Mosquitos are annoying pests that can ruin your outdoor experience. There is no reason to let them ruin your time in the sun, though. You can keep them away with Listerine Mosquito Repellent.
The Listerine Mosquito Repellent is a spray that you apply to your skin before going out. It is safe for use on children over six months old, and it will not cause any irritation or burning of the skin. This product is made from ingredients that repel mosquitoes and other bugs for up to five hours. The Listerine Mosquito Repellent will not stain your clothes or leave a sticky residue behind when it dries. It comes in a 4-ounce bottle that will last for several applications before you need to purchase more.
Listerine is the most trusted name in oral care, and now you can use it to keep mosquitoes away from your skin as well. With Listerine’s famous minty flavor and its proven ability to freshen breath, it’s easy to apply. Just spray on and go about your day without worrying about pesky mosquitos or their annoying bites.
It’s great for camping trips or other outdoor activities where there might be more bugs around, but we think everybody should have a bottle of Listerine Mosquito Repellent handy in case they find themselves stuck outside in an unexpected rainstorm or at an outdoor concert with no bug spray nearby.
Does Listerine Keep Bugs Away?
The idea that Listerine keeps bugs away may not sound like a great one, but it’s actually been proven to work. In fact, when researchers tested the mouthwash on mosquitoes in a lab setting, they found that it kept mosquitoes away for up to two hours, but only if the subjects’ breath was minty-fresh. If their breath smelled like regular old mouthwash, the mosquitoes stayed put. But if their breath smelled like minty-fresh Listerine, they left them alone.
So while you may want to keep this in mind next time you’re going camping or planning a picnic by the lake, we wouldn’t recommend using Listerine as your go-to bug repellent.
How Does Listerine Get Rid of Mosquitoes?
Listerine may have its place in the medicine cabinet, but to some resourceful outdoors types, it has a second life. Pour a couple of ounces into a spray bottle, the story goes, spritz it in the air at the next barbecue, and presto, you have a cheap and pleasant-smelling mosquito barrier.
It works to some extent. Listerine contains eucalyptol and menthol, which are effective at repelling mosquitoes in small quantities. But it’s definitely not a magic bullet.
The problem with this approach is that the concentration of eucalyptol and menthol needed to repel mosquitoes is higher than what’s found in Listerine. And if you get too close to your face with the Listerine or breathe it in directly (which can happen if you’re spraying it into your hands first), you could end up with a bad headache.
How Do You Make Bug Spray With Listerine?
Bug spray is a necessity when you’re camping, but it’s also incredibly smelly. If you don’t want to stink up your tent with the aerosol version, try this all-natural alternative:
Mix 1/3 each of Epsom salt, mouthwash, and beer, and put it in a spray bottle. Another option is to puree garlic and mix it in a spray bottle with water. The mouthwash and beer concoction worked best for our tester, it kept mosquitoes away for at least two hours.
List of Listerine Mosquito Repellents
Listerine mosquito repellents are some of the most popular and effective ways to keep mosquitoes away from you. While there are many choices on the market, here are some of our favorites.
Price : $5.99
- Kills mosquitoes before they’re old enough to bite
- The only product with bti, bacteria toxic only to mosquito larvae
- Lasts for 30 days and treats 100 square feet of surface water
- Non-toxic to all other wildlife , pets, fish, and humans
- Labeled for organic gardening by the usepa
Additional Info :
Price : $6.48 ($1.62 / Fl Oz)
- OFF! Botanicals Insect Repellent Spritz effectively repels mosquitoes, black flies, gnats, and no-see-ums
- Made with a plant-based active ingredient and contains no added dyes
- Pump spritz allows for easy application and won’t damage clothing or gear
- Proven to protect from mosquitoes* (Every OFF! brand insect repellent is evaluated to prove it repels mosquitoes when used as directed)
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry West Nile virus
Additional Info :
Price: $5.97 ($0.18 / Fl Oz)
- KILLS 99.9% of GERMS: This 1-liter bottle of Listerine Freshburst spearmint antiseptic mouthwash kills 99.9% of germs that cause bad breath, plaque, and gingivitis for a fresher and cleaner mouth than brushing alone
- FIGHT PLAQUE AND GINGIVITIS: A germ-killing mouthwash clinically shown to reduce plaque more than brushing and flossing alone by up to 52 percent more and reduce gingivitis by 21 percent more, for a fresh and healthy mouth
- REFRESHING Mint FLAVOR: From the #1 dentist-recommended brand of over-the-counter mouthwashes, this mouthwash for bad breath features a minty flavor that works to leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed
- ADA Seal of ACCEPTANCE: As an American Dental Association (ADA)-accepted antiseptic mouthwash, Listerine Freshburst Antiseptic Mouthwash offers 24-hour germ* protection with twice daily use.*Germs that cause plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath
- WHOLE MOUTH CLEAN: With approximately 4 weeks’ supply, achieve maximum results from this fresh breath mouthwash by rinsing your mouth for 30 seconds twice a day, both morning and night, and experience a refreshing, dentist-clean feeling
Additional Info :
Price: $9.99 ($1.00 / Count)
- DEET FREE, MADE WITH ESSENTIAL OILS – Our repellent bracelets are made with essential oils: Geraniol Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Citronella Oil. Essential oils have been found to repel mosquitoes.
- 10 RESEALABLE BAGS – Each mosquito repellent bracelet is individually wrapped in a resealable bag, keeping it fresh and increasing the life span.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL – Cliganic repellent bracelets are fully adjustable, stretchy, and easily fit.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR, WATERPROOF – Best for indoor, outdoor, and travel. Keep it together with your picnic backpack accessories. Enjoy the outdoors without worrying about pesky mosquito bites. This mosquitoes repellent band is waterproof.
- CLIGANIC 90 DAYS WARRANTY, RISK-FREE – no hassles, no questions, if you are not completely satisfied – simply return the item for a full refund.
Additional Info :
Price: $4.97 ($1.24 / Fl Oz)
- MADE WITH OIL OF LEMON EUCALYPTUS: This DEET-free insect repellent provides you with protection during adventures in the backyard and on the go.
- REPELS MOSQUITOES FOR UP TO 6 HOURS: This repellent keeps you and your family protected for hours, so the fun doesn’t have to end.
- REFRESHING SCENT: This DEET-free personal repellent leaves you with a cool, refreshing scent so you don’t have to put up with the usual bug spray smell.
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya viruses.
- NOT GREASY OR STICKY: Formulated with oil of lemon eucalyptus to provide protection without leaving your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
Additional Info :
Listerine Mosquito Repellents are a great way to keep mosquitoes away. They have all the benefits of Listerine and they are effective at repelling mosquitoes. With Listerine Mosquito Repellents, you can enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about getting bitten by a mosquito.
They are easy to apply and can be used on any part of your body. You can spray them on yourself or on your clothing so that you can keep mosquitoes away from any part of your body.