Bedbugs are a growing problem in many places around the world. They’re not just a problem for people who travel and stay in hotels, but for people who live in homes, and even apartments. The good news is that you can take steps to protect yourself from bedbugs by purchasing an encasement like those listed below. Bedbug infestations can be hard to get rid of and require professional help if you don’t know what you’re doing, so it’s best to start taking precautions against them as soon as possible.
Encasements are a great way to protect your mattress and box spring from bed bugs if you don’t want to invest in an expensive new one. They’re easy to use, and they can be washed when they get dirty (or when you’re done using them).
But unfortunately, there’s no scientific evidence that encasements are effective at killing bed bugs. Some experts believe they simply trap the bugs inside while keeping them alive, and even breeding. Encasement longevity varies depending on the type of product used: some will last as little as five years; others have been known to last more than 20 years. In addition, many encasements are treated with chemicals that may pose health risks over time.
Do encasements work for bed bugs?
Encasements can contain bed bugs inside, where they will eventually starve to death, but bed bugs outside the encasement will continue to thrive. Control efforts must be made in conjunction with the encasement to end an infestation.
If you choose to use an encasement, you should know that it’s unlikely that your bed bug problem will be solved by using just one product alone, such as an insecticide or mattress cover unless it’s part of a broader strategy involving regular vacuuming and cleaning along with regular monitoring for signs of infestation.
What is the most effective bed bug treatment?
Heat is the most effective treatment method for bed bugs. Heat treatments are the safest way to eliminate bed bugs, and they can be done by a trained professional, who will know exactly how to treat all areas around the home or business.
Heat treatment should only be done once because repeated heating can damage many things in your home, including flooring material and furniture materials like leather.
How long can bed bugs live in encasements?
Bed bugs can live for several months without a blood supply, but they’re designed to feed on humans every three or four days. So if you seal them in an encasement, they’ll eventually starve and die.
However, how long bed bugs can survive depends on the type of encasement you use. For example, some people have reported that their mattress protector traps have kept out bed bugs for over a year; others claim that their encasements only lasted a few weeks before the pests returned. This variation is probably due to different conditions within your home particularly temperature fluctuations, or perhaps even unknown variables such as infestation level and species type (bedbugs are notoriously difficult to identify).
Consumer Reports Best Bed Bug Encasements
The Consumer Reports Best Bed Bug Encasements are the most effective encasements you can buy.
In our tests, these encasements proved to be 100 percent bedbug-proof, which is a first for us. They’re also easy to put on and take off your mattress, a must for people who change their sheets often or have trouble lifting heavy objects. Plus, they come in a variety of sizes so you can protect any type of bedding from pests.
Because these covers are basically impermeable (they’re made from a special fabric), you won’t have to worry about any bugs escaping through tiny holes or seams like you do with some other brands’ products. Plus, they’re machine washable so cleanliness won’t be an issue either.
List of Bedbug Encasement Products
Bed bug encasements are a great way to protect your mattress from bed bugs and other pests. They are easy to use, and they help keep your mattress clean and fresh so that it lasts longer. They also help you sleep better at night because they keep the bed bugs away from your body while you are sleeping.
Price : $37.99
- Protects Against Urine, Fluids, Perspiration
- Cotton Terry Surface With Membrane Back Coating (Waterproof, Noiseless and Breathable)
- Great For Those With Kids, Pets Or Incontinence (OEKO-TEX Certified SH025 151792)
- Will Not Change The Feel of Your Mattress (Registered with the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device)
- Fitted Sheet Style Design – Queen Size Mattress Protector 60″ x 80″ – Fits up to 18″ deep
Additional Info :
Utopia Bedding Zippered Mattress Encasement Queen, 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector, Absorbent, Six-Sided Mattress Cover
Price : $21.99
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT – Fits Queen size mattress perfectly with dimensions 60 inches by 80 inches; 15 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC – Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER – Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION – Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE – Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Additional Info :
SafeRest Zippered Mattress Protector – Premium 9-12 Inch Waterproof Mattress Cover for Bed – Breathable & Noiseless Washable Mattress Encasement – Queen
Price : $37.71
- WATERPROOF – Big spill? No big deal. The soft terry cotton material on this waterproof mattress protector wicks up even the biggest accidents or stains without any leakage.
- ZIPPER GUARD – No holes here, folks. Our queen mattress protector comes with a well-designed zipper to make sure your bed is covered from every angle for protection from unwanted creepy crawlies.
- BREATHABLE – Our cooling mattress protector is super soft, super secure, and super soothing. No more sweaty summer nights – this cover will keep you cool.
- LARGE FIT – These mattress protectors fit snugly on mattresses that are up to 12″ thick, to give you full bedding protection.
- MACHINE WASHABLE – You deserve bed covers that are as easy to clean as they are to sleep on – and we’ve got the answer. Toss this cover in the washer and tumble dry for a stress-free clean.
Additional Info :
Guardmax Queen Mattress Protector Cover Zippered | 100% Waterproof Bed Bug Encasement | Soft, Hypoallergenic and Breathable | Queen Size (60″x80″)
Price : $29.97
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION – Sleep tight, and never have any worries. With our super zipper closure fully encasing your mattress, everything will stay out completely.
- WATER RESISTANT – Our mattress protector provides water-resistant protection on all six sides of the mattress. Seals out moisture, sweat, and anything wet. Our breathable fabric won’t leave you feeling hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable. It’s easy to take on and off for washing.
- HEALTHY – It will keep your mattress clean by blocking out all the things that you don’t want on it.100% safe for kids, and is a must have for kids who have nighttime accidents. Protect your mattress and your loved one’s health all at the same time.
- 100% SOFT AND QUIET – Our mattress protectors won’t make you feel like you’re sleeping on a bag of potato chips. Our ultra-plush, soft fabric is not only soft to the touch but quiet to the ears, too. We know you’ll love it.
- MACHINE WASH AND DRY – They wash very well and can hold up to many washes. They are durable and won’t tear or crack. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. If you ever encounter a problem, please reach out to us by e-mail. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
Bed bug encasements are a great way to protect your bed from these pests. These encasements will prevent the bugs from getting into your mattress and biting you while you sleep. They can be used on any type of bed including box springs and waterbeds. The encasement is made of a heavy-duty fabric that is breathable and allows for easy removal for cleaning. The encasement also has a zipper on each side so that it can be opened up to make it easier to put on the bed frame and close again after putting the mattress inside. The encasement is available in different sizes so you can choose one that best fits your needs, which means that no matter how big or small your bed is, there will be an encasement out there just waiting for you to use it.