In this day and age, it’s more important than ever to make sure your kids are safe from harm. One of the biggest dangers facing children today is insect bites. Children are more susceptible to getting bitten by insects because they don’t have much skin or fat to protect them from mosquito bites or other insect bites. This can lead to serious infections like Lyme disease and other diseases that can be debilitating for children.
That’s why it’s so important to use natural bug repellents on your kids when they’re outside playing in the yard or kicking around a soccer ball at recess. Natural bug repellents provide protection against mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and other biting insects without using potentially harmful chemicals like DEET or permethrin which can be toxic if ingested by humans or animals.
Natural bug repellents like citronella oil, lemongrass oil, and peppermint oil all work by creating an invisible barrier between yourself and the bug in question which keeps them away from you instead of allowing them to bite you directly on their own terms. These oils also act as natural insecticides which means they kill off any bugs that do manage to land on your skin before they cause any real damage.
What Is a Natural Bug Repellent for Children?
Natural bug repellents are becoming increasingly popular as people become aware of the risks associated with using chemical-based pesticides on their skin. Natural bug repellents can be made by combining essential oils, plant extracts, and other natural ingredients that repel mosquitoes, flies, and other insects.
The idea of applying a natural bug repellent to your children might seem strange at first. After all, they’re so young and you want them to be safe from the dangers of exposure to pesticides, right?
Insect repellants work by creating a barrier between your skin and the insect’s mouthparts which prevents them from biting or sucking blood from your skin. This barrier is created through a combination of different ingredients such as essential oils or plant extracts which have been proven effective against various types of bugs including mosquitoes and flies.
How Do You Make Insect Repellent for Kids?
Insect repellent is a great way to keep bugs away from yourself, your family, and your pets. Whether you’re hiking through the woods or hanging out on your back porch, it’s important to know how to make insect repellent for kids.
There are many ways that you can make your own insect repellent for kids, but it’s important to start with a good base product. Your base should be something that smells good and is not too sticky or heavy. Some options include vanilla extract, lavender oil, and witch hazel.
Once you’ve chosen a base, you’ll want to add essential oils that will repel insects such as citronella oil or lemongrass oil. You can also use lemon juice in place of water if desired.
If using an essential oil as part of your recipe, make sure that it has been diluted with a carrier oil first (such as olive oil) before applying it directly onto the skin since some essential oils can irritate sensitive skin types when used undiluted (such as peppermint).
Finally, add water until desired consistency is achieved then store in the refrigerator until ready for use.
What Scent Is a Natural Bug Repellent?
One of the most effective ways to repel insects is through smell. If the smell is unpleasant to the bug, it will go elsewhere. However, not all scents are equal when it comes to repelling bugs. Some smells are more effective than others and some are completely ineffective at keeping bugs away.
The key to finding the best scent for your needs lies in knowing what scents work best against different types of bugs. There are many scents that can be used as natural bug repellents and some of these scents include citronella, eucalyptus oil, geranium oil, lavender oil, and peppermint oil.
However, not all scents work equally well against all types of bugs so you need to choose one that will work best for your situation. For example, if you want something that will keep mosquitoes away then citronella is probably your best bet but if you live in an area where there are a lot of ticks then eucalyptus oil may be better suited for you because it has been shown to help prevent ticks from attaching themselves onto people’s skin which means less chance for infection or disease transmission from tick bites.
What Home Remedy Kills All Bugs?
There are many home remedies that kill all bugs, but the best one is baking soda. Baking soda is a natural ingredient that can be used to kill all kinds of bugs.
Baking soda works by using enzymes to digest the outer shell of insects. This process is called intracellular digestion and occurs naturally in our bodies when we eat food and drink water.
The process begins when the enzymes break down the chitin component of an insect’s exoskeleton, causing it to dissolve and release its contents into the environment. The body fluids then become acidic and can no longer support life as they normally would. This causes the insect to die within 24 hours or less depending on how much you apply at once; however, it may take longer if you don’t put enough on the first try so make sure you keep applying more until they die off completely before removing dead bodies from your home so no one else gets sick from them too.
list of Natural Bug Repellent For Kids
Are you looking for an all-natural bug repellent that is safe and effective for your kids? Here are some of the best natural bug repellents for kids to keep the bugs away from your little ones.
All Terrain Kids Herbal Armor Natural, DEET-FREE Insect Repellent, Pump Spray, 4 Ounce
Price: $5.99 ($1.50 / Fl Oz)
- INSECT REPELLENT: This naturally repelling oil-based formula is DEET-free & GMO-free. Use Kids Herbal Armor DEET-Free Natural Insect Repellent to keep bugs away, so they can enjoy the outdoors, naturally.
- EFFECTIVE & SAFE: Kids love playing outdoors, but not mosquito & bug bites. From camping to hiking or playing in the backyard, Kids Herbal Armor is an effective bug spray for kids. Also, it won’t spoil clothes or camping gear.
- DEET-FREE: This formula helps protect from bug bites effectively. Kids Herbal Armor is environmentally friendly & non-irritating to kids’ sensitive skin; a perfect choice for the whole family.
- ACTIVE LIFESTYLE: Started by an outdoor enthusiast, All Terrain offers a broad line of safe & effective insect repellents, sunscreens, topical first aid & itch relief products using natural ingredients
- ALL TERRAIN: We are committed to providing safe & effective, environmentally-friendly, cruelty-free skincare protection products to help you & your family live active, healthy lives.
Additional Info :
Badger – Anti-Bug Shake & Spray, DEET-Free Natural Bug Spray, Eco-Friendly, Certified Organic Mosquito Spray, Great for Kids, Insect Repellent, 2.7 Fl Oz
Price : $9.99 ($3.70 / Fl Oz)
- ALL NATURAL BUG SPRAY – Badger Anti-Bug Shake & Spray repels insects naturally with the pleasant aroma of Citronella, Rosemary, and Lemongrass essential oils. These pure essential oils naturally keep bugs, mosquitos, and insects away from you and your family.
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Badger mosquito repellent spray doesn’t contain synthetic chemicals, DEET, or petroleum products. Tested to provide 3 hours of protection from mosquitos. Gluten-Free, Cruelty Free, & Vegan.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS – Protect yourself and your kids on your next outdoor adventure (hiking, camping, outdoor dining, sports, or a day at the beach) with Badger bug spray.
- CONVENIENT PACKAGING – The aluminum bottle is sturdy, lightweight, easy to carry, and easy to recycle. Available in 4oz and 2.7oz TSA-approved travel sizes.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Badger is a family owned, women-run B Corporation (Benefit Corp) making organic bug sprays and other natural skin care products that we use on our own families in rural New Hampshire since 1995. Read our ingredients, see what others say about our products, and try them for yourself.
Additional Info :
Sallye Ander “No-Bite-Me” All-Natural Bug & Insect Repellent – Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price: $14.95 ($7.48 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, creates a strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
Greenerways Organic Bug Spray for Kids, Kid Friendly Natural Mosquito Repellent, USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Mosquito-Repellent, Bug Repellant, Clothing DEET-Free – 4Oz
Price: $7.97 ($1.99 / Fl Oz)
- ORGANIC KIDS BUG SPRAY – Size 4FL OZ – Certified Organic Mosquito Repellent for Kids. Kid-Safe Bug Spray for Toddlers, Baby, Children, and Adults.
- DEET-FREE MOSQUITO REPELLENT SPRAYS – Naturally repels mosquitos, bugs, ticks, flying insects, and green headed flies so you can have more fun outside with your family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Enjoy the benefits of soothing essential oil-based natural insect repellent for kids and adults, Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Deet-Free, No Parabens, No Phthalates, Hypoallergenic
- BUG REPELLANT FOR SAFE OUTDOOR FUN – our organic kid’s bug sprays are good for hiking, fishing, hunting, and camping, and safe on clothing and furnishings
- GREENWAYS STORY | We believe all families deserve healthy affordable choices for an organic lifestyle. -Founder & Mompreneur, Jayme Bella
Additional Info :
BuzzPatch Mosquito Patch Stickers for Kids (60 Pack) – The Original Natural, Plant-Based Ingredients, Non-Toxic, DEET Free, Citronella Essential Oil Insect Patch, for Toddlers, Kids
Price: $14.99 ($0.25 / Count)
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Created with you and your kids in mind. This mosquito repellant sticker is made with all-natural, plant-based ingredients. BuzzPatch is non-toxic and DEET-free and uses the most effective and safe essential oil combination.
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT, EFFECTIVE: Instant and most effective in the first 8 hours but continues to be effective for 24-72 hours. Long lasting, easy to apply, and environmentally friendly.
- KID FRIENDLY, PARENT APPROVED – Kids love the colorful, cute smiley patterns that are comfortable to wear and fast to apply. Parents love that they can keep their babies, toddlers, and kids protected without harmful chemicals.
- MEDICAL GRADE ADHESIVE PATCHES – Non-woven fabric patches are medical grade and water-resistant. These pleasant-smelling patches will be your new favorite for the whole family
- MULTI-USE FUNCTION – Perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, and adults. Convenient, the small package is perfect for on-the-go travel. Great for hiking, vacation, backyard, camping, patio, and parks. Protects day and night.
Additional Info :
There are many natural bug repellents for kids available to keep your children safe from bug bites. All of these natural products are made with essential oils and other natural ingredients that keep the bugs away but do not harm your child.
Many people believe that DEET is the only way to keep bugs away from their children, but this is not true. DEET can be harmful in large doses and can cause side effects such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, and vomiting. It can also cause damage to the central nervous system if used repeatedly.
There are many other natural products that will keep bugs away without causing any harm to your child’s health or well-being. The most effective way to protect your child is by using a combination of different methods.