Ants are a common problem in homes. They are attracted to the sweet smell of food products, so they often find their way into your house. You can prevent this by sealing off entry points with a mothball, which will keep ants away.
Mothballs are an effective way to repel ants, but they aren’t the only option. You can also use products like borax or diatomaceous earth, both of which are natural insecticides. However, these will not be as effective as mothballs because they don’t contain chemicals that help keep ants at bay.
There are two types of moths: the brown house moths and the green plant lice. The brown house moths are a type of beetle and they live in wood or paper products. They lay eggs on these items, which hatch and feed on them until they die. This means that if you seal off all entry points for these insects, then there is no food source for them to find and thus no reason for them to come into your home. The green plant lice live on plants like cabbage and broccoli, but have been known to attack other vegetables too such as tomatoes or carrots if left out in the open too long after harvesting time has passed.
How Effective Is Mothball for Ant?
Mothballs are an excellent way to keep ants at bay. They’re made from a highly toxic substance, so it’s unlikely that you’ll accidentally poison yourself or your pets if you use the product.
In addition to being toxic to ants, mothballs can also be used as an insecticide for other types of insects. They will not only keep ants away but they will also kill other insects that are attracted to the smell of the substance.
Mothballs can be placed around sinks, drains, and showers to keep ants out of these areas. You can also sprinkle some on your floors or around cracks in your walls so that ants have nowhere to go when they try to get into your home.
How Do I Use Mothball for Ant?
Mothballs are a popular and effective way to control ants. They work by making the colony too large to survive, so the ants will abandon their home and die. This is especially effective if you have a colony that’s been around for some time, like an ant farm or an ant hill.
You can also use mothballs in areas where you have a lot of ants, but don’t want them to spread. For example, mothballs can be used around pipes where ants are entering into your home from outside.
Mothballs should be diluted with water before applying to areas where insects live. The ratio of water to mothball should be about 1% water and 99% mothball. It’s best not to apply them directly onto plants or soil because this can damage plants over time by killing off beneficial bacteria and fungi needed by plants for growth health.
How Do I Store Mothballs?
Mothballs should be stored in a cool, dry place. The best way to store mothballs is in a sealed container with an airtight seal. You can also put them in a freezer if you want to keep them for longer than one year. You can even use mothballs as a deodorizer by putting them in your closet or under your bed.
Mothballs can be stored in any room or space where they will not be disturbed or exposed to moisture. When storing mothballs, make sure that they do not come into contact with pet food or water. Store them in an airtight container away from light and heat.
Mothballs are preserved by being mixed with a preservative or chemical so that they don’t naturally decompose over time. The most common practice is to keep mothballs in sealed jars in a dry place. If you’re storing large quantities of mothballs (more than 20 pounds at once), you can use cardboard boxes instead of jars.
List of Mothball Repellent for Ant and Where to Buy
Mothballs are great for keeping ants away, but they also repel moths and other insects. Here are some of the most effective mothball repellents around:
Rodent Repellent Packs, Peppermint Oil to Repel Mice, Mouse, Rats Insect Sachet Pouches, Made with Plant Based Essential Oils (4)
Price : $16.59
- REPELS ALL COMMON RODENTS – Made with a combination of essential oils, the mouse repellent pouches give off a long-lasting scent of essential oils, quickly repelling pests from your property. Effective way to protect your property from rats, mice, spiders, roaches, ants and other rodents.
- LONG LASTING PROTECTION- These rodent repellent pouches deliver a long lasting scant, which is pleasant to humans but offensive to rats and mice.The odor can last about 30-90 days and is effective to repel the rodents, roaches, spiders and other pest.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE – Made with a combination of essential oils, the insect repeller pouch is safe for human and pet. You are being protected in a safe and eco-friendly way.
- EASY TO USE – Simply place a rat repellent pouch in any enclosed areas to get rid of rodents.The effective area of pest repeller pouch covers up to 120 Square feet. One room one pouch is recommended.
- MULTI USE – The no pest repeller pouches are perfect for closets, pantries, basements/attics, autos, trucks, vehicles, RV, tractors, sheds, barns, garages, storage units, boats and any enclosed areas. NOTE: Because this item is made with multiple essential oil ingredients, the smell will not be just minty, it will smell like fir in a big forest, and the smell will not be very strong. If this is not the scent you want and you want a strong scent, please do not buy it.
Additional Info :
TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Killer, 12 Bait Stations
Price : $11.92
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch it attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
Eco Defense Pest Control Pouches – All Natural – Repels Rodents, Spiders, Roaches, Ants, Moths, Squirrels, & Other Pests – 12 Pack
Price : $39.95
- NATURALLY REPEL PESTS – A patented encapsulation process combines the ultra-powerful combination of essential oils in a convenient to use pouch form, proven to repel a multitude of different pests. Cedar, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Mint, and Peppermint oil create the ultimate pest control barrier. Proven safe mouse repellent for indoor and outdoor use.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Our 12 PACK of Pest Control Pouches last from 6 months to 1 year. Place in a small-enclosed area to repel Rats, Mice, Spiders, Silverfish, Roaches, Ants, Pantry Moth, Snakes, Squirrels, and dozens of other pests. Contains a powerful amount of peppermint oil to repel mice and rats. Works like magic as a squirrel repellent to keep them out of your attic and basement.
- NO MESS, EASY TO USE – Simply place 1 odorant pouch in any enclosed space up to 10 cubic feet to deter pests from intrusion or nesting. Perfect for closets, pantries, vehicles, RV, practically anywhere. Great rodent repellent for car engines that keep rats and mice from chewing on your engine’s wiring and cables.
- SAFE AND ECONOMICAL – Pest Block Pest Control Pouches are the safe alternative to chemicals and poison. The clean fresh smell of 100% pure essential oils repel pests & are always safe around you and your family. The perfect alternative to a Mouse Trap, Rat Trap, Rat poison, Roach Killer, Insect Killer, Moth Trap, Moth Balls, or Pest Repeller. 1 Pouch ALL PESTS.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Try Our Pest Control Pouches 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not absolutely satisfied with the pest repelling results, we will immediately refund your entire purchase.
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
Price : $18.98
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Cutter 61067 HG-61067 32Oz Rts Bug Free Spray, 1 pack, Silver Bottle
Price : $7.69 ($0.24 / Ounce)
- KILLS FAST: Kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- QUICKFLIP HOSE-END SPRAYER: Hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- LASTS ALL SUMMER: Controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- COVERAGE: Treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- NO MIXING REQUIRED: Attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
Additional Info :
Mothballs can be used to keep ants away from your home. They are effective at keeping the ants from coming into your home and eating the food inside. Mothballs are not very effective at keeping ants from moving in though. Ants will lift their scent pheromone and tell each other that there is food in the area, which attracts more ants.