Getting rid of black widow spiders can be difficult because once they have made their home inside your house, they are very difficult to get rid of.
The black widow is one of the most poisonous spiders across the globe. Actually, it’s named the black widow because she eats all of the males after mating. But if you’re not in search of a mate, then having these poisonous 8-legged beasts on your property just isn’t appealing. So how do you get rid of them without exposing your family or pets to harmful chemicals?
Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night with an uneasy feeling that something bad is happening? Then when you look around, your eyes settle on a black widow spider on the ground near your bed. Or maybe you have a banana peel on your table and a black widow spider comes out of it. These are situations that can cause fear. If you are someone who is afraid of spiders, then these situations can make it worse.
Black Widow Infestation Signs
-There are two kinds of black widow spiders: the Northern Black Widow and the Southern Black Widow. They are both venomous and can be found in many areas of the United States, including Florida and Texas. The females are larger than males, with an average body size of 0.5 inches. They have an hourglass marking on their abdomen that is red or orange in color and a shiny black abdomen with red or orange spots on it.
-Signs of infestation include finding egg sacs under furniture or other places where they can hide during the day, seeing black widow spiders resting together on top of webs, finding dead insects that were caught in their webs (they kill them before eating them), finding spider droppings (reddish-brown with an elongated shape), having an allergic reaction after being bitten by a spider (redness around the bite site).
-If you spot any signs of an infestation, contact pest control professionals immediately for help removing black widow spiders from your home.
What is the best homemade spider repellent?
The best homemade spider repellent is a combination of water, vinegar, and essential oils. The easiest way to make this concoction is by filling a spray bottle with one cup of water, one teaspoon of vinegar, and six drops of essential oil.
Essential oils are derived from plants and are known for their strong scents. To make your own spray, choose an essential oil that smells good to you or repels spiders. Examples include eucalyptus or peppermint.
Once you have filled the bottle with water and vinegar, add your choice of essential oil(s). Shake well before use.
What Essential Oils Kill Black Widows?
Black widows are one of the most dangerous spiders in the world, and they’re notoriously difficult to get rid of. The good news is that there are essential oils you can use to kill black widows.
The first step is to identify whether you have a black widow or another type of spider. Black widows have a distinctive red mark on their abdomen, which looks like an hourglass. If you see this mark, it’s likely that you have a black widow.
The second step is to find out what essential oils work best for killing black widows. There are many different types of essential oils that can be used to kill black widows, including clove oil and lemongrass oil. You should always dilute these essential oils with water before using them on your skin.
You can also use peppermint oil as an insect repellent to keep spiders away from your home or yard; however, this oil does not kill them directly so it may not be effective against large infestations such as those found inside homes or on farms where large numbers of spiders live together in close quarters over time (such as barns).
How Do You Get Rid of Black Widows?
Black widows are a type of spider that can be found throughout the United States and Canada. If you suspect that you have them in your home, it’s important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
The first thing you should do is keep an eye on any webs that might be around the outside of your home. If you see a web, wait until nightfall and use a flashlight to see if there are any spiders nearby. If so, don’t go near them, you could get bitten.
If you find a black widow, wait until it’s dark out before attempting to remove it from your property. You also want to make sure there aren’t any children or pets in the area who could get hurt by the venomous spider venom.
If there aren’t any children or pets around, grab a long stick or broom handle and use it carefully to move the spider into a small container without getting too close to its bite zone (the large red part behind its head). Once you’ve trapped it inside the container (make sure there isn’t anything else inside), take it outside and release it at least 10 miles away from your home so that another family doesn’t have to deal with this problem again later on down the line.
Do You Want a Natural and Effective Way to Keep Black Widows Away?
Black Widow Repellent is the solution. Black Widow Repellent is made with quality materials and is guaranteed to be effective at keeping black widows away from your home. The repellent uses a blend of essential oils that are known to repel black widows, as well as plants that have been shown to attract them. This product is completely safe to use around children, pets, and other animals.
Black Widow Repellent can be used indoors or outdoors, in garages or storage units. The repellent can be sprayed on any surface that spiders may frequent, such as doorways, window frames, and even underneath appliances where they may hide during the day.
list of Natural Black Widow Repellent
If you have black widows in your home, you know how much of a nuisance they can be. They are dangerous and scary pests, and if you don’t want to use chemicals to get rid of them, there’s only one real option: natural black widow repellent.
All Terrain Herbal Armor Natural Insect Repellent, DEET-FREE Pump Spray, 8 Ounce, Family-Size
Price: $9.89 ($1.24 / Fl Oz)
- EFFECTIVE & SAFE: This repelling oil-based formula is DEET-free and GMO-free; good for sensitive skin. Use Herbal Armor DEET-Free Natural Insect Repellent to keep bugs away & enjoy the outdoors, naturally.
- DON’T LET BUGS KEEP YOU INDOORS: From camping or hiking to relaxing in the backyard, Herbal Armor is an effective & safe bug spray for the whole family. Also, it won’t spoil clothes or camping gear.
- PROTECT YOUR FAMILY: Avoid bug bites with this effective DEET-free insect repellent formula. Herbal Armor is environmentally friendly & non-irritating to the skin; perfect for active families & travelers.
- ACTIVE LIFESTYLE: Started by an outdoor enthusiast, All Terrain offers a broad line of safe & effective insect repellents, sunscreens, topical first aid & itch relief products using natural ingredients
- ALL TERRAIN: We are committed to providing safe & effective, environmentally-friendly, cruelty-free skincare protection products to help you & your family live active, healthy lives.
Additional Info :
Wet & Forget 803064 Miss Muffet’s Revenge Indoor and Outdoor Spider Killer with Attached Sprayer, 64 Fluid Ounces, Ready to Use
- Kills spiders and creates a barrier inside and outside the home to keep them away for up to 12 months with just one application
- Attached sprayer for quick and easy application with a spray range of up to 10 feet for those hard-to-reach places
- Treat all areas where spiders are found, spray until wet but not soaking, and for long-lasting results leave spray undisturbed
- Apply in calm weather where rain is not expected for 24hrs and allow to dry completely before entering the treated area
- Miss Muffet’s Revenge has an unlimited shelf life, is ready to use, and is specially formulated for all spiders except Black Widow and Brown Recluse
Additional Info :
OFF! Botanicals Deet-Free Insect Repellent Wipes, Plant-Based Mosquito Repellent, 10 Count Individually Wrapped Wipes
Price: $6.49 ($0.65 / Count)
- OFF! Botanicals Insect Repellent Towelettes effectively repel mosquitoes, black flies, gnats, and no-see-ums
- Made with a plant-based active ingredient and contains no added dyes
- Towelette allows for easy application and won’t damage clothing or gear
- Proven to protect from mosquitoes* (Every OFF! brand insect repellent is evaluated to prove it repels mosquitoes when used as directed)
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry West Nile virus
Additional Info :
The Natural Black Widow Repellent is a great way to prevent spiders from coming into your home. This product contains natural ingredients and will not harm you or your pet. It is safe for use in homes and has been proven to work well on other pests as well. The repellent is easy to use, just spray it on the area where you want to keep the spiders away and that’s it.