Squirrels have been in existence for four million years. In that time, they have been able to adapt and learn how to deal with just about anything we could throw at them. For thousands of years, people have been trying to use a variety of home remedies to get rid of squirrels from their yards and homes. Some of these remedies include using perfume, mothballs, and even certain food items such as squirrel repellent. This style of repelling squirrels has worked since the beginning of time, but it comes with a few challenges. Squirrels are cute. Everyone loves squirrels, but what about when they destroy your property? They will eat anything from eggs to seeds, fruit to flowers – they won’t stop until they’ve eaten everything in sight. Protect your valuable plants with a simple homemade squirrel repellent.
Squirrels are one of the most common pests in the United States. They are found all across the country and cause problems for homeowners, especially in their yards. Squirrels can be destructive to your property and can make it difficult to enjoy time outside.
In addition to damaging your yard, squirrels can also become a safety hazard by chewing on electrical wires. This poses a fire and electrocution risk for you and your family.
These rodents can be very persistent when trying to get into your home or property. They will chew through almost anything and will keep trying until they have found an opening big enough for them to squeeze through. Once inside they will leave behind chewed-up insulation and damaged wiring which could lead to fires or electric shocks if not repaired immediately by an electrician.
Luckily there are some natural repellents that can help keep these pesky critters away from your home without causing harm or harming the environment.
What Smell Will Keep Squirrels Away?
The smell of peppermint is a great way to keep squirrels away.
It is an essential oil that has been used for many years in many different ways, whether it is as toothpaste or soap, or even as a natural insect repellent. Peppermint also has a lot of benefits when it comes to health and well-being. Some people use it for headaches and migraines, while others take it for digestive problems or heartburn.
The smell of peppermint can be very strong, so you should consider how much oil you want to use at once. You can dilute the oil with water before spraying it onto your plants or trees that are being eaten by animals such as squirrels. You can also use this spray on your garden tools so that they do not get contaminated with any animal feces while they are stored away during winter months when animals are hibernating inside their burrows underground.
Is There a Spray to Repel Squirrels?
Squirrels are cute, but they can be a nuisance if they’re in your yard or on your property. They can also cause damage to your home and property. If you have squirrels that are causing problems at your home or business, you may want to think about using a spray to repel them.
There are several different sprays on the market that are made specifically for repelling squirrels. These sprays contain strong scents that will keep squirrels away from your property. They will not only make the area smell bad for the squirrels, but they will also make it uncomfortable for them to be there because of the strong scent.
What Is the Best Homemade Squirrel Repellent?
The best homemade squirrel repellent is a mixture of hot pepper and cayenne pepper. The two peppers are known to be very effective in repelling squirrels from gardens and yards.
Squirrels love to eat fruits and nuts, but they can be pesky pests when they invade your garden. They will dig up your plants and eat the fruits and vegetables before you even have a chance to harvest them.
You can use this homemade squirrel repellent to protect your plants from squirrels by sprinkling it around the perimeter of your garden or yard.
The best thing about this repellent is that it will not harm humans or animals if ingested in large amounts. It has no toxic effects on humans and will not hurt pets if they ingest it accidentally while trying to nibble on the leaves or stems of plants protected by this garlic powder mix.
How Do I Get Rid of Squirrels Permanently
Squirrels are cute, but they can be a real nuisance. If you have squirrels in your backyard, they’re probably not going to leave on their own. But if you want to get rid of them for good, there are a number of steps that you can take to ensure that the squirrels don’t come back.
First, try to remove any food sources that might attract the squirrels. This means cleaning up any bird seed or nuts from under bird feeders and getting rid of all fruit trees or other plants that produce fruit. You should also make sure to empty any trash cans regularly so that they don’t attract rodents.
Next, you’ll want to make your yard less attractive for squirrels. This can be done by keeping your yard clean and free of debris, since squirrels like hiding places where they can stay out of sight from predators like hawks and owls. You also need to make sure there aren’t any holes in the fence around your property so that squirrels don’t get into your yard in the first place.
Finally, if all else fails, you may want to consider trying some natural repellents.
List of Natural Repellent For Squirrels
Squirrels are cute, but they can also be a pain to deal with.
Squirrels can cause a lot of damage to your home and garden, and they can even eat your plants. The good news is that there are several ways you can repel squirrels without harming them. Here are some of the best natural repellents for squirrels.
All Natural Rodent Repellent Spray- Perfect for: Racoons, Rats, Squirrels, Rabbits, Skunks, Gophers, and Many Small Animals. Indoor and Outdoor Deterrent- Garage, Yard, Trash cans Car Engine(32)
Price: $39.95 ($1.25 / Fl Oz)
- Small Animal Repellent Spray MAKE YOUR YARD, GARAGE, AND TRASH AREA FREE OF SMALL ANIMALS – RACCOONS, SQUIRRELS, MICE, RABBITS, GOPHERS, and Skunks Colton’s Naturals Home & Yard repellent spray will keep those pesky creatures out of your space naturally.
- Natural Peppermint Oil Repellent Ingredients- Kid & Pet Safe – safe to use around nursing mothers. Keep Squirrels out of the Garden naturally. Organic Raccoon Repellents – Rodent Defense Spray- Anti Squirrel. Safe to Spray in a Car engine to prevent nesting- squirrel deterrent
- Natural Deterrent CHANGES ANIMAL BEHAVIOR AROUND YOUR PROPERTY. As soon as animals find shelter or a food source they can exploit your property it becomes a target. After you spray this natural repellent animals will wonder what happened to their coveted trash area or a new home under your deck or crawl space. Spray consistently and over the next 2-5 visits and the animals invading your space will change their behavior and move on. Racoon deterrent/repellant- squirrel repellent for attic
- Mouse Repellent- LASTS 2-4 WEEKS – Spray on heavy for your first application to soak all areas. Make sure to spray under decks, openings around your home, and very heavy on your trash cans (Also spray a 2’ foot circle perimeter around your trash cans or tiny cracks around your home) After the animal is gone use every 2-4 weeks depending on rain conditions to naturally repel them for good. If you are currently in an infestation spray heavily and often- Get the larger bottle
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY-BACK POLICY. If you believe the product does not work we can accept a return no questions asked. We are confident if you spray regularly you will not have small animal issues anymore or prevent the issue from ever starting in the first place. Children & Pet safe MADE IN USA.
36 Pack Natural Mouse Repellent Peppermint Oil to Repel Mice and Rats, Rodent Rat Repellent for Car Engines Home Indoor & Outdoor, Mice Squirrel Deterrent Pet & Humans Safe
Price: $32.99 ($0.92 / Count)
- Effective Rodent Repellent — The mouse repellent will effectively protect your home from rodents by giving off the scent of harmless plant oils that mice hate.
- Friendly for Family, Pets, and Mice — The active ingredients of rodent repellent are peppermint, lemongrass oil, Geraniol, and Cedarwood oil. All plant ingredients are harmless to humans, pets, plants, and rodents, Please use them with confidence and boldness.
- Long Time to Protect — Peppermint mice repellent balls are packaged separately, are long-lasting, and can last up to 12 weeks. Please note that if there is no need to use it, do not tear off the sealed plastic bag in advance. You don’t need to replace rat repellent at any time.
- Easy to Use — Simply take the natural rat repellent out of the package box and tear off the sealed plastic packaging. Then place or hang the rodent repellent in a confined space where mice like to stay, such as kitchens, garages, cars engine, barns, etc. The unpleasant odor will keep them away.
- Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use — They can be widely used in kitchens, closets, storage rooms, pantries, car engines, bedrooms, basements, warehouses, barns, decks, boats, cars, garages, vegetable gardens, patios, and any enclosed areas.
MAGIC CAT 10 Pack Squirrel Repellent, Natural Peppermint Oil Squirrel Deterrent Pet Safe, Waterproof Chipmunk Rodent Repellent for Bird Feeder Garden Attic Garage Outdoor & Indoor Squirrel Control
- 🌳 NATURAL SQUIRREL REPELLENT: This squirrel away repellent is mainly made of pure natural plant formula like Peppermint oil, Garlic oil, White Pepper, Lemon, Castor oil, and Cinnamon oil. It is non-toxic and its vaporized odor of it is safe for pets, humans, and plants. It can release a strong smell that makes squirrels feel uncomfortable and escape from the protected environment. It also has a certain repellent effect on other common rodents such as rats, mice, martens, and so on.
- 🌳 LASTING & EFFECTIVE: Unlike rats and mice, squirrels are very smart and agile. Agree or disagree, they will pose a threat to our lives by damaging your bird feeder, nesting in your attic, and chewing the wiring of your car and house. MAGIC CAT concentrated squirrel repellent is an effective way to keep these toothy troublemakers away from your property by achieving a long-term and cost-effective solution. The effective protection period for this product’s natural evaporation can be up to 30 days.
- 🌳 HUMANE SQUIRREL CONTROL: This squirrel-repellent ball is a humane way to repel most of the common squirrels such as grey squirrels, fox squirrels, red squirrels, ground squirrels, flying squirrels by releasing a nasty odor that squirrels don’t like so as to make them flee away from the protected environment instead of killing them. It not only minimizes the direct contact between human and squirrels but also maintain the balance between human and nature.
- 🌳 EASY TO USE: There are 10 vacuum-packed squirrel be-gone balls in every package with 5 net bags. Wear gloves to take out the ball and put it into the net bag for a more durable using effect. Then place the bag in any enclosed areas where you have seen squirrel activities such as corners, attic, trees, duct openings, and so on. You can place it on the ground at an interval of 40-80 inches or hang it on the tree or bird feeder. For better effect, you can place the balls more densely.
- 🌳 WIDE APPLICATION RANGE: Squirrels have a strong ability to reproduce and they often shelter in hidden and shady spaces. Once sheltered, they will mess up and even damage your property. MAGIC CAT squirrel repellent ball is a humane & eco-friendly way to prevent rodents from entering, nesting, or foraging in your home, car engine compartment, garage, RV closets, utility room, kitchen, locker, cabinet, corridor, window, attic, shed, basement, balcony, warehouse, barn, etc.
Mice/Mouse, Rat, Squirrel & Rodent Wire, Engine & Vehicle Protection Spray Prevents Chewing & Nesting for Cars, Trucks, RVs, and ATVs. Great for Winter Protection. Ready to Use (128 Oz Gallon)
Price: $29.95 ($0.23 / Fl Oz)
- ✅ GREAT FOR WINTER PROTECTION TO STOP & PREVENT- Mice, Squirrels, and Rats That Destroy Your Vehicle or Engine Compartment By Eating, Chewing, And Damaging Electrical Wiring, Hoses, And Brake Lines.
- ✅ IMMEDIATELY ELIMINATES ANIMAL & RODENT INFESTATIONS – Rodents Are Attracted To Engine Compartments And Inside Of Vehicles Because They Provide Warmth And Protection. Especially In The Winter. They Make Nests In Your Engine Compartments, Insulation, And Headliners. Furthermore, They Leave Droppings Everywhere They Go. Stop Animals From Making Your Vehicle Their Home.
- ✅ USE EVERYWHERE – Around The Perimeter Of The Car, Inside Wheel Wells, Engine Compartments And Under The Hood, Wiring Harnesses, Headliners, Wheels, Along The Floor Where The Garage Door Comes Down, Around The Edges Of Your Garage, And Even Under Barbeque Grill Covers. Use On Cars, Trucks, Motor Homes, RVs, Boats, Lawn Mowers, Tractors, Farm Equipment, ATVs, UTV’s And Gas Grills.
- ✅ NEW & IMPROVED CLOG-FREE FORMULATION GUARANTEED NOT TO CLOG SPRAYERS – Our Repellent DOES NOT Contain Solid Ingredients That Clog Sprayers And Cause Them To Not Work After A Short Period Of Time.
- ✅ 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE – If You’re Unhappy With Our Product, For Any Reason, Call Or Email And Your Purchase Will Be Reimbursed Without Question. Simple & Easy
ELEGENZO Mouse Repellent Pouches, 35% Peppermint Oil Pest and Rodent Repellent, Mice Repellent with Peppermint Oil to Repel Mice and Rats, Squirrels, Roaches, Ants, Spiders, Moths, 10 Odorant Pouches
Price: $24.90 ($3.89 / Ounce)
- 【VERSATILE RODENT REPELLENT】35% Peppermint Oil, Balsam Fir Oil, Cinnamon Oil & Cypress Oil， are powerful essential oils, which emit an odor that is very unpleasant to rodents. Strong mouse deterrent forces the mouse out and prevents mice and rats from breeding in your home and car as well as chewing on wires
- 【LONG LASTING PROTECTION】This mouse repellent has potent and active components, and freshens and protects your storage areas for up to 90 days away from Rodents and Pests. If you apply for the ventilated area, it is recommended to replace it within 30 days
- 【NOT ONLY MOUSE】Our rodent repellent is a proven quick and easy way to get rid of mice, rats, squirrels, raccoons, and other pests. Simply place the mouse-repellent pouches in areas where you have seen signs of rodents or pests and enjoy protection.
- 【NATURAL INGREDIENTS】Our mice repellent made with natural and safe ingredients, non-toxic. No more dealing with messy, dangerous-chemicals
- 【MONEY BACK GUARANTEE】If you try our rodent and pest control pouches and aren’t completely happy with their effectiveness, we’ll gladly return your full purchase
Squirrels are a nuisance, but they can be managed. The most effective natural repellents for squirrels are believed to be those that mimic their natural predators. For example, scarecrows and hawk kites have been used successfully to keep squirrels out of gardens.
If you want to try something more organic, try placing mothballs in your garden or sprinkling mothball powder around your plants. You can also use lavender oil or peppermint oil. Just make sure that you don’t apply these treatments too close to the ground or they will harm your plants.