With the holidays coming up and all of the going-on at home, we wanted to share with you some natural bug-repellent recipes as an alternative to store-bought brands. There are countless reasons why it is best to leave brands like Off. on the shelf, that is why we are always looking for alternatives when it comes to protecting our babies from all the little flying pests out there.
How can you stop that creepy crawlies from invading your home? You could use unnatural, chemical-laden products and risk harming your children. Or you could use natural bug repellent that’s safe and effective.
Let’s face it. Bugs can be annoying, frightening, and dangerous for adults and children alike. You want to keep them away from your baby, but going the chemical route to do so can cause some problems. This article will go through a number of natural bug repellents you can make or use to protect your children from bugs.
What Is a Natural Bug Repellent for Babies?
A natural bug repellent for babies is a product that can be used on babies to prevent insect bites. It is typically made of oils, waxes, and other plant-derived ingredients that are safe for children and are often used in aromatherapy.
Bug repellents for babies are usually applied to the skin, but some are available in spray form. They may be formulated as lotions or creams, or they may come in the form of a roll-on stick that can be applied directly to the skin. Some natural bug repellents for babies contain aloe vera gel or shea butter as well as plant extracts such as lavender oil.
Natural bug repellents for babies work by creating a barrier between your baby’s skin and insects’ mouthparts so they cannot bite through it easily. They also mask your child’s scent with one that insects find unpleasant so they do not want to come near you or your child at all.
What Is a Good Insect Repellent for Babies?
The best insect repellent for babies is one that is recommended by their pediatrician, who will be able to tell you which repellents are safe for your baby’s age and size, and which ones are harmful.
In general, insect repellents can be made from natural ingredients or synthetic chemicals. The choice between these two options depends on the type of bug being repelled, as well as the age of the child being protected.
Natural insect repellents often use essential oils or plant extracts to keep insects away from certain areas. They may also contain ingredients such as citronella, lavender oil, and lemongrass oil; these are all known for their ability to repel mosquitoes and other biting insects. Synthetic insect repellents tend to use DEET (N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) as their active ingredient; this chemical is effective against most species of flies, ticks, lice, and mosquitoes.
What to Put on Babies to Prevent Mosquito Bites?
Mosquitoes are the most common carrier of disease-causing viruses and parasites in the world. They are also responsible for millions of deaths each year.
The most effective way to protect your child from mosquito bites is to take precautions before they go outside. Mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk, so avoid letting your baby spend time outdoors during these times of day. If you must let your baby play outside during these hours, use insect repellent to prevent bites.
A mosquito bite can be very irritating and itchy for both infants and adults. To prevent mosquito bites on your infant, place a mosquito net over the crib or stroller where they will sleep. You can also rub insect repellent on their arms and legs before they go outside.
What Home Remedy Gets Rid of Mosquitoes Naturally?
Mosquitoes can be a real nuisance, especially if you live in an area where they are prolific or frequently bite. The good news is that there are several home remedies that can help get rid of mosquitoes naturally.
One of the best ways to rid your home of mosquitoes is to keep it clean and tidy. This means sweeping up any leaves or other debris that may be lying around, ensuring that there are no standing pools of water in which mosquitoes can breed, and making sure that you turn over any potted plants every few days so they can dry out. It’s also important to keep your garbage cans tightly sealed and empty them regularly so mosquitoes aren’t able to make their homes in them as well.
Another great way to get rid of mosquitoes is by using an essential oil diffuser near where you spend most of your time at home. Essential oils like citronella and eucalyptus work wonder at repelling mosquitoes while also smelling wonderful. You can also use a natural insect repellent containing citronella or eucalyptus oil to ward off bothersome pests without having to use harsh chemicals around children or pets.
list of Natural Baby Bug Repellent
Natural pesticides are a much more environmentally friendly option than using harsh chemicals in your home. They are also safer for children and pets, as they don’t contain toxic ingredients like DEET or other harmful chemicals that can be harmful if ingested.
Babyganics Insect Spray, 6oz, 2 pack, Made with Plant and Essential Oils
Price: $20.78 ($1.73 / Fl Oz)
- Made without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, or dyes
- Made with plant & essential oils of citronella, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass, and geranium
- Plant and essential oils help keep mosquitoes away
- Product not tested on animals
Additional Info :
California Baby Natural Bug Blend (Travel) (1)
- Natural Bug Blend is the natural alternative to toxic bug repellents that often contain harsh
- California Baby
Additional Info :
BuzzPatch Mosquito Patch Stickers for Kids (60 Pack) – The Original All Natural, Plant-Based Ingredients, Non-Toxic, DEET Free, Citronella Essential Oil Insect Patch, for Toddlers, Kids
Price : $14.99 ($0.25 / Count)
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Created with you and your kids in mind. This mosquito repellant sticker is made with all-natural, plant-based ingredients. BuzzPatch is non-toxic and DEET-free and uses the most effective and safe essential oil combination.
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT, EFFECTIVE: Instant and most effective in the first 8 hours but continues to be effective for 24-72 hours. Long lasting, easy to apply, and environmentally friendly.
- KID FRIENDLY, PARENT APPROVED – Kids love the colorful, cute smiley patterns that are comfortable to wear and fast to apply. Parents love that they can keep their babies, toddlers, and kids protected without harmful chemicals.
- MEDICAL GRADE ADHESIVE PATCHES – Non-woven fabric patches are medical grade and water-resistant. These pleasant-smelling patches will be your new favorite for the whole family.
- MULTI-USE FUNCTION – Perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, and adults. Convenient, the small package is perfect for on-the-go travel. Great for hiking, vacation, backyard, camping, patio, and parks. Protects day and night.
Additional Info :
California Baby Plant-Based Natural Bug Repellant Spray (6.5 fl. oz.) Skin Safe, Plant-Based Formula for Babies, Toddlers, Kids | Outdoor Protection from Mosquitoes (1 Pack)
Price: $23.95 ($3.68 / Fl Oz)
- Premium Baby Insect Repellent. More than a mosquito repellent for kids, this fast-absorbing spray can also repel biting flies, ticks, and fleas.
- Full Body Protection. This plant-based bug spray can be sprayed over arms, legs, and exposed skin, as well as external clothing and layers.
- No harsh Chemicals. Protecting your baby is as important to you as it is to us, which is why our bug repellent contains no DEET or other harsh chemicals.
- Pure, plant-based Ingredients. We only use pure essential oils in our formula, including lemongrass, cedar, and citronella, for true cruelty-free protection.
- Unbeatable Quality Assurance. As a brand trusted by parents all over, we aim to provide you with the fastest, most reliable product and customer support possible.
Additional Info :
YAYA ORGANICS BABY BUG BAN – All-Natural, Proven Effective Repellent for Babies, Children, and Sensitive Skin (4-ounce spray)
Price: $12.99 ($3.25 / Fl Oz)
- All Natural Bug Repellent: Our extra gentle formula contains non-GMO therapeutic grade essential oils like geranium and certified organic castor and soybean oils. Perfect for sensitive skin and baby’s skin. Keep the bugs away from your little ones on your next outdoor adventure
- Family Friendly: Protect your whole family with our baby-safe, natural bug spray. Great for travel, camping, hiking, fishing, summer adventures, and days spent in the mountains with your kids. Our natural baby bug repellent is independently lab tested for efficacy
- Easy Application: No aerosol here – simply “shake and spray” from head to toe, avoiding eyes, mouth, and hands. Our bottle is recyclable, convenient for frequent applications and the 4-ounce size easily fits into purses, diaper bags, backpacks, and pockets for traveling
- Safe and Gentle: Perfect for babies (6+ months), toddlers, children, pregnant/nursing mothers, and easily irritated skin. Protect your baby’s skin and health with Baby Bug Ban. Our bug guard spray won’t stain clothing and is safe to use on delicate, soft skin
- Fresh Floral Scent: Amazing floral scent that you and your baby will love and bugs will hate. Non-irritating, non-greasy, 100% plant-based, vegan, and cruelty-free formula. No DEET, Permethrin, clove, eugenol, alcohol, or synthetics. Made in the USA
Additional Info :
Natural Baby Bug Repellent is a safe, gentle, effective, and all-natural insect repellent that helps to keep mosquitoes and ticks away from your precious little ones. The non-toxic formula is made from plant-based ingredients and essential oils, and it smells great.
The repellent can be used on children 12 months of age or older and has been tested for safety by an independent lab. It contains no DEET or other synthetic chemicals that can be harmful to babies and toddlers.