Bed bugs are one of the most difficult problems to deal with in the home. The small, flat blood-sucking insects can be found all over the world, and they’re notorious for their ability to hide in tiny crevices and cracks.
Bed Bugs are very hardy pests that can live for long periods without feeding on a human host. They’re also very good at hiding, which makes it difficult for homeowners to detect an infestation until it’s too late.
A bed bug couch encasement is an important part of a complete bed bug elimination plan. Bed bugs can hide in almost any crevice, and if you don’t protect your couch from them, they will get inside it. This can lead to all sorts of problems if you want to sell or give away your couch after treating it for bed bugs, as the buyer won’t know that it was once infested with these pests.
Fleece covers are designed to trap bed bugs inside for 12 to 18 months and are durable enough to last through use over time. However, they are not 100% foolproof by any means. If you have a very heavy sleeper who sits on their couch with their legs hanging off the edge (or even just lounges there while watching TV), then they may cause damage that allows some bed bugs to escape over time. For example: let’s say someone has been sitting on their couch for six months straight. If they weigh 200 lbs., then each time they sit down on it (at least once per day), there’s going 12 pounds of pressure pushing downward onto all four corners simultaneously at once (and possibly more). And since most people don’t weigh 200 lb., this could mean even more force than that being applied here depending on how much weight each person puts on their furniture when sitting down on it regularly throughout each day/weekend/etc…
How To Get Rid of Bed Bug On Couches and Furniture
The best way to stop bed bugs from infesting your couch is to cover it with a zippered encasement. Bed bug couch encasements are made of vinyl and come in two pieces that zip together. They are machine washable, durable, long-lasting, and can be used on any type of upholstered furniture.
Bed bug-proof couch encasements usually come in two pieces (one for the seat and one for the back).
When you’re looking for a bed bug-proof couch encasement, there are a few things you should look for:
- A zippered enclosure that fully covers the couch. This will keep bed bugs from hiding under or between cushions or in crevices. It also helps to prevent any potential tears or holes from creating an opening through which they can enter and infest your home.
- Machine washable fabric. Bed bugs don’t just live on beds, so if you ever have guests who bring their own furniture, chances are that it could get infected too. You’ll want to be able to wash off any possible stains or spills easily.
- Length of at least 48 inches long by 24 inches wide (about 4 feet by 2 feet). Any smaller than this and you risk leaving gaps where bed bugs can sneak through undetected.
Will a Couch Cover Help With Bed Bugs?
While couch covers are designed to trap bed bugs inside for 12 to 18 months, it’s still a good idea to thoroughly inspect your couch and have it treated for bed bugs beforehand. Couch covers are durable, but they are not foolproof.
Bedbugs can live in couches and other furniture and hide from the homeowner. They will feed on you through the fabric of a couch if you sit directly on top of them or even just very near them. Bedbugs can also feed on you as you sleep in bed because they crawl out from under the bed when it is dark at night. If there is an opening between where the mattress meets up against the wall or baseboard, then this provides access for these critters as well (because they like dark places).
Using a couch or furniture encasement as part of your plan will help prevent future infestations.
When you want to protect your couch and other furniture from becoming infested by bed bugs, you can use a couch encasement. These are fabric bags that are designed to fit over the cushions and back of the couch. They will keep bed bugs out of your home even if they were able to get in through another opening, such as a tiny crack in the wall or floor molding (or even under the door). Using an encasement as part of your overall plan will help prevent future infestations while also protecting other pieces of furniture, like chairs or tables that may not be used every day but still have a chance of being invaded by these pests.
Bed bug sprays can also be used with couch enclosures because they’re easy to install, simply slide them on over the couch cushions before spraying and vacuuming up any remaining pests. The material is porous enough for airflow so it won’t trap heat but thick enough not to let any critters in while still letting fresh air come into contact with those surfaces below where they normally wouldn’t reach otherwise…
If there’s one thing we’ve learned over our years working as exterminators (and there’s only been one), it’s that nothing beats prevention when it comes time for pest control measures around homes.”
Use a zippered couch or furniture encasement to protect your home from bed bugs.
This is one of the most effective ways to prevent bed bugs from infesting your home. Zippered couch and furniture encasements are durable, machine-washable, and come with a zipper that allows you to remove them quickly for cleaning or inspection purposes. On top of this, encasements tend to be inexpensive (compared to other options), making them ideal for households on a budget.
However, even though a zippered mattress cover will protect your couch from future infestations, it’s not foolproof: if you suspect that there are bed bugs hiding in any portion of your couch or furniture, even in the corners, lift each section carefully and inspect every corner with a flashlight for signs of these small critters before putting it back down again.
List Of Bed Bug Proof Encasement
The bedbug-proof encasement is a new product that has been developed to help prevent bed bugs from infesting your home. It is made of a special material that is able to repel bed bugs and keep them away from your mattress. It also helps to ensure that no one in your family gets bitten by the bugs and ends up getting sick from having the parasites in their system.
The encasement comes with a zipper so you can easily open it up and take out the mattress for cleaning purposes if needed. The zipper also makes it easy for you to store away your bedding until it needs to be used again later on down the road when there are no more pests present anymore within this space (which hopefully never happens again). There will be no more worries about having an infestation problem ever again because these products do work well in helping prevent them from coming back into existence.
- Locks bed bugs in and out
- Easy to use
Additional Info :
|Color||Beige / Tan|
- 96″ W x 42″ L X 40″ H – Fits Most Sofas – Micron One Fabric
- Entombs Existing Allergens & Bed Bugs & Prevents New Infestations
- Breathable – Water Resistant – Blocks Bed Bugs & Allergens
- Blocks the Microtoxins that Build up Naturally Over Time in All Furniture
- Ideal for Protecting Furniture from Infestation in Storage
Additional Info :
Queen (13-16 in. Deep) SureGuard Mattress Encasement – 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic – Premium Zippered Six-Sided Cover
- 100% Waterproof – Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids, and stains; 10-year quality guarantee (NOTE: For frequent accidents and easy clean-ups, place a fitted SureGuard Mattress Protector over the encasement).
- Bed Bug Proof – Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh – Blocks dust, dirt and dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless – 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture; Retains the feel of your mattress – Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Queen (60 in x 80 in) – Fits 13 to 16 inches deep; Zippered Mattress Encasement – Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
Additional Info :
SafeRest Zippered Mattress Protector – Premium 9-12 Inch Waterproof Mattress Cover for Bed – Breathable & Noiseless Washable Mattress Encasement – Queen
Price : $37.71
- WATERPROOF – Big spill? No big deal. The soft terry cotton material on this waterproof mattress protector wicks up even the biggest accidents or stains without any leakage.
- ZIPPER GUARD – No holes here, folks. Our queen mattress protector comes with a well-designed zipper to make sure your bed is covered from every angle for protection from unwanted creepy crawlies.
- BREATHABLE – Our cooling mattress protector is super soft, super secure, and super soothing. No more sweaty summer nights – this cover will keep you cool.
- LARGE FIT – These mattress protectors fit snugly on mattresses that are up to 12″ thick, to give you full bedding protection.
- MACHINE WASHABLE – You deserve bed covers that are as easy to clean as they are to sleep on – and we’ve got the answer. Toss this cover in the washer and tumble dry for a stress-free clean.
Additional Info :
Utopia Bedding Zippered Mattress Encasement Queen, 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector, Absorbent, Six-Sided Mattress Cover
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT – Fits Queen size mattress perfectly with dimensions 60 inches by 80 inches; 15 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC – Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER – Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION – Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High-quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE – Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Additional Info :
The Bed Bug Proof Couch Encasement is the best way to protect your couch from bed bugs.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on human blood. They hide in crevices and seams and can be difficult to kill. When you have a bed bug infestation, it is important to take steps quickly to prevent them from spreading to other areas of your home. The last thing you want is for the infestation to spread from your bedroom all the way into your living room. This is why it is so important that you ensure that your couch is protected from bed bugs at all times.
The Bed Bug Proof Couch Encasement will help keep your couch safe from bed bugs by encasing it in a protective barrier that blocks their entry points into the couch and prevents them from hiding inside the cushioning material itself. This makes it impossible for them to get inside and start feeding on human blood.