The human fly is a common pest that causes many problems for homeowners. The tiny flies can be a nuisance and even a health risk if they are allowed to reproduce in the home. They enter through small cracks around doors and windows, or even through holes in screens. Once inside, they are attracted to light and warmth. They lay eggs on food or other surfaces in the home, and they produce an unpleasant odor as they feed on organic matter.
Human flies are a common pest that many people have trouble with, especially in the summer. They are attracted to the carbon dioxide humans exhale, and they often bite and sting.
Human fly repellent is a solution to this problem. It provides a natural way to control human fly populations without harming the environment or pets or plants in your home. This product uses non-toxic ingredients like peppermint oil extract and geranium oil extract as well as citronella oil, which is extracted from lemongrass plants. These ingredients are all safe for use around children and pets, but they provide a strong enough scent that will keep human flies away from your house without having any effect on people or animals who come into contact with it.
What Is the Best Fly Repellent for Humans?
Fly repellent for humans is a product that you can use to keep away flies and other small insects. This type of repellent comes in many different forms, including sprays, creams, lotions, and even toothpaste.
The best fly repellent for humans is one that works well on your skin and keeps the flies away. You should also look for a product that is easy to apply and doesn’t require a lot of time or effort to put on your skin.
Fly repellents are designed to repel insects from landing on your skin and biting you. They contain ingredients that are unpleasant for insects to touch and will keep them away from you when they come near them.
How Do I Keep Flies Away From Me?
Flies are a nuisance that plagues many people, but there are some things you can do to keep them away.
If you’re in the yard, set up a fan so that it blows towards where you’ll be sitting. This will keep the flies from landing on you as they try to get close to your food or drink.
You can also use a fly swatter or other device to kill flies if they do land on you. Be careful not to touch any dead flies that might be left behind, as their bodies can carry diseases.
Flies are attracted by light and heat, so avoid sitting in the sun or near windows where there is direct sunlight shining through them.
What Is a Natural Fly Repellent for Skin?
A natural fly repellent for skin is a product that contains natural ingredients that work to repel insects, including flies. The most common ingredients in these products are essential oils, which are derived from plants and contain the scents of their flowers. These products can be found in various forms, including lotions, sprays, and creams.
Natural fly repellents are typically made with plant-based components such as citronella oil and lemongrass oil. These ingredients release a scent that repels insects when applied to the skin. This makes them ideal for use on children who are prone to getting bitten by insects while playing outside or around animals.
Can Humans Use Fly Spray?
Humans can use fly spray, but it is important to know that there are different kinds of fly spray, and which one is best for you depends on the type of fly you are trying to repel.
All flies have different habits, so the types of fly repellent will vary as well. For example, some people like to use mosquito repellent because they are often found in areas where there are many mosquitoes. These areas may include lakes or rivers; however, this type of repellent does not work for all flying insects.
Some people choose to use horsefly repellent because it is specifically designed to repel these insects. Horseflies tend to bite and can cause irritation on the skin; therefore, many people choose this type of repellent when they go camping or hiking in areas where there are many horseflies present.
The same goes for deer flies; however, the deer fly is much larger than a horsefly, so it requires more powerful repellents. Deer flies also attack more frequently than horseflies do; therefore, it’s important that you know what kind of fly spray you’re using before relying on it completely as protection against these pests.”
Historic Uses of Plants as Fly Repellents
It’s unquestioned that at least some plants have insect-repellent qualities. It stands to reason: Plants don’t want insects gnawing on them, any more than we do. So as they evolved, plants developed natural bug-repellent properties. Many plants release a vapor when eaten, for example. Ancient people didn’t know that, but they did know having plants around and burning their leaves would lessen the bother.
Some are more effective than others, but little data has been collected on the topic.
Mostly Harmless, Largely Untested
The fact that plant-based fly deterrents are natural allows them to fly under the regulatory radar. Because they are natural and not seen as a serious safety risk by the Environmental Protection Agency, they are not registered with or evaluated by the EPA for effectiveness. Without science to prove how they repel flies and other insects, these natural fly-repellent sprays are more a matter of personal anecdotes and folklore.
This is particularly true of botanical repellents — products labeled “natural” because they include plant-based fly spray chemicals. However, according to Consumer Reports, which conducts its own independent product tests, in repeated testing, most of these natural ways don’t work well.
“Recently, commercial repellent products containing plant-based ingredients have gained increasing popularity among consumers, as these are commonly perceived as ‘safe’ in comparison to long-established synthetic repellents although this is sometimes a misconception,” says a 2011 study “Plant-Based Insect Repellents” published in Malaria Journal. Much more standardized testing is needed, the study said, “to better evaluate repellent compounds and develop new products that offer high repellency as well as good consumer safety.
List Of Human Fly Repellent
There are many types of human fly repellent but the best one is the one that works for you and your family. The following are some of the most popular ones, which will give you an idea of what is out there
Nantucket Spider Natural Bug Repellent – 8 fl oz | Essential Oil Insect Repellent | Bug Spray for Protection Against Flies, Mosquitoes, Horse Flies, Ticks and Bugs | Perfect Bug Spray for Adults & Kids
Price : $15.99 ($2.00 / Fl Oz)
- HIGH-QUALITY BUG REPELLANT: Nantucket Spider’s DEET-free insect repellent spray is formulated with a range of organic, high-quality ingredients to provide protection against all types of biting insects. Unlike most other repellents, our long-lasting formula is water-based, which will not damage your clothing or leave your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Our natural mosquito repellent spray is made with a carefully selected blend of organic essential oils, including rosemary, geranium, cedarwood, peppermint, spearmint, lemongrass, clove and citronella. The perfect bug repellent for camping, beach outings, Little League games, or any other outdoor excursion!
- EASY APPLICATION: Nantucket Spider’s signature lockable fine-mist trigger sprayer is specially designed to prevent leaks and to maximize insect repellent spray coverage. Shake well before using and press the unlock button on the nozzle to apply.
- PLEASANT SCENT: Repel bugs not people! Independently Lab-tested for 98-100% effectiveness against mosquitos, Nantucket Spider’s essential oil mosquito spray proves that a repellent doesn’t need to smell like chemicals to work. Our customers love the light, natural scent of our repel bug spray.
- EFFECTIVE PROTECTION: We use organic essential oils for bugs that are proven to work against mosquitos, and that also repel ticks and a variety of biting insects like black flies, horse flies, deer flies, and greenhead flies. Independent lab tests demonstrate 98-100% repellent effectiveness against mosquitos. Protect your skin with DEET-free essential bug repellent during all your outdoor activities!
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Mosquito, Tick, Fly, and Insect Repellent with Natural Essential Oils – DEET-Free Plant-Based Bug Spray and Killer – Safe for Kids, Babies, and Family – Cedarwood 2-Pack of 4 oz Bottle
Price : $23.98 ($3.00 / Fl Oz)
- REPELS & PROTECTS. Powered by Wondercide’s proven-to-work spray formula that repels 98% of mosquitoes, this insect repellent spray is a safe, effective control method for repelling bugs. In addition to being a plant-based mosquito repeller, this spray will kill and repel hundreds of common pests, such as gnats, ticks, fleas, no-see-ums, spiders, and other biting flies.
- GENTLE ON KIDS, EASY-TO-USE. Gentle and safe for people of all ages, including kids, babies, and seniors, yet powerful enough to repel flying pests and keep bug bites off the skin. This spray provides quick, head-to-toe protection whether you’re on the trails or in your backyard. Just spray on and stay protected.
- DEET-FREE & VERSATILE. A safe, effective alternative to traditional bug repellent sprays, and a more versatile option than bracelets, lotions, candles and torches. Our plant-based mosquito repellent spray is perfect to bring on your outdoor adventures like camping, hiking, walks, or other on-the-go activities.
- NO NASTY INGREDIENTS. Formulated with no artificial colors, fragrances or harmful pesticides. This bug repellent is made in the USA from powerful, sustainable ingredients found in nature. Cruelty free and biodegradable.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS DEET. Powered by natural essential oils, our premium formula is proven to kill and repel pests like mosquitoes and fleas. Safe for use on adults, children, and pets when used as directed. DEET-free.
Additional Info :
Farnam Dual Defense Insect Repellent for Horse and Rider, Fly Control, 12 Hour Long Lasting Protection, 10 Ounce Non-Aerosol Spray Bottle
Price : $29.99
- PROTECTS THE WHOLE FAMILY, horse and human, from annoying mosquitoes, biting flies and ticks
- PROVIDES 12-HOUR LONG LASTING insect and bug protection for humans
- WON’T DAMAGE leather or synthetic materials
- CONTAINS A PLEASANT SCENT and formula is not greasy or sticky
- NON-AEROSOL silent continuous spray mist for complete, but quiet, coverage
- EASY TO APPLY – it even sprays upside down
Additional Info :
Happy Horse Fly Spray, Swamp Gnat Lemongrass Insect Repellent II, Plant-Based Formula
Price : $19.99 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- Plant Based Active Ingredients – Repels mosquitoes, Gnats, flies and no-see-ums with plant oils including geranoil, soybean, rosemary, geranium and Lemongrass
- For Horses & Humans – Unique blend contains plant-based active ingredients without the use of harsh chemicals or pesticides.
- Effective Insect Repellent & Horse Fly Spray – Repels a number of biting insects including flies, gnats, mosquitoes & no-see-ums.
- Long Lasting, Non-Greasy & Pleasant Scent – Plant oils give off a mild Lemongrass scent, making this spray more pleasant than many other insect repellents while providing long lasting protection
Additional Info :
Nantucket Spider Natural Insect Repellent Spray For People | Long-Lasting Protection Against Mosquitoes, Biting Flies, & No-See-Ums | Deet Free Organic Essential Oil Bug Spray | 02 fl oz – Pack of 03
Price : $20.97 ($10.48 / Fl Oz)
- Deet-Free, Natural Insect Repellent: Our Deet free, natural bug spray for adults and kids is made from a broad spectrum of organic essential oils that repel mosquitos, ticks, midges, wasps, and biting flies. (A variety of essential oils is important in an all natural bug spray because different types of insects are primarily repelled by different essential oils!) Our all natural bug repellant formula does not contain any chemical dispersants.
- Safe & Effective: Our natural mosquito spray for people has demonstrated 98-100% efficacy against mosquitoes and biting flies in independent lab tests. It has a light herbal lemongrass scent that you’ll love and bugs hate!
- Simple and Non-Greasy Application: A water-based formula that is gentle on skin, clothes, and hair. This is the best natural bug spray for people who dislike the sticky residue and stains typically left by many other organic bug spray formulas. Sold in convenient pump spray bottles with a protective cap, our DEET-free bug repellent prevents leakage when not in use.
- Travel Size: Nantucket Spider’s 2 oz natural mosquito repellent spray size is the perfect companion for camping, hiking, picnics, patios and all other outdoor adventures. Comes in a 3 pack bundle.
- Feel-Good Factors & Ingredients: Made in the USA with 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. All of Nantucket Spider’s Deet free bug spray products are made from certified organic and non-GMO essential oils. The only other ingredients are water and glycerin. Organic essential oils in Nantucket Spider’s Natural Insect Repellent for Kids and Adults include rosemary, geranium, cedarwood, peppermint, spearmint, lemongrass, clove and citronella.
Additional Info :
Human Fly Repellent is a great way to keep flies away from your home, garden, and other areas where you would like to prevent flies from entering. It is an effective way to prevent flies from landing on the area you are trying to protect. This will help prevent the spread of diseases that can be transmitted through contact with flies. An added benefit is that it also keeps animals away from your property as well. This is an environmentally friendly product that can be used in any setting and will not harm people or animals when used correctly.