Using poison to kill the ants will only make them angry. Usually, they do not die but leave the house looking for food and water. They are constantly coming back even many days after you sprayed insecticide. If they keep coming back to your house or infested places, you may have to spray again because it will take some time before they are gone. If a bit of poison is left in your home, you can expect them to come back a week after you sprayed the insecticide.
This gives you an idea that how stubborn ants can be if disturbed. Also, when they reappear it means their fellow ants are still alive somewhere around the house or in your garden so they can stand in their number to defend themselves from invading insects and creatures when having a meal from your plants in the backyard.
Ants are incredibly capable and intelligent creatures. Though harmless, they can be a nuisance when they get into your home or business premises. Their complex and cooperative societies allow them to survive and thrive in conditions that would be otherwise challenging to us. Here are some interesting facts that you may want to know about this small but amazing pest.
The total weight of all the ants in the world is the same, if not larger than all humans added together. Ants are capable of carrying objects 50 times their own body weight with their mandibles. Ants evolved from wasp-like ancestors in the dinosaur period between 110 and 130 million years ago. Ants can survive underwater for 24 hours. Ants belong to the insect order Hymenoptera. They are close relatives of bees and wasps. Each colony can hold up to half a million ants. They can all get up and go very quickly if the colony is threatened. Worker ants can live for up to 7 years, while a queen can live up to 15 years.
Ways To Get Rid Of Ants
Ants are an annoying and unpleasant pest in your home. They crawl around the floor, they get into your food, and they make a mess of your furniture. You want to get rid of them as soon as possible.
You can use an insecticide for ants in the Philippines to kill ants and their larvae quickly. There are many different types of insecticide available on the market today, but one that you should consider buying is Maxforce FC Ant Bait Gel. This kind of bait is effective against all kinds of ants, including fire ants, pavement ants, odorous house ants, Argentine ants, and other species.
It’s important to know that Maxforce FC Ant Bait Gel contains a borax powder that attracts ants because borax is toxic to them. When they eat this substance they will die within two days if they do not find any food sources during this time period (such as sugar).
What Is the Best Insecticide to Kill Ants?
The best insecticide to kill ants is Terro. It’s an easy-to-use liquid that you can apply directly to the ant trail, or you can pour it into a small bottle cap and place it near the ant colony. The ants will take the poison back to the colony and share it with their fellow ants, killing them all. Terro also kills other pests such as roaches, fleas, ticks, and spiders. You can find it at any local hardware store or supermarket.
Orthene is a synthetic pyrethroid, which means that it is a neurotoxin that kills insects by attacking their nervous systems. The active ingredient in Orthene is cypermethrin, which is a synthetic version of pyrethrins, a compound derived from chrysanthemums.
When you spray Orthene on ants, they become paralyzed and die within a few hours. This insecticide works by entering the ant’s body through its cuticle (external skeleton) and then spreading through its tissues until it reaches the central nervous system. Once in the central nervous system, this substance attacks an enzyme called “acetylcholinesterase” that regulates nerve impulses between muscles and nerves in insects as well as humans. Without this enzyme functioning properly, it becomes impossible for an insect to move or breathe properly—causing death within 24 hours after exposure to Orthene.
How to Get Rid of Ants in the Philippines?
This is a common question that you might be facing in the Philippines. Ants are one of the most annoying pests to deal with. They can enter your home through cracks and crevices, and they can also come in through food packages.
If you are looking for a natural way to get rid of ants in your home, there are some things that you can do. These include sprinkling powdered cinnamon, clove, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper or salt at the entrance points of the ants. You can also use vinegar mixed with water as an effective homemade ant killer.
What Kind of Insecticide Kills Ants?
Insecticides are a great way to control ant populations, but there are several different kinds of insecticides that can be used to control ants, depending on the specific species you’re dealing with.
If you have a mound-building species, such as carpenter ants, you’ll want to use an insecticide formulated to kill ants that are in the formic acid family. You can find these products at any hardware store or home improvement center. If you have a bark-eating species such as fire ants, try using an insecticide formulated to kill ants that eat wood or insects. You can also find these products at hardware stores and home improvement centers.
Insecticides that contain pyrethrins are another option for killing ants. These products come in many different forms—some are liquids and others are powders—so make sure you read the label carefully to see if it has been formulated for use on ants specifically before purchasing it.
Negative Impacts of Ants Infestation
- Food poisoning – ants can contaminate food because you don’t know where they’ve been foraging before crawling over your food.
- Nasty bites – ant bites though harmless, can be itchy and causes discomfort.
- Reputation – having an ant infestation on business premises can be unsightly to customers.
- Business losses – compromised health and hygiene can lead to lost trading revenue in food-related businesses.
List Of Insecticide For Ants Philippines
Ants are social insects and they follow a strict system of hierarchy within their colonies. They also have specialized roles and work together to maintain the colony’s survival. One of the most important things about ants is that they are very territorial and will fight to protect their home. This means that if you have an ant problem, there’s no way to get rid of them without killing them all at once or moving away from your current residence.
Here is a list of insecticides for ants Philippines:
TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Killer, 12 Bait Stations
- Attracts & Kills – Kills common household ants including acrobat, crazy, ghost, little black, odorous house, pavement, and other sweet-eating ants
- Kills the Ants You See & the Ones You Don’t – As worker ants discover the bait, they share it with the rest of the colony to eliminate them all
- Works Fast – You should see a significant decrease in the number of ants visiting the bait stations within just a few days
- Ready to Use – Place the bait stations, watch them attract ants, and eliminate the entire colony
- Use Throughout Your Home – Place stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity including along baseboards, in corners, on counters, and more
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2: With Comfort Wand, Kills Ants, Cockroaches, Spiders, Fleas & Ticks, Odor Free, 1.1 gals.
Price: $14.49 ($0.10 / Fl Oz)
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes, and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches, and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after the spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :
BioAdvanced 502570B Dual Action Rose & Flower Insect Killer Insecticide, 24-Ounce, Ready-to-Use
- INSECT KILLER: Kills Aphids, Caterpillars, Whiteflies, Japanese Beetles, and more on contact
- 30-DAY PROTECTION: Protects against listed insects for up to 30 days
- USE ON: Roses, flowers, plants, and even houseplants
- RAINPROOF PROTECTION: Rainproof within 1 hour of application
- COVERAGE AREA: Treats up to 34 plants
- RESTRICTIONS: Restricted in CT, MD, & VT. Not for sale, sale into, distribution, and or use in Nassau, Suffolk, Kings, and Queens counties of NY
Additional Info :
TERRO T800 Garbage Guard Trash Can Insect Killer – Kills Flies, Maggots, Roaches, Beetles, and Other Insects
- Eliminate & Prevent – The deeply penetrating vapor fills enclosed spaces to kill visible and hiding insects and prevent new infestations
- No More Maggots – Garbage Guard is effective against a variety of flying and crawling insects that are commonly found in trash cans
- Lasts up to 4 Months – Controlled release technology slowly diffuses the vapor to offer insect protection all summer long
- Easy to Use – Simply remove the adhesive backing, attach the pod to the inside of your trash can, close the lid, and let the vapor do its work
- For Outdoors / Garages – These pods are designed for use in outdoor and garage trash cans, dumpsters, and trash bins
Additional Info :
The best way to get rid of ants is by using an insecticide. The insecticide should be applied to the areas where you see ants. You should also apply it in areas where there are no ants but you think they will come from. This will kill the ant and prevent it from spreading to other areas.
It is important to use the right kind of insecticide for your needs. You can find insecticides at any local hardware or department store.