Bed bugs are small, oval-shaped insects that feed on human blood. They can be found anywhere in the world, but they are most common in homes and hotels. The bites typically occur around the neck and shoulders, but can range anywhere on the body. In some cases, there may be multiple bites on the same person.
The bites are usually painless but can cause itching or swelling. If you experience any of these symptoms after being bitten by bed bugs, consult your doctor as soon as possible to determine if you have a more serious condition that requires treatment.
Do bed bug bites leave dark spots? Yes, they do. When you get bitten by bed bugs, the bites can leave a dark spot on your skin. This is caused by the toxins that are released when you are attacked by these pests. After being bitten, you may notice a red ring around the bite. This will usually fade in a few days, but it can take up to two weeks for the area to return to normal coloration.
The spots that show up after being bitten by bed bugs are not permanent and will go away with time. However, if you notice any of these symptoms then it is important for you to visit a doctor as soon as possible so that they can properly diagnose what is wrong with you and prescribe treatment accordingly.
How Long for Bed Bug Bites to Appear?
It depends on the type of bedbug you have, but for most people, the bites can appear as soon as 1 to 3 days after being bitten. The most common time period for bedbug bites to appear is 5 to 7 days. If you see small red bumps on your skin and are worried about bed bugs, talk to an exterminator or dermatologist immediately.
The length of time that bed bugs will give you a bite depends on several factors. The first is the age of the person who has been bitten. Bedbug bites are usually more intense on children and less intense on adults, particularly if they are children who are still growing. The second factor is how long the bed bug has been feeding on its victim. It’s known that bed bugs can live for up to a year without feeding, but they may only feed for a few days or a few weeks at most before giving up on you and moving on.
The third factor is temperature. Colder temperatures slow down the development of a bed bug bite, while warmer temperatures speed it up. In extreme cases where the temperature fluctuates rapidly, it’s possible for a person to have an unusually large number of bites in a short period of time.
Homemade Treatment for Dark Spots From Bed Bug Bites
Dark spots from bed bug bites can be difficult to treat. The best way to get rid of them is with a homemade treatment. Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup of tea tree oil
- 1/2 cup of lavender oil (or another essential oil)
- a few drops of peppermint essential oil
- a few drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, then apply it to the affected area. Cover with a bandage or gauze and let sit for about 30 minutes before washing off with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly to get rid of any residue left behind by the essential oils.
How Long Do Bed Bug Bite Marks Last?
It depends on the circumstances. If you have bed bugs and they’re biting you, then it’s going to be a while before the bites heal. Bed bugs are tiny and bite in multiple places, so they leave behind more than a single mark. If you have a lot of bites, they can take longer to heal.
If you’ve been bitten by a bed bug and the bites healed quickly, then there’s no reason to worry about them lasting for long. It’s common for people with regular bed bug infestations not to notice their bites for weeks or months at a time (and sometimes even years). This is because their bites heal quickly so that they don’t look like much at all.
You may feel some itching during this time, but it shouldn’t be painful or cause any significant discomfort.
List of Bed Bug Bites Dark Spots treatment
The following are some treatment options for bed bug bites:
Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, Body Oil for Scars and Stretchmarks, Dermatologist Recommended, Non-Comedogenic, For All Skin Types, with Vitamin A, E, 6.7 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), Red
Price : $22.99 ($3.43 / Fl Oz)
- IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS – Clinically proven to help repair skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and more. Bio-Oil is non comedogenic and a great acne scar treatment for face
- PACKED WITH POWERFUL, NATURAL OILS – Vitamin A Oil promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, increasing skin elasticity. Vitamin E Oil, Chamomile Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Lavender Oil are anti-inflammatory and promote healthy skin
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL MOISTURE WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES – Uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain moisture to repair scars without clogging your pores. Effective acne scar healer and anti-aging face moisturizer for women
- HELPS SMOOTH UNEVEN SKIN TONES – Works naturally to improve the appearance of uneven skin tones, for light and dark skin tones. Mineral oil, one of Bio-Oil’s base oils, works both as an emollient, which keeps the skin soft and smooth, and as a moisturizer
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Keep Bio-Oil Skincare Oil on-hand to ensure the whole household is covered. Safe for pregnant women, this is the perfect mothers day present for expectant moms. Bio-Oil helps soften skin and repairs damage for all types, tones, textures, and areas of your skin
Additional Info :
MAJESTIC PURE Himalayan Salt Body Scrub with Lychee Oil, Exfoliating Salt Scrub to Exfoliate & Moisturize Skin, Deep Cleansing – 10 oz
Price : $12.73 ($1.27 / Fl Oz)
- A Massage Body Scrub – Majestic Pure Himalayan Salt Scrub is formulated with powerful Natural Ingredients including Lychee berry, Sweet Almond Oil, and various Nutrients for their benefits on skin. Lychee Berry Oil has a soft, delicate scent and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Bath Scrub Detoxifies & Hydrates skin. It can be used by Men & Women.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub – Himalayan salt is known for its impressive nutrient profile, which includes high trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper & iron. These nutrients help detoxify skin by balancing pH levels in the body. The pink salt crystals act as a pore-minimizer to restore smooth, soft skin; Himalayan Salt color can vary from light to dark pink color hence the scrub color may vary.
- Detoxification + Hydration – Salt Body Scrub Exfoliate for Body removes dead cells, toxins, dirt, pollution, and from pores. Scrubbing with sea salt scrub also assists in rejuvenation of skin; leaving not only your skin revived but also refreshing your whole Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Skin Blemish Solution – Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of Acne, Blackheads, Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Scars, and Excess Oil. A pore-minimizer and hydrating solution to leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and firmer. Great leg exfoliator for strawberry legs.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA – At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
Additional Info :
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Mederma Advanced Scar Gel 1x Daily Reduces The Appearance Of Old New Scars #1 Doctor Pharmacist Recommended Brand for Scars 1.76oz, Clear, 50 grams
Price : $20.84 ($11.82 / Ounce)
- EFFECTIVE SCAR TREATMENT, with Cepalin botanical extract, for old and new scars caused by: Acne, Burns, Injury, Surgery.
- CLINICALLY SHOWN to visibly reduce the overall appearance of scars.
- UNIQUE TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA penetrates beneath the surface of the skin to help: Lock in Moisture. Collagen Formation and Cell Renewal.
- #1 RECOMMENDED BRAND: Mederma is the #1 Recommended Brand of Scar Treatments among Doctors, Pharmacists, Pediatricians, Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons* (IQVIA ProVoice Survey, March 2021)
Additional Info :
Price : $12.96
- Natural Product – Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application of diatomaceous earth on animal feed
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
Additional Info :
The conclusion is that bed bug bites do leave dark spots and they can be treated. The treatment is simply to wash the area with soap and water, then cover it with a bandage to protect it from further bug bites. This treatment should be done daily until the lesions have gone away completely.