While the Spanish language is a beautiful and unique one, it can sometimes be difficult to learn. The best way to learn a new language is to immerse yourself in it as much as possible. This article will help you figure out how to say fleas in Spanish. You can learn how to say fleas in Spanish the easy way. On this page, you will find the translation and the Spanish pronunciation of fleas. You can also read comments and examples on how to use this word, as well as etymological information about it.
Fleas are bloodsucking insects, which can be found on dogs, cats, and other animals. There are many ways to say fleas in Spanish. The American English word “ fleas ” in Spanish is “ piojos ” pronounced: pee-oy- oh -sy and the noun piojos means “ lice ”. Fleas in Spanish is Pulgas, it is both singular and plural form. Currently, in English, a Flea is defined as a small wingless insect with piercing mouthparts that suck blood from living animals.
Example: “Tenemos que matar todas las pulgas antes de que se reproduzcan.”
Translation: We must kill all the fleas before they reproduce.
Other words that mean “pulga”
In some parts of Latin America, the word for flea is “chinche”. This word is not used in Spain, but it is fairly common throughout Mexico and other parts of Central America.
It comes from a diminutive form of chinche (meaning “bug”), so if you wanted to say “fleas are everywhere” you would say: Hay más chinches que moscas.
This word is a bit more obscure, but if you want to impress your Spanish-speaking friends with your vocabulary, this is the way to go. It’s also used in other languages like French, Italian and Portuguese. The only downside is that it’s not as common as some of the other words we’ve covered so far (i.e., “piojo”).
“mosca de la arena”
The Spanish term for flea is “mosca de la arena,” or “sand fly.” The English word is also commonly used to describe this type of insect. In French, it’s called the mouche de sable. In German, it’s called Sandfliege. In Italian, it’s called la zanzara delle dune; in Portuguese, it’s chamada pulga da areia.
Don’t Let Fleas Bug You in Spain
Fleas are a common problem in Spain, but it doesn’t have to be. Fleas can be a nuisance and even dangerous for your health. Fleas can even make your pets sick as well. It is important to know how to say flea in Spanish when you travel or visit friends and family in Spain, so that if someone asks “¿Tienes pulgas?” they’ll know what’s going on with their pet or home.
Be aware that there are other insects associated with the term chinche. These include the sand flea (usually a different species from the North American one), or a type of tick, both of which can be harmful to humans and animals. You should also be careful about using pulga as “flea” because this word can refer to any small insect or bug if it’s used figuratively. Just remember that chinches are not just bugs, but they’re also diseases. So if someone says something like “¡Ay, Me están picando las chinches,” they are probably referring to those pesky little blood-sucking insects commonly known as fleas.”
List Of Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Spray
The following is a list of flea, tick, and mosquito spray products that are available at your local pet store.
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 16 oz
Price: $24.99 ($1.56 / Fl Oz)
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact and repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that are powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, AND CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty-free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Ready to Use Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Yard Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito and Insect Killer, Treatment, and Repellent – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, and Kids – 32 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe for cats, dogs, and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach it directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances, or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Adams Flea and Tick Home Spray, 24 Ounce
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, bed bugs, ticks, cockroaches, ants*, spiders, mosquitoes, and many other labeled insects (*except carpenter, harvester, pharaoh and fire ants)
- LONG LASTING: Provides up to 7 months of flea protection and begins killing on contact
- QUICK RELIEF: Starts killing fleas in 5 minutes.
- COMPLETE HOME DEFENSE: Reaches fleas hidden in carpets, rugs, upholstery, and pet bedding; do not spray directly on pets.
- EASY TO USE: Even and controlled spraying pattern for optimal results
- FRAGRANCE-FREE: Dries fast, non-staining, and has no lingering odor.
- PET, HOME & YARD: 5% of fleas live on your pet while the remaining 95% live in your home or yard. Adams provides a multi-step product solution to fight pests on every front – Complete your system with our Pet, Home, and Yard products.
Additional Info :
Fleas are a big problem for dogs and cats. Not only can they cause itching and discomfort for your pet, but they can spread to other animals and even people. So what do you do if your pet has fleas? Here are some tips on how to say fleas in Spanish:
“Piojos” is the word for fleas. It’s pronounced, “pee-oh-hohs.”
If you have an infestation of fleas in your home, you might want to call an exterminator to get rid of them. If you’re looking for an alternative way to get rid of fleas, try using a natural method like diatomaceous earth or borax powder on your carpets, furniture, and bedding. It might take a few days for these methods to work but eventually, all of those pesky fleas will be gone.