Weevils are well-known for causing damage to seeds, grains, and nuts before they even reach you. But if you’ve ever experienced the frustration of finding out that the contents of your pantry have been infested with weevils, then you know just how destructive they can be. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to get rid of these pests: insecticide. By using a liquid insecticide formulated specifically for killing insects like weevils (or a combination of boric acid powder and diatomaceous earth), you can ensure that all traces are eliminated from your home so no more infestations occur in the future.
The insecticide is a broad term that can refer to any substance used to kill insects. Insecticides are used in agriculture, food storage, and medicine. An insecticide such as permethrin is also used for personal protection against mosquitoes that may carry the West Nile virus or other diseases. Permethrin belongs to a class of chemicals called pyrethroids, which have been registered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as safe for use on humans when properly applied.
For adult weevils, you can use insecticides such as Sevin, Malathion, Diazinon, and Carbaryl. These are effective against adults. However, these chemicals are not recommended for use in homes due to their toxicity and exposure risks.
For larvae and eggs, you can try insecticidal dust like boric acid-based dust that suffocates the larvae or powdery formulations such as diatomaceous earth that dry out the insects. Again these are toxic to people so they should be used only outside or under proper ventilation.
Which insecticide kills weevils?
- Novacide Insecticide is our top recommended insecticide to control weevils that can kill adult weevils and comes with an IGR (or Insect Growth Regulator) which affects weevil larvae and eggs. The best part about Novacide is its residual effect as it can remain effective for up to 7 months so you don’t have to apply it often.
- Cyper WP is another powerful insecticide option for getting rid of weevils, especially if you want something that’s effective against larvae and adults but also has a faster kill time (within 24 hours). It’s important to note though that Cyper WP isn’t recommended for use on food plants because it contains chlorpyrifos which can be harmful if ingested by humans or animals who eat the treated plants. If this applies to you then please check out our previous blog post on pest control products safe for gardeners first before using any pesticide sprays around your home.”
Why can’t I get rid of weevils?
But by the time you spot weevils, odds are they’ve infested other nearby food items. So to oust them, you’ve got to purge your pantry of unsealed dry foods, including oats, rice, barley, flour, corn meal, pasta, and even prepackaged box-type dinners that don’t have sealed internal pouches.
It helps if you can find the source of their entry: a gnawed hole in an infested bag or box (look for tiny holes made by larvae) or a bag that’s split along its seams or edges. Then toss out everything inside and seal it with tape until it can be disposed of properly at the dumpster or trash collection point.
If any infestation is left behind after this purge, say a few grains have fallen from an opened package into another one on top, you can try vacuuming them up before sealing and tossing out that second package as well; otherwise just make sure all your shelves are clean before putting anything else back in them (storing foods in containers rather than bags could help).
What causes weevil infestation?
Weevils are tiny insects that feed on cereal grains, such as wheat and barley. They can be found in whole-grain cereals, flour, dried fruit, and other dry foods.
If you have purchased a product that is infested with weevils, do not remove the infested food from its original packaging or discard it in your trash. You should immediately contact a professional pest control company for assistance with removing the weevils from your home and disposing of the contaminated food.
If you have a weevil infestation in your home, the best thing to do is call an exterminator. They can help you get rid of this problem quickly and effectively. If you spot any weevils in your pantry or kitchen, it’s important not only to discard these foods immediately but also to sanitize any surfaces where they may have crawled before they laid eggs there too.
List of Insecticide For Weevils
Weevils are tiny insects that can be found in many different parts of the world. They are known to feed on a variety of different plants, including fruits and nuts.
Insecticide For Weevils is a product designed to help control the population of weevils by killing them off. This insecticide works by poisoning the insects with a chemical that is toxic to their bodies, which causes death.
Price : $32.92
- Active Ingredient: 0. 5% Natural Pyrethrin You MUST Read the Label Before Use.
- Target pests: Angoumois Grain Moths, Ants, Bed Bugs, Booklice, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Chocolate Moths, Cigarette Beetles, Clothes Moths, Clover Mites, Cluster Flies, Cockroaches, Confused Flour Beetles, Crickets, Drug Store Beetles, Earwigs, Fleas, Flies, Fruit Flies, Gnats, Grain Mites, Granary Weevils, Horn Flies, House Flies, Indian Meal Moths, Mediterranean Flour Moths, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Mud Daubers, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks and Wasps Etc.
- For use in: Houses, Apartments, Nursing Homes, Schools, Restaurants, Warehouses, and other sensitive accounts .
- Pet safe: Yes, when used as directed on product label
- You MUST Read the Label Before Use.
- Power Source Type: Manual
Additional Info :
Dr. Killigan’s Six Feet Under Non Toxic Insect Killer Spray | Indoor Natural Pest Control | Flea, Tick, Pantry & Clothing Moths, Ant, & Cockroach | Family Friendly, Pet Safe (24 oz)
Price : $22.97
- 💥NONTOXIC. KID SAFE. FAMILY SAFE. Six Feet Under is made of non-toxic ingredients and is safe for use in homes and around food. NOTE: Six Feet Under Kills on contact and has minimal residual effect after 1 hour.
- 💥POWERFULLY POTENT and FAST ACTING FORMULA with no harsh chemicals. Protect your home from the destructive behavior of insects with this pest control spray and natural ant killer. Works well with Dr. Killigan’s Pantry Moth Traps and Dr. Killigan’s Clothing Moth Traps.
- 💥SWEET AROMA of cinnamon with a touch of clove. Smells and fragrances can be a real challenge to get right in insect sprays. Subtle is usually better, and with Six Feet Under, subtle is what you get.
- 💥PET FRIENDLY – Six Feet Under is a natural indoor pest control solution and pet safe bug spray. SFU is safe to spray on your pets for natural flea and tick control – safe when used as directed. Kills all stages of the life cycle. A great natural flea killer and bug spray.
- 💥EFFECTIVELY KILLS – Natural clove and cottonseed oils eliminate ants, pantry moths, clothes moths, flies, fruit flies, mosquitoes, roaches, ticks, fleas, earwigs, silverfish, and more. This is how to get rid of bugs naturally. Dr. Killigan. Killing Them Softly.
Additional Info :
Price : $20.49 ($0.16 / Fl Oz)
- Controls a wide range of fungal diseases and pests
- Controls aphids, mites, beetles, crickets, weevils, silverfish, caterpillars, whiteflies and other insect pests
- Controls fungal diseases, including black spot, powdery mildew, rust, Scab, blight, brown rot and leaf spot
- Use on roses, flowers, houseplants, ornamental trees and shrubs, fruits, nuts and vegetables
- Convenient, easy to use, requires no mixing
Additional Info :
Price : $19.99
- READY TO USE – These convenient granules are ready for use and provide effective, long lasting insect control for up to 8 weeks in your flower beds, roses, and shrubs. Apply it every 8 weeks throughout the growing season for optimal protection.
- PEST CONTROL – Bonide Systemic Granules kill tough houseplant pests like fungus, gnats, mealybug, whitefly, termite, aphids, and more. Be considerate of animals and bugs like hummingbirds and bees that could be harmed from use of this product.
- NO SPRAYING – There is no mess associated with this pesticide because it is not a spray. The dry-application granules are easy to use, control, and apply without worrying about destroying clothing or other plants.
- FOR NON-EDIBLE PLANTS – This insect killer treatment is not meant for vegetable or fruit plants. This product is labeled for use on flower beds, roses, shrubs, and the like, but it is not labeled for use on any edibles.
- HOW IT WORKS – After incorporating the granules into the soil and watering them in, the pesticide is absorbed by the roots where it moves through the plants to assist in protection against the listed bugs.
Additional Info :
Price : $4.98
- Kills common kitchen insects: controls ants, flies, gnats, roaches, spiders and other kitchen insects as listed
- Contains botanical insecticides: formulated to kill common kitchen insects fast
- For use IN kitchens, pantries and food-prep areas: spray into cracks and crevices, around closed cartons or containers and other areas where insects tend to hide
- Also controls flying insects: use as a space spray – treat weekly or as needed
- Money-back guarantee: guaranteed to work or your money back – see product label for details
Additional Info :
Weevils are a common garden pest that can be found on a variety of plants, including vegetables, herbs, and flowers. They’re also known as snout beetles because of their long snouts. These insects cause damage to plants by eating leaves, stems, and roots. Whether you’re growing your own food or just want to keep your garden looking beautiful, it’s important to get rid of weevils before they do too much damage.
When using insecticides for weevils in your garden, you’ll want to make sure the product is safe for both humans and pets. It’s also important that you follow the directions on the label carefully so that you don’t use too much or too little of the product each time. There are some general guidelines for how often you should treat your garden with an insecticide for weevils:
- Treat plants once a week with an insecticide for weevils.
- Treat fruit trees twice per month with an insecticide for weevils during their growing season (April through September).