed containers in blanket chests, drawers, sweater boxes & trunks for worry free moth protection during storage
- KILLS CLOTHES MOTHS, EGGS & LARVAE: Enoz moth preventatives are a sure method of moth repellent;Enoz moth balls kill clothing moths, moth eggs, and moth larvae, making them great for use in sealed containers in closets, drawers and storage
- WILLERT HOME PRODUCTS: Willert Home Products began in 1946 with a single moth repellant product;Still owned & operated by the Willert family, we make over 100 home cleaning supplies & pest control items, including Ty-D-Bol, Bowl Fresh, airBOSS & Enoz
- Package Dimensions: 4 L x 4 W x 1 H Inch
Additional Info :
Enoz para Moth Balls with No Clinging Odor: Kills Clothes Moths, Carpet Beetles, Eggs, and Larvae, Use for Storage, 20 oz Bag
Price : $16.50 ($0.82 / Ounce)
- ENOZ PARA MOTH BALLS: These moth balls kill destructive moths and carpet beetles, and their eggs and larvae. Para Moth Balls are designed for long-term or seasonal storage, like closets, drawers, blanket chests, sweater boxes, and trunks for worry-free moth protection.
- KILLS CLOTHES MOTHS AND CARPET BEETLES AND THEIR EGGS & LARVAE: Enoz moth preventatives are a sure method of moth repellent. Enoz moth balls, moth bars, moth cakes, and moth crystals kill clothing moths, moth eggs, moth larvae, carpet beetles, carpet beetle eggs and carpet beetle larvae when used in air-tight containers.
- NO CLINGING ODOR: This is not your Grandmother’s moth ball. These odorless moth balls penetrate every fold and crease of stored items ensuring worry-free moth protection without that musty moth ball smell.
- SAY GOODBYE TO INDOOR BUG PROBLEMS: Flies, bees, cockroaches, moths, and mosquitos all have one thing in common – they aren’t welcome in your home. From flyswatters to moth balls, cedar spray to cockroach powder, we have your pest repellent needs covered. Keep your home pest-free with Enoz bug repellent products. Fighting an infestation isn’t easy, so let Enoz help if you’ve been pleased with Terro traps, Neem oil, Ecosmart Organic Insect Killer and Greenerways.
- ENOZ: Because moths and other insects are so small they are almost invisible – too often one only knows they have them after the damage is done. Be prepared to ensure the safety of your belongings before these insects strike with Enoz. All Enoz products are EPA approved and a sure method of killing destructive moth larvae. In addition, Enoz is proudly the only brand of Moth Preventives still made in the USA.
Additional Info :
Enoz Moth-Tek Packets Cedar Scent – 6 oz. Bag (Case of 6) Kills Clothes Moths, Carpet Beetles, and Eggs and Larvae
Price : $19.99 ($3.33 / Count)
- MOTH BALL PACKETS: These cedar scented flat moth ball packets are great for flat storage, like drawers, closet shelves, or blanket chests and trunks. Keep your delicate woolens safe from moths without the scent of moth balls or the mess of crystals.
- KILLS CLOTHES MOTHS, EGGS & LARVAE: Enoz moth preventatives help prevent costly damage from insects. Our moth balls, cakes, & spray kill clothing moths, moth eggs & larvae, & are great for protecting delicate woolens, cashmeres & other items.
- SAY GOODBYE TO INDOOR BUG PROBLEMS: Flies, bees, roaches, moths, and mosquitos all have one thing in common–they aren’t welcome in your home. From flyswatters to moth balls, cedar spray to roach powder, we have your pest repellent needs covered.
- WILLERT HOME PRODUCTS: Willert Home Products began in 1946 with a single moth repellant product. Still owned & operated by the Willert family, we make over 100 home cleaning supplies & pest control items, including Ty-D-Bol, Bowl Fresh, airBOSS & Enoz.
- IN AND AROUND THE HOME: That’s the Enoz Zone. Keep your home pest free with Enoz bug repellent products. Fighting an infestation isn’t easy, so let Enoz help if you’ve been pleased with Terro traps, Neem oil, Ecosmart Organic Insect Killer & Greenerways.
Additional Info :
Moth balls are a great solution to getting rid of ants, but they can also be deadly. If you use moth balls in your home, make sure that you do not use them in areas where people will walk or breathe them in. The smell of moth balls is also toxic and should never be used as an air freshener or deodorizer. If you are looking for a natural way to get rid of ants, try using diatomaceous earth instead. This substance has been found to kill ants by dehydrating them and making them unable to survive on their own for long periods of time.