Bed bug-proof garment bags are used to protect clothes from bed bugs. They are made from a material that bed bugs cannot penetrate and can be used to transport your clothes to the laundromat or in your closet, as well as when traveling so you don’t have to worry about bringing back any unwanted pests with you.
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on human blood. They were once spread throughout North America but now exist mainly in large cities such as New York City and San Francisco where they thrive indoors because of our climate control systems. Bed bugs can be identified by their flat bodies, six legs, and reddish-brown coloration; however, these features aren’t always visible because they tend not to move around much during the day unless hungry or distressed (which tends to happen mostly at night).
Why Do I Need One?
If you are worried about bed bugs and want to be extra careful about keeping your clothes protected, a garment bag is a way to go. To use one, simply put your items in the bag, zip it up, and store it wherever you like (in a closet or under your bed). If you’re taking it out of storage, just unzip it and hang it on a hanger.
Garment bags also come with different features depending on where they are made. Some have mesh panels on the sides so that you can see what’s inside without opening up everything at once; some have drawstring closures; others have Velcro flaps instead of zippers. You might find one that has both zips as well as Velcro for increased durability if these things tend to be more durable than other types of closures used on garment bags like this one here which uses only zippers across its length rather than having them along every seam line like most traditional versions do including ours here but there are pros/cons with each type so check around before deciding which kind will work best for us personally, you might need something more heavy duty after all.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips to keep in mind when using these garment bags:
- Use the bag to store your clothes, but don’t put it on a shelf. The best place for the bag is in your closet or in a drawer where it will be out of sight. You should also make sure that all of your clothes are kept away from bed bugs by sealing any items that you aren’t wearing with plastic bags or other containers (like drawstring bags) and storing them separately from garments in the garment bag.
- Make sure to use a garment bag with a zipper, so as not to attract any unwanted insects. You can also use these bags outdoors if needed; just make sure there aren’t any holes before storing them outside overnight. If you’re going camping, try using mesh instead of plastic so nothing gets into them (or around the seams).
Bed bug-proof garment bags are a great way to avoid bedbugs in your clothes.
Bed bug-proof garment bags are a great way to avoid bedbugs in your clothes. Bed bugs have been known to hitchhike on clothing, so it’s important to use the right bag when transporting items that may have been exposed to bed bugs. Garment bags that are designed specifically for protecting against bed bugs will seal out even the tiniest of insects and prevent an infestation from occurring in your home.
How Do I Store My Clothes If I Have Bed Bugs?
Storing Laundry Infested With Bedbugs After washing laundry infested with bedbugs, store the clothing. Use plastic containers or plastic bags for storage, as bedbugs can live inside cardboard boxes. Keep the clothing stored until you’re sure that the infestation has been eliminated.
If you don’t want to use plastic, you can also use a new box with a lid or a sealed box that’s been wrapped in aluminum foil and put in an airtight container (like a plastic bag). Even if you have already washed your clothes, they may still be infested with bedbugs. To be sure that your clothes are completely clean, take them out of their storage containers and put them through another wash cycle on high heat. This will kill any remaining bugs or eggs that were missed during the first wash cycle.
Can Bed Bugs Live In a Bag Of Clothes?
Bed bugs are not known to live in clothing, but it’s possible. Bed bugs prefer to live in a stationary environment, and since you move around a lot, it’s unlikely that they would choose your clothes as their home. However, if you have an unopened suitcase or backpack that’s been sitting around for months, bed bugs could have found their way inside.
If you’re wondering if your clothes have bed bugs, look for the telltale signs of infestation: small dots on your sheets or pillowcase (they look like tiny red dots), black smears on your mattress (from crushed bugs), or tiny dark brown stains on your clothes (from dried blood).
List Of Garment Bags
Garment suit bags are the perfect places for bed bugs to infest your clothes, whether hanging in a hotel or in storage. You can even use them at home to safely store your items.
Bed bugs love to nest near clothing, which makes it easy for them to get inside suit bags. Your suit bag is not only a great place for these pests to hide, but it also brings them closer to their favorite meal: blood.
If you are traveling, storing your clothes in a garment bag will help keep them safe from any unwanted pests that may be lurking around your hotel room. This way, you can feel confident about what you bring out at night or when packing up to leave.
40″ Garment Bags, Clear Moth Proof Suits Covers with 4″ Gussetes, for Hanging Clothes Closet Storage Travel, Plastic Protector for Coat, Jacket, Sweater, Shirts, 3 Packs
Price: $17.99 ($6.00 / Count)
- [Newest 4″ gussetes]: each garment bag has 4″ gussets, which increases the storage capacity of one suit bag and allows it to store of more clothes.
- [Large capacity]: dimension: 40″x 24″x 4″, Suit cover has enough space to keep 8-pack shirts, 6-pack sweaters, or 3-pack winter jackets in, the length is perfect for store jackets and winter coats.
- [Durable fabric]: use clear environmentally friendly plastic, Clear design easily see what is in each garment bag; and use breathable fabric material, lightweight but durable, soft and silky, and keep clothing such as fur coats and leather jackets protected and preserved.
- [Smooth zipper and small hole]: the zipper of the hanging garment bag is strong and smooth and the hole is left at the top.
- [A tidy closet]: this garment storage can keep your closet tidy and organized, just put your garment into the bag, and your closet will be immediately well organized and avoid folds. And also great for protecting items from getting ruined when traveling.
Additional Info :
AOODA 40″ Hanging Garment Bags for Closet Storage Suit Bag 4″ Gusseted Clear Clothes Cover for Coat, Jacket, Sweater (3 Packs)
Price: $18.99 ($6.33 / Count)
- 4″ Gusset: Each suit cover can store 6pcs of jackets or sweater with a 4″ gusset, which are wider than standard bags, suitable for storage and travel, every pack is roomy enough to hold 6-8 pcs shirts or 2pcs winter coat of normal thickness;
- Large Capacity: Set of 3 packs garment covers, large capacity size:24″ x 40″ x 4″, suit bags for closet storage are perfect for storing about 24pcs medium size clothes storage needs in total;
- Visible&Lightweight Fabric: Clear plastic know what is inside instantly, you can find the clothes conveniently and quickly, without opening hanging clothes storage, made of breathable fabric material, lightweight but durable, soft and silky, keep clothing such as fur coats and leather jackets protected and preserved;
- Smooth Zipper: There is a small hole at the top of the suit for the closet keeping all your off-seasonal clothes fresh and wrinkle-free, with sturdy 5# zipper makes clothes easy to take out and hang in.
- Versatility: Ideal length for suits, shirts, dresses, sweaters, jackets, uniforms, trousers, tops, sport coats, costumes, winter coats, etc, coat storage bag saves space, clothes cover keeps your closet tidy and organized by color. When you don’t need to use them, just fold the bags into small sizes and store them.
Additional Info :
- Extra Long size: Great for Suits, Tuxedos, Long Dresses, gowns, and Winter Long Coats, and even can put your shoes in it.
- Extra Wide size: Enable you to put multiple items in one bag.
- Traveling friendly: 2 handles and one eyelet, easy for transport and folding the bag.
- Durable Material: Rip Resistant, Dust free, Reusable, and Breathable with a High-Quality Zipper.
- Clear Window and ID pocket: Easy to Identify inside items. Size: 26″ W x 60″ L x 5″ D
Additional Info :
Houseables Plastic Storage Bags, Zipper Case, Clear, 18″ x 15″, 5 Pack, Vinyl, Moth Proof, for Blanket, Linen, Sweater, Bed Sheet, Quilt, Clothes, Pillow, Comforter, Foldable
Price: $21.89 ($3.65 / Count)
- STORE YOUR LINENS AND BEDDING: A pack of five vinyl storage bags for storing and protecting your favorite linens and bedding.
- CONSTRUCTION BUILT TO LAST: These storage bags feature a quality construction built to last. Each features a 0.25mm thick vinyl composition and a three-sided white nylon zip closure to the upper section.
- YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE OPAQUE IS GONE: No more guessing what you have stored in which bag. The transparent vinyl construction of these bags allows you to conveniently see what is inside without having to open it or sift through your items.
- NOT JUST FOR BLANKETS: Our storage bags are versatile. Use them to protect and store your winter clothes in the summer, your summer clothes in the winter, your vinyl records, your fabrics, and more.
- YOU BUY FIVE, THE SIXTH IS ON US: Our set of vinyl storage bags includes a pack of five full-sized bags, but that’s not all. We have included one bonus vinyl storage bag for your convenience.
Additional Info :
Household Essentials 3321-1 Cedarline Natural Cotton Canvas Zippered Sweater Bag | Storage Bag for Closets and Under the Bed | 2-Pack
Price: $27.99 ($14.00 / Count)
- TWO PACK of zippered storage containers for sweaters and seasonal clothing
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE for under the bed, in closets, and on shelves
- HEAVY DUTY MATERIAL protects against dust, pests, and tearing
- ATTACHED INNER LOOPS secure cedar panels inside the bag (set includes bags only; cedar fresh inserts sold separately)
- 3″H x 14.5″W x 12.25″D
Additional Info :
Bed bug-proof garment bags are one way to ensure that your clothes stay safe from these pesky bugs. Bed bugs can live in just about any fabric, including natural fibers like cotton and wool. They typically don’t like synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon, but that still leaves plenty of room for them to hide in your wardrobe, and possibly even bite you.
If you use a garment bag that is designed to be bed bug-proof, it will seal all of your clothing inside of it so that no bugs can get in or out. This will keep your clothes safe from being infested with these nasty little critters, as well as keep them clean and dust-free during storage or travel.