Natural pesticide for killing pests in gardens have been used for decades and have been credited for helping rid of disease spread by harmful insects and worms. Moreover, natural pesticides are inexpensive and do not harm humans or the environment because they are made by mixing a variety of ingredients, usually food items that can be found at home. Pesticides are formulated to kill living organisms (i.e. insects) on contact, and most conventional pesticides are dangerous for you, your pet, wildlife, fish & plants if they get into your environment. In order to combat this problem the pesticide industry has begun to produce natural pesticide formulations that are derived from edible sources.
Natural Pesticide For Herb Garden
An herb garden is a great addition to your landscape and home.
An herb garden is a great addition to your landscape and home, as it can be used for cooking purposes and also to add beauty to the area. Fresh herbs are a great way to add flavor to your cooking, which can make eating healthier more fun. A variety of different herbs are available at local nurseries or garden centers, and they can be planted in pots or directly into the ground. You may want to start with something small such as mint or basil before moving on toward larger plants like sage or rosemary.
It gives you access to fresh herbs right outside your door.
With the use of herbs, you can create a natural and safe environment that is beneficial to your health.
Herbs are used in cooking, making tea, beauty products, medicine and home remedies. They can also be used to make essential oils. You will be able to enjoy fresh herbs right outside your door!
However, the herb garden has its fair share of problems like pests.
While you can use natural pesticides to protect your herb garden, there are some pests that might damage the plants. Some pests include:
- Thrips (tiny insects)
Pests can damage your herbs and reduce their use.
Pests can damage your herbs and reduce their use. They can cause plants to become diseased, reducing the quality of the herbs. Pests may also damage the appearance of plants, making them less attractive to buyers or for display in your herb garden. In addition, pests can reduce a plant’s ability to grow and thrive.
If you are growing an herb garden for culinary purposes or for medicinal purposes, it is important that you take steps to protect your plants from damage caused by pests.
Here are some natural pesticides that you can use on herbs to control pests.
- Tobacco Tea: This natural pesticide is made from the tobacco plant and can be used as an herbicide to control broadleaf weeds. It works by disrupting photosynthesis in plants, which eventually kills them. To make a tea using the roots of tobacco, soak 1 teaspoon of dried or 1 tablespoon of fresh root in 2 cups of water overnight. Next morning, strain out the plant material and spray directly onto any unwanted weeds as needed.
- Neem Oil: This organic insecticide contains an active ingredient called azadirachtin that kills aphids, beetles and caterpillars on contact while repelling other insects through its strong odor. To use neem oil as a natural pesticide for herbs such as basil or cilantro (these are both prone to infestation), mix 10 drops into 1-quart water then spray on your plants until completely covered with a fine mist each week while they’re still growing
Use natural insecticides when taking care of your herb garden
- Neem oil is a good natural insecticide to use in your herb garden.
- You can also use pyrethrins, bacillus thuringiensis, rotenone and insecticidal soap as natural insecticides for your herb garden.
- To apply the natural insecticides to your herbs, mix them with water in a spray bottle and spray your plants thoroughly with this concoction. Make sure you apply it on sunny days when temperatures are above 60°F (15°C).
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :
- Insect killer: kills aphids, mealybugs, mites, white flies, and more
- Fast acting: kills listed insects in minutes and is effective against adult, larvae, and nymph stages of pests
- Easy to use: ready-to-use bottle makes application easy
- Use on: for indoor or outdoor use on roses, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even houseplants
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruits and houseplants
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- Fast acting and odorless – Monterey insect Killer is a bacterial product produced by fermentation which rapidly treats plants and does not produce odors.
- Controls many insects – the insect treatment Spray controls caterpillars, leafminers, codling moth, tent caterpillars, gypsy moth, trips, borers, fire ants, and more.
- Variety of uses – this pest control can be used on outdoor ornamentals, lawns, vegetables, and also broadleaf weeds.
- Easy spray application – this CSI alternative product may be applied with a trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack, or hose-end Sprayers. Carefully read the label directions before use for optimal application.
- Organic gardening – the active ingredient in our bug Killer spray is a natural bacteria called spinosad, which is the newest agricultural chemistry to be introduced. Approved For organic gardening, our product is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :