Cockroaches are some of the most common house pests, especially in the tropical regions of the world. If you’re struggling with a cockroach problem, then keep reading to learn one of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches using bay leaves.
Bay leaves are a popular solution to get rid of cockroaches. They have been used as a herb for thousands of years and there is no wonder why: They smell nice, they can be dried and kept for long periods like other spices, you can use them anywhere in your home and you can even give them as gifts.
Bay leaves are a great natural way to effectively deter cockroaches. This is because the essential oils in bay leaves have an insect-repelling effect and they also make your home smell good.
Do bay leaves keep cockroaches away?
The idea behind this home remedy for cockroaches is that roaches cannot stand the scent of the essential oils released by crushed bay leaves. However, the scent produced by bay leaves is not powerful enough to repel cockroaches.
The odor alone does not deter roaches from entering your home or apartment; you need to take other measures to keep them out of your living space. A better method is to use peppermint oil, cedarwood oil, and cypress oil together in a spray bottle or homemade solution (see instructions below). You can also combine powdered sugar with boric acid in a 1:1 ratio and place it in corners where cockroaches like to hide.
What repels cockroaches instantly?
Cockroaches are one of the most common insects that can be found in your home. They’re also one of the most stubborn bugs to get rid of because they reproduce quickly and carry diseases such as salmonella, dysentery, typhoid fever, cholera, and polio. Most chemical sprays are ineffective against cockroaches because they don’t have lungs or gills; instead, they breathe through small holes on their sides called spiracles.
If you’re looking for a natural way to repel cockroaches without using harsh chemicals or pesticides (you may even find yourself growing fond of them), try these four natural remedies:
- Peppermint oil – For centuries peppermint has been used as an antiseptic, antispasmodic, and mild pain reliever for headaches or muscle aches.* Cedarwood oil – When inhaled it creates a calming effect on both mind and body; its aroma helps relieve stress.* Cypress oil – If diluted with water and then applied topically it will eliminate fungi such as athlete’s foot.* Coffee grounds – One study found that coffee grounds were just as effective at repelling these unwanted creatures as DEET.
Bay leaves are a great way to deter cockroaches from your home.
Bay leaves are a great way to deter cockroaches from your home. Not only are they natural and safe, but they’re also easy to use and inexpensive.
Bay leaves have been used for centuries as an insect repellant, and they can be found in almost any kitchen cupboard or pantry. Unlike other chemical-based insect repellants and deterrents, bay leaves are completely harmless for humans and pets (although it’s still good practice to keep them out of reach). Plus, they smell really nice.
How To Use Bay Leaves For Cockroaches
Scatter the bay leaves around your house in areas where you have seen cockroach activity. Focus on your food preparation areas as well as your eating areas.
You could also fill them with any leaves just like you would do with potpourri, and place them where needed
You can also place a few leaves under your garbage can
Sprinkle bay leaves in your cupboards, behind the refrigerator, and under the stove.
Dry bay leaves have the capability of retaining their fragrance for up to one year. Fresh ones have a more bitter aroma, are more potent, and may work better in keeping the cockroaches away. In case you have an ongoing cockroach problem in your home, it’s advisable that you grow bay laurel trees.
Cockroaches most of the time will mistake the lure of food as an open invitation to invade your home. It is therefore important to desist from sending mixed signals by always cleaning up after yourself. You could practice the following habits to avoid attracting cockroaches to your house.
- Always wipe your counters after use
- Sweep your floors regularly
- Wash dirty dishes, utensils, and pots
- Put away meal prep foods
Other methods that you could use to reduce the alluring scents and implement crumb control in your house include,
- Storing your packaged dry good in canisters or jars that have tight-fitting lids.
- Only eating in designated areas such as the dining room or kitchen
- Ensuring that you clean your pantry or cupboards twice a year or seasonally
- Vacuuming your floors and seating weekly as required
It is not a secret that bay leaves are actively used in Asian cuisine in general. The unassuming-looking leaf adds the extra fragrance and flavor you need to make your dish complete, but did you also know that bay leaves are one of the smells that keep cockroaches at bay? While some online resources are pretty skeptical about its full effectiveness, it remains a natural alternative to the formulations used. While a professional technician is certainly not a replacement, there is no harm in trying. Please note that bay leaves are no trusted alternative and that results may vary. The idea behind scattering bay leaves around is based on the notion that they cannot stand the smell of essential oils. However, there seems to be little proof supporting that theory. Peppermint leaves are also cited as a good deterrent, but again, you can experience widely different results.
List Of Insecticides For Cockroaches
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests that you can find in your home, and they can be very difficult to get rid of. They leave behind a strong odor, and they eat food that’s left on your countertops. Cockroaches also carry diseases and viruses, so it’s important that you take care of them as soon as possible.
There are many insecticides available for cockroaches, but if you don’t know how to use them properly then they won’t work as well as they should. Here are some insecticides for cockroaches:
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non-Toxic
Price : $18.98
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Price : $8.53
- Get rid of cockroach problems at the source with this specially Designed Large roach bait product containing Hydramethylnon
- Easy to use, no mess baits do Not require activation
- Simply place them wherever you see or have seen roaches and relax while they kill non sTop day and night
- Best used in areas like under sinks, behind toilets, and behind appliances, killing the ones you see and the ones you don’t and destroys the nest
- Eight child resistant bait stations are Included
- Power Source Type: Combat Roach Killing Bait, Large Roach Bait Station, 8 Count
Additional Info :
|Color||Large 8 ct|
Price : $11.92
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch them attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2: With Comfort Wand, Kills Ants, Cockroaches, Spiders, Fleas & Ticks, Odor Free, 1.1 gal.
Price : $14.49 ($0.10 / Fl Oz)
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes, and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches, and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after the spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
Price : $36.00
- This item cannot be stored in Amazon warehouses due to active ingredient storage temperature requirements.
- Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Killer
- 100% American Made
- Place 4 tubes (2 boxes) per acre on your perimeter/property line (more than 4 tubes can be used).
- SPARTAN MOSQUITO PRO TECH IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF California, and outside the United States
Additional Info :
Cockroaches are a nuisance to anyone who has them. They spread disease, contaminate food, and spread filth around your house. They are also unhygienic and can cause allergies in humans. Cockroaches can be difficult to get rid of as they are very resilient and are known to be able to live without food for several months.
There are several types of insecticides available that can help you get rid of cockroaches in your home, but it is important that you choose the right one for the job. Insecticides come in different forms such as sprays, foggers, powders, and traps. Some insecticides work by poisoning the cockroach while others kill them through suffocation or dehydration. If you want to get rid of cockroaches permanently then it is recommended that you use an insecticide that kills them rather than just repels them because it will give you better results over time.”