Mothballs are a great way to repel snakes. I’m going to give you a short presentation today on the topic of mothballs as snake repellent. I’m planning on giving you three reasons why mothballs work to repel snakes, plus many more examples.
So, you’ve set up camp in the great outdoors for a relaxing weekend hike. You begin to relax, stretch out your legs and arms, and let out a big sigh of relief. Then you see it: a poisonous snake slither up to your backpack. This is not the weekend you were planning on having. But fear no more! Using mothballs as snake repellent will keep them from making any unwanted visits! Mothballs are an inexpensive way to keep those nasty reptiles at bay, especially rattle snakes, hognose snakes, and garter snakes.
Hey, it worked for me. Now in case you don’t know I’m kind of a snake fanatic. It’s probably the Indiana Jones in me. So when I was looking for the best mothball snake repellent method, I found that there is not a lot out there on this subject so I thought it would be fun to put one together anyhow and share with you what I found that works.
I have a dead snake on my rug and I can’t figure out how to get rid of it. It’s been there for 36 hours now and it’s starting to stink.
Mothballs For Snake Repellent
Mothballs As Snake Repellent
Don’t let the snake scare you! Mothballs are a safe, effective way to keep snakes away from your property. The odor of mothballs is extremely unpleasant to snakes, and they will avoid areas where they can smell them. Mothballs are also effective against other pests, such as rats, mice and even termites.
Mothballs are made from a chemical called naphthalene which was first synthesized in 1820. It is a white solid with a strong odor that comes from its chemical structure. This odor is what makes it so effective as a repellent for snakes and other pests. In fact, this product has been used for over 100 years to keep pests away from homes and gardens.
Mothballs are a unique, quality product that can be used to repel snakes from your home.
Mothballs are made of quality material that contains paradichlorobenzene. Paradichlorobenzene is a chemical that is found in mothballs and acts as a repellent to snakes.
The smell of paradichlorobenzene is offensive to snakes and they will not come near an area where this odor is present.
Mothballs are used to keep moths away from clothes. Now you can use them as snake repellent!
Mothballs are made out of a compound called naphthalene, which is poisonous to insects. Snakes have scales that protect them from most chemicals, but they are vulnerable to naphthalene. The chemical in mothballs causes the snake’s skin to become irritated and dry out. This feeling drives the snake away from your house and yard.
The only time you should use mothballs as snake repellent is when you need an immediate solution for getting rid of snakes in your yard or around your home. Mothballs will not kill snakes or permanently deter them from entering your property, so it’s not a good idea to use mothballs as snake repellents on a regular basis.
list of Mothballs For Snake Repellent
- Repels Snakes Outdoors – These granules begin working immediately to repel venomous and non-venomous snakes, such as garter snakes or rattlesnakes
- Controls by Scent – The granules temporarily disrupt snakes’ olfactory sense organ, sending them in search of fresh air
- EPA-Registered – Use this product with peace of mind knowing that Snake-A-Way is the only EPA-Registered snake repellent
- Long-Lasting – One applications of Snake-A-Way lasts for up to 3 months; Reapply after heavy rain for best results
- Protects up to 1/2 Acre – Use the granules along the perimeter of outdoor areas you want to protect, such as houses, cabins, sheds, gardens, and more
Additional Info :
- Natural Snake Repellent for Yard Powerful:Titoland snake repellent extracts several natural plant extracts that snakes are afraid of, such as Sulfur, Mint, Castor, Garlic Oil, and Camphor. Use the smell they give off safely and quickly to repel snakes from your yard.
- Safe Snake Repellent for Dogs: Snake away repellent is made from plant extracts, all-natural, and without any chemical ingredients. Therefore they are perfectly safe for your pets playing outdoors.
- Moth Balls Snake Repellent: Snake repellent is in the shape of a ball, you just need to simply place it in the snake infested areas to drive away those pesky snakes, such as copperheads, rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, etc.
- Snake Repellent that Works: Snake repellents emit a smell that is specific to snakes and can effectively deter and repel them from entering your yard. To ensure the effectiveness of copperhead snake repellent, it is recommended to place one every 98 inches. Snake away repellent will protect your garden for 45-60 days.
- Snake Away Repellent for Outdoors: Snake repellent is suitable for use in a variety of snake infested areas such as: yards, gardens, barns, farmland and garages. In addition, the mothballs for snakes are waterproof and sun-proof, so you don’t have to worry that it will be ineffective after it rains.
Additional Info :
- Repel snakes and other pests from your yard and garden with Snake Stopper Snake Repellent Granules from Bonide!
- Natural ingredients keep snakes away from your yard by triggering their escape and avoidance behavior, without causing any harm! Cinnamon Oil, Cedarwood Oil, and Clove Oil create a strong smell and taste to naturally deter snakes, iguanas and lizards.
- When used as directed, this product is safe for use around people and pets. Biodegradable ingredients will not harm desirable plants in the areas you wish to protect from pests.
- Protect and prevent new unwelcome pests. This product can be used to treat affected areas or prevent new pests by creating a barrier around the perimeter of your lawn and garden.
- Snake Stopper Snake Repellent arrives conveniently ready-to-use! To use, simply use the easy shaker bottle to distribute the pellets in the areas you wish to treat. For best results, follow the full instructions on the product label.
Additional Info :
- [Keep Snakes Away Naturally] Our products are able to repel copperheads, rattlesnake, cottonmoth and so on which are most common snakes in America.With scent that the snakes hate, providing barrier for your yard and home effectively. No more “Snake” Scream.
- [Effective & LONG LASTING] The snakes will sense the intense scent when they get close to the sanke repellent, which scares them to escape from the area immediately. The effects will retain 2 months to 3 months, rain-resistant and sun-proof.
- [Protect Indoor & Outdoor] You can place the snake repellents in the your home, garage, car, truck, RV, flowerbeds, garden. You also put the repellents around the camp to sleep safe at night, when you camp with your family.
- [Safe & Easy to Use] The snake repellents are made from essential oils which the snakes hate. Safe for pets, human and plants.No need to take a heavy bucket to sprinkle powder on the ground. Just simply place the snake repellents around the area where you want to protect.
- [Natural] All ingredients are natural essential oils, no harm to snakes. Please feel free to contact us if your are not 100% satisfied or receive missed quantity, we will resend you a new one or fully refund you.
Additional Info :
- SNAKE AWAY REPELLENT – The snake repllent contains strong and powerful ingredients that is designed to repel both venomous and non-venomous snakes, such as green snakes, rattlesnakes, copperheads, bull snakes, milk snakes, and etc.
- FAST ACTING LONG LASTING- All snakes are extremely sensitive to smells,the snake repllent starts working immediately through essential oils time-release scent, prevents snakes from entering, nesting and foraging.
- MULTI-USE-Snake repellent does not harm the snakes, and is can be used around pets, people, and plants,put the balls completely around areas you wish to repel snakes, such as around houses, cabins, trailers, sheds, garages, and flowerbeds.
- SAFE FOR PETS & HUMAN -Made with the natural and powerful ingredients from essential oils, the snake repellent provides 100% natural protection.It is safe for use around people, pets, and plants when used as directed.
- EASY TO USE-The instruction is concise, just remove the products and place the snake repellent on the area where the snake’s favorite place or the snake might pass-by.
Additional Info :