No one likes mosquitos, but what if there were a way to repel them naturally? This article will show you how marigolds can keep mosquitos away.
The number of ferocious mosquitoes hovering over your kids is just getting unbearable? There are remedies and ways to keep these annoyingly buzzing insects away. You can try different solutions or methods, ranging from wearing net and layers of clothes to applying chemical substances on the living room. Though chemical substances will show some positive effects, they may also cause adverse side effects to the body as well.
Marigold is a popular flowering plant whose yellow/orange flowers are often used to make tea. While marigolds are not normally used as a repellent, we have discovered that they can be used to repel many different types of insects.
Marigold plants can be grown in your garden or even on your front porch, but they also make great additions to your yard and garden if you don’t have space for them. We’ve found that the best way to use marigolds as an insect repellent is simply by planting them near areas where you want to keep bugs away (like near the front door). Another option is to place a few marigolds around your home, this will help keep unwanted pests away from areas where they might be able to eat or damage your property or belongings.
Which Marigold Is Best for Mosquito Repellent?
Marigolds are beautiful, fragrant plants that can be grown in a variety of ways. They’re also incredibly useful in repelling mosquitoes and other bugs.
The most famous marigold is Tagetes patula or African marigold. This variety is known for its intense colors, as well as its ability to keep away pests like ants and termites. It’s also great for attracting butterflies and bees to your garden.
Another popular variety is Tagetes erecta or French tarragon. This plant has a sweet scent that many people find pleasant, but it also repels mosquitoes and other bugs with its strong aroma. If you don’t like the smell of tarragon vinegar, then this may be the variety for you.
How Do You Use Marigolds for Mosquito Repellent?
Marigolds are a popular household plant that can be used to repel mosquitoes. They are one of the best natural repellents available, and they’re easy to grow and keep alive. You can find them at nurseries or hardware stores, or you can start your own from seeds. When grown indoors, marigolds will thrive on sunshine and water alone.
To use marigolds for mosquito repellent, simply place a few potted plants around your house or yard. The more plants you have around, the better. If you don’t have any pots, try growing them in planters instead of in the ground: this will keep them contained so they don’t spread out too much.
You can also make your own homemade spray by combining 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts water in a spray bottle (or another container). If you’re feeling fancy, add some eucalyptus essential oil for extra effectiveness.
Why Do Mosquitoes Hate Marigolds?
It’s true that mosquitoes hate marigolds. In fact, many insects and bugs dislike the strong scent of marigolds, as well as their bitter taste. This makes them great for keeping pests away from your garden beds. But how do they do it?
Marigolds contain pyrethrum, which is an organic compound made up of several chemicals including camphor, pyrethrins, and cinerin. The scent emitted by these flowers is so potent it can kill small insects on contact. Mosquitoes are particularly sensitive to this scent, it irritates their eyes and respiratory system so much that they can’t stand it.
The best way to get rid of pests using marigolds is by planting them in pots around your home or yard. You can also plant them in borders around your flowerbeds or vegetable garden beds to keep unwanted visitors out of those areas as well.
The Effectiveness of Marigold Plant as an Alternative Mosquito Repellent
Mosquitoes are one of the most common and annoying animals in the world. They can spread many diseases, including malaria and Zika, which have killed over a million people. The best way to avoid them is to use repellent, but this is not always effective.
Marigold plants are an effective alternative to mosquito repellents. They have an odor that keeps mosquitoes away, so you don’t have to worry about getting bitten during your outdoor activities.
Marigold plants have been used as natural insecticides for thousands of years. In ancient Egypt, they were used to keep flies away from food and prevent them from being eaten by cats or dogs. In India, marigolds were planted around houses because they are known for their strong smell and ability to repel insects such as mosquitoes and flies from entering into homes where people live inside.”
The effectiveness of marigold as a mosquito repellent depends on the type of marigold you use. The African marigold has been shown to be very effective in keeping mosquitoes at bay. However, the French marigold is less effective at repelling these pests due to its lack of fragrance.
The chemical responsible for this plant’s ability to repel mosquitoes is called pyrethrum and it can be extracted from the dried flowers of this plant. In fact, this chemical is so effective that it was used in World War II as a chemical weapon against Japanese forces in China.
List of Marigold Mosquito Repellent
Marigold Mosquito Repellent is a natural alternative to traditional chemical-based bug repellents. It’s made with a blend of essential oils that have been shown to effectively repel mosquitoes, ticks, and other bugs that may be harmful to humans.
Marigold Mosquito Repellent contains no harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances, so it’s safe for use on children as well as adults. It’s also safe for pets.
Hillhouse Naturals Marigold Mosquito Repellent Outdoor Fragrance Candle in Hypertufa Pot, 32 Ounce
Price: $55.69 ($1.74 / Ounce)
- Made with essential oils of marigold and cedar wood
- A modern take on the traditional citronella candle
- Burn time 100+ hours
- Made in the USA
Additional Info :
Eqyss Premier Pet Spray Marigold Scent 4 oz
- Moisturizes and conditions skin and coat
- Controls pet odors
- Repels dust and dirt and reduces static electricity
- Prevents dry skin
- Nonoily or greasy and leaves no residue
Additional Info :
Skeeter Screen Patio Egg: Mosquito & Insect Deterrent & Diffuser: Includes Essential Oils, one Size
Additional Info :
Sawyer Products SP564 Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin, Lotion, 4-Ounce
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent lotion deters a wide variety of pests — up to 14 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% Picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET; repels disease-spreading ticks (Lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (West Nile, Dengue, and Zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it’s ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard BBQs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Top-rated bug repellent by Wirecutter/New York Times (May 2020); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Permethrin tick and insect repellent spray for clothing and gear
- Causes Substantial but temporary eye injury.
Additional Info :
UpNature Bug Away Essential Oil Blend – 100% Pure & Natural Insect, Mosquito & Bug Repellent Spray with Citronella Essential Oil, Rosemary & Peppermint – DEET Free, Travel Size Bug Spray, 2oz
Price: $14.99 ($7.50 / Fl Oz)
- THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED INSECT REPELLENT – UpNature’s Citronella Blend Insect Repellent Spray includes a mix of 8 naturally-derived essential oils. Repel insects with essential oil benefits like hydrating and toning skin, relieving itching, and more.
- ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Blended with citronella oil, rosemary oil, lemongrass, peppermint, Thyme, and spearmint, repel insects and smell good too. This mosquito repellent outdoor spray is 100% DEET Free bug spray. No dyes, no synthetic fragrances, and no harsh chemicals.
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE – Perfect camping essentials. Whether you’re fishing, hiking, golfing, or enjoying sunshine in your backyard, this 2 oz bug spray travel size bottle has you covered. Make the outdoors yours again with a natural bug and insect spray that’s safe for everyone.
- HOW TO USE – Shake before use. Spray on exposed skin from a distance of 8-12 inches and let it dry. Re-apply as needed. If applying on face, spray into hands first then gently apply. Store at room temperature in a cool, dry area.
- WE ARE UPNATURE – Always pure and potent, UpNature products are 100% pure and natural with no dilution or added fragrances. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. That’s why all UpNature products adhere to our strict quality standards.
Additional Info :
Marigold Mosquito Repellent is a great product for anyone who wants to keep mosquitos away and is willing to put in a little effort. It’s not going to work for everyone, but it’s worth a try if you want something natural and safe for your skin and this sounds like it might be something that works for you.