Bed bugs are a growing problem in the United States. While they do not carry disease, they can cause skin irritation and rashes when they bite.
Benadryl can help to reduce the itching caused by bed bug bites. It is most effective if taken within 30 minutes of being bitten.
If you have been bitten by a bed bug, you should also wash your hands and any exposed skin as soon as possible with soap and water, as well as launder any clothing that has been exposed to the bugs.
Benadryl can help with bed bug bites, but it is not a magic pill.
Will Benadryl help bug bite swelling?
Take diphenhydramine (brand name: Benadryl) to stop the itching and swelling.
If you’ve ever been bitten by a bug, chances are that you’ve also dealt with some pretty terrible swelling and itching. While it’s not exactly fun to deal with, there are a few things you can do to get relief from the bite faster.
One way to do this is to take diphenhydramine (brand name: Benadryl). This medication will help stop the swelling and itching, making it easier for the bite to heal more quickly.
What helps bed bug bites go away faster?
If you have bed bugs, you know what it’s like to have a scratchy bite. And if you have gotten a bite from a bed bug, you probably want to get rid of it as fast as possible. The good news is that there are things you can do that will help your bites heal quickly and reduce itchiness.
First, wash the bites with soap and water. This will help prevent a skin infection and help reduce itchiness.
If the bites itch, apply a corticosteroid cream to the bites. You can get a weak form of this medicine without a prescription at your local drugstore. Stronger corticosteroids require a prescription.
Finally, if all else fails (and we mean if), try freezing the area where you got bitten for 20 minutes every day for five days straight. Just make sure not to touch that area while it’s frozen.
How long do bed bug bites stay swollen?
Bed bug bites can take up to 14 days to heal.
In general, bed bug bites can take up to 14 days to heal, but some people may experience swelling for even longer. If you have a question about your bite and how long it will take for the swelling to go down, talk with your doctor or health care provider.
How do you know if bites are from bed bugs?
Bedbugs are tiny, blood-sucking insects that feed on human blood. They’re a major annoyance to humans, but they don’t transmit any diseases.
Most bedbug bites are painless at first, but later turn into itchy welts. The bites often occur in a line or cluster, and may be found on different parts of the body.
If you think you’ve been bitten by bedbugs, there are some things you can do to confirm your suspicions.
Where do bed bugs bite the most?
Bed bugs like to bite people in the places they’re most likely to be comfortable and relaxed. That’s why they are most often found on the torso, shoulders, arms, and legs. Bed bugs tend to bite around the seams of sheets and blankets and in folds of clothing, so it’s important to look for bites on areas like these when inspecting your home.
In addition to these common sites, bed bugs can also bite through skin scales and hair, so they may be found on the scalp or beard area.
List of Does Benadryl Help Bed Bug Bites
Benadryl can help treat the itching and swelling that comes with bed bug bites. The drug is an antihistamine, which means it stops the body from producing histamines, one of the chemicals that cause inflammation in response to an allergen. While Benadryl will not clear up your bed bug bite entirely, it can make you feel a lot better while your skin heals.
Here are some other products that may help:
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool, Poison Remover – Bug Bites and Bee/Wasp Stings, Natural Insect Bite Relief, Chemical Free – White/Single
Price : $9.95
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
SALLYE ANDER No-Bite-Me Natural Bug & Insect Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price : $14.95 ($7.48 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
Chiggerex 2X Power First Aid Medicated Ointment for Chiggers, Ticks and Bug Bite Relief with Aloe Vera & Chamomile, 6 oz
Price : $15.99 ($2.66 / Ounce)
- Helps relieve itching and pain from chiggers (redbugs), ticks, mosquitos, no-see-ums, biting flies, gnats, sand fleas and other bug bites
- Formulated with 10% benzocaine, a topical anesthetic used to help relieve pain and itch associated with bug bites and stings
- Chiggerex is infused with nourishing botanicals like aloe vera, chamomile and peppermint oil, that soothe and calm itchy insect bites
- Our unique medicated ointment goes on smooth and absorbs quickly into skin without leaving any visible residue
- Keep Chiggerex in your medicine cabinet, glove compartment, camping bags and backpacks for pain relief + itch relief from bug bites, bee stings, jellyfish stings and more.
Additional Info :
Price : $7.29 ($3.64 / Ounce)
- CONTAINS: One (1) 2-oz. tube of Cortizone 10 Maximum Strength Ointment
- FAST RELIEF: Cortizone 10 Anti-Itch Ointment relieves itching fast and lasts for hours
- STOP THE ITCHSANITY: Cortizone 10 Ointment contains maximum strength hydrocortisone, the #1 itch medicine recommended by doctors
- RELIEVES ITCH: Maximum Strength Cortizone 10 helps relieve itch associated with minor skin irritations and rashes due to insect bites, psoriasis, poison ivy and more
- WATER-RESISTANT FORMULA: This anti-itch ointment locks in moisture and helps keep the affected area clean while hydrocortisone relieves the itch
Additional Info :
|Color||Cortizone Maximum Strength Ointment, 2 Ounce|
Benadryl is a medication that’s commonly used to treat allergies. It can also be used to help relieve symptoms of other conditions, such as motion sickness or insomnia. It’s a popular medication because it works quickly, has few side effects, and is easy to use. However, there are some instances where you should not take Benadryl.
Do not use Benadryl if you have an allergy to it or any other ingredient in the medicine. Do not give this medicine to anyone else unless they have been examined by a doctor first.