Renters insurance covers your personal property if it’s stolen, damaged, or destroyed. Personal property is anything you own that isn’t attached to the building. This could include your clothes, furniture, electronics and appliances, jewelry, and even your pet.
Renters insurance also covers liability if someone gets hurt at your apartment and sues you for damages. It also covers damage to your belongings from fire, smoke, tornadoes, other natural disasters, vandalism, and theft.
A bed bug infestation is a nightmare for any renter. The bugs can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your furniture, clothing, and other belongings. If you need to get rid of the bugs, it can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Renters’ insurance provides coverage for personal property and liability, but it doesn’t include bed bug damage.
Most renters insurance doesn’t cover bedbugs, mice, or other vermin. That’s because renters insurance policies are designed to cover sudden, unexpected disasters such as a fire or hurricane. Dealing with infestations of bedbugs, mice, or other vermin are considered part of home maintenance and therefore isn’t covered by most policies.
What is the main cause of bed bugs?
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on humans and other warm-blooded hosts. They are not known to spread disease but can cause itchy bites, red bumps, and skin rashes.
They can come from other infested areas or from used furniture. They can hitch a ride in luggage, purses, backpacks, or other items placed on soft or upholstered surfaces. They can travel between rooms in multi-unit buildings, such as apartment complexes and hotels.
Can bed bugs live on walls?
Bed bugs can live anywhere, but they prefer to make their homes in the beds and mattresses of homes. They are attracted to the warmth and blood that we provide, so it makes sense that this is where they would build their nests.
However, bed bugs also like to hide in other places besides just a bed. They are known to take up residence in cracks and crevices in walls or wood. They also like to hide behind baseboards, around mattress buttons, within bedding, and inside box springs.
How do you trick bed bugs out?
Treating bed bugs can be a difficult process, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier.
First, you want to make sure that your home is clean. This means vacuuming and washing all of your clothes and linens. You should also try to get rid of any clutter in areas like under beds or couches where bed bugs like to hide.
Next, you’ll need to use a steamer or hairdryer to heat areas such as mattresses and other furniture. This will cause them to come out from hiding so that you can see them and treat them with insecticide when necessary.
If you notice an infestation in your home, call an exterminator immediately. Even if it seems like only one room or area has been affected by bed bugs, they can spread quickly if left untreated.
List Of Products
Price : $5.88 ($2.94 / Count)
- Works Fast – This fast-acting traps eliminate fruit fly infestations. You should notice a dramatic decrease in fruit fly populations within a few days
- Long-Lasting Lure – The ready-to-use, non-staining lure attracts adult fruit flies. Each trap lasts up to 45 days, giving you up to 90 days of protection.
- Discreet Design – The attractive, apple-shaped trap design will look at home in any kitchen. It also blends in with the fruit these pests love
- Monitor Catches – Each fruit fly trap has a built-in window, allowing you to easily keep an eye on catches and lure levels
- Locate Breeding Areas – These traps are most effective when placed near fruit fly breeding areas, including near fruit bowls, trash cans, on kitchen counters and sinks, and other locations where fruit is stored
Additional Info :
NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX3700 – Coverage Up to 1000 Sq Ft and 15 Devices with AC750 Dual Band Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (Up to 750Mbps Speed), and Compact Wall Plug Design
Price : $39.00
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1000 sq ft, and connects up to 15 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- AC750 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 750Mbps performance using dual-band and patented FastLane(TM) technology.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the one 10/100M port for maximum speed.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- SIMPLE TO SETUP: Press the WPS button to connect to your router. Use the NETGEAR WiFi Analyzer app for optimal location.
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2: With Comfort Wand, Kills Ants, Cockroaches, Spiders, Fleas & Ticks, Odor Free, 1.1 gal.
Price : $14.49 ($0.10 / Fl Oz)
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
Price : $18.98
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquito, Gnat, Moth, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Buzz-Free Home – Catch Flying Insect Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $44.99
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper.
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish piece.
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
- Not effective on house flies.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Additional Info :