Why spray pesticides on your plants to kill pests when there are natural, pesticide-free repellents you can use to repel insects naturally for up to eight months?
If you want to keep your plants pest and bug-free, you can make your own natural plants with bug repellent using common ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen cupboard. Not only will this help keep your plant bug-free, but it is non-toxic for the environment and safe for children and pets.
There are many ways to prevent bugs from infesting your plants. You can use pesticides, which contain chemicals that kill insects. Or you can use natural bug repellents, which are made with ingredients found in nature.
Natural bug repellents work by masking the smell of your plants’ sap or juices. The scent of the repellent lures insects away from the plant and towards it instead. The insects will then feed on the plant’s leaves or roots, causing them harm without doing any damage whatsoever to your plants.
There are many different types of natural bug repellants available for purchase online. They range from simple homemade concoctions like vinegar mixed with water or baking soda mixed with oil; to more complex formulas such as citronella oil mixed with water; or rosemary leaves crushed into a paste with water and then spread over each leaf surface of your plant (this type of formula works best for outdoor plants).
What Is the Best Natural Insect Repellent for Plants?
There are many different types of natural insect repellents for plants, including neem oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper, but the best insect repellent for your plant is one that works for you.
If you’re looking for an all-natural insect repellent to use on your plants, then neem oil may be just what you need. Neem oil is derived from the neem tree and can help keep insects away from your plants. The oil is made from crushing seeds from the tree’s fruit, which contain natural pesticides that deter insects from attacking your plants.
Garlic and cayenne pepper can also be effective at keeping certain insects away from your garden. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that are toxic to many insects, while cayenne pepper contains capsaicin—an irritant that repels many plant pests like aphids or beetles.
Can You Spray Vinegar on Plants to Keep Bugs Away?
You can spray vinegar on plants to keep bugs away by diluting it with water and spraying it over the plant. Vinegar is an organic substance, so it will not harm the plant in any way. It will actually help the plant by killing off fungi and other harmful organisms that could be affecting its health.
The best way to use vinegar as an insect repellent is to mix one part water with three parts vinegar in a spray bottle, then spray it over the plants you want to protect from bugs. Vinegar is especially effective against ants because they hate its smell.
What to Put Around Plants to Keep Bugs Away?
If you’re a gardener, then you know how frustrating it can be when pests threaten your plants. You’ve tried everything from organic pesticides to home remedies, but you still haven’t been able to find something that works.
You’re not alone.
Most people want to grow their own produce, but it’s hard to do when pests are constantly threatening their crops. And if you don’t have a green thumb or an understanding of how plants work, it can be even more challenging. Fortunately, there are some easy ways to keep insects away from your plants without causing damage or harm to yourself or the environment. Here are some things you can try:
Baking soda: This common household product is great at repelling ants and other bugs because the powdery substance sticks to their bodies and makes them uncomfortable. Sprinkle some around your garden area and watch as they go elsewhere.
Vinegar: Vinegar is another substance that repels ants and other insects because it’s acidic in nature (similar to baking soda). It also has a strong smell that bugs don’t like. Soak cotton balls in vinegar and place them around your plants, you’ll see results within days.
How Do I Make Natural Garden Bug Repellent?
There are many ways to make your own natural garden bug repellent. A lot of these methods are easy and cheap, but there is no one-size-fits-all method for making your own garden bug repellent.
The first step is to find out what kind of bugs you are trying to get rid of. Once you know what kind of bug is bugging you, it becomes easier to figure out which natural ingredients will work best against them. For example, if the bugs are aphids or mealybugs, then citrus oil can be used as an insecticide because it contains limonene, which kills these kinds of insects on contact when they come into contact with it.
However, if you’re dealing with gnats or other flying insects that don’t land on plants or fruit like aphids do then lemon eucalyptus oil might be better suited for this purpose because it contains cineole which is a natural insecticide that repels mosquitoes and other flying insects without harming humans or animals when consumed orally (which means we can use it in our homes without worrying about pets).
list of Natural Bug Repellent For Plants
The following is a list of natural bug repellents for plants.
Murphy’s Naturals Lemon Eucalyptus Oil Insect Repellent Spray | DEET Free | Plant Based, All Natural Ingredients | Mosquito and Tick Repellent | 4 Ounce Pump Spray | 2 Pack
Price: $21.99 ($2.75 / Fl Oz)
- Protects Against Mosquitoes for up to 6 Hours: Without any nasty chemicals like DEET, you’ll have up to 6 hours of worry-free protection on your next adventure
- Protects Against Ticks for up to 4 Hours: Our specially formulated spray provides protection against deer ticks for up to 4 hours, as well as lone star and brown dog ticks for up to 8 hours
- Harness the Power of Natural Plant-Based Ingredients: 30% Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus, 70% Distilled Water and Ethanol made from Corn
- Doesn’t Harm Gear: Spray on your skin or gear, and enjoy the natural power from the only plant-based repellent recommended by the CDC
- No Dyes, No Synthetic Fragrances, No Harsh Chemicals
Additional Info :
OFF! Botanicals Deet-Free Insect Repellent, Plant-Based Bug Spray & Mosquito Repellent, 4 oz
Price : $5.89 ($1.47 / Fl Oz)
- OFF! Botanicals Insect Repellent Spritz effectively repels mosquitoes, black flies, gnats, and no-see-ums
- Made with a plant-based active ingredient and contains no added dyes
- The pump spritz allows for easy application and won’t damage clothing or gear
- Proven to protect from mosquitoes* (Every OFF! brand insect repellent is evaluated to prove it repels mosquitoes when used as directed)
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry West Nile virus
Additional Info :
California Baby Plant-Based Natural Bug Repellant Spray (6.5 fl. oz.) Skin Safe, Plant-Based Formula for Babies, Toddlers, Kids | Outdoor Protection from Mosquitoes (1 Pack)
Price: $23.95 ($3.68 / Fl Oz)
- Premium Baby Insect Repellent. More than a mosquito repellent for kids, this fast-absorbing spray can also repel biting flies, ticks, and fleas.
- Full Body Protection. This plant-based bug spray can be sprayed over arms, legs, and exposed skin, as well as external clothing and layers.
- No harsh Chemicals. Protecting your baby is as important to you as it is to us, which is why our bug repellent contains no DEET or other harsh chemicals.
- Pure, plant-based Ingredients. We only use pure essential oils in our formula, including lemongrass, cedar, and citronella, for true cruelty-free protection.
- Unbeatable Quality Assurance. As a brand trusted by parents all over, we aim to provide you with the fastest, most reliable product and customer support possible.
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent, Mosquito Repellent, Pump Spray, 4-Ounce, Pack of 2
Price: $15.90 ($1.99 / Fl Oz)
- MADE WITH OIL OF LEMON EUCALYPTUS: This DEET-free insect repellent provides you with protection during adventures in the backyard and on the go.
- REPELS MOSQUITOES FOR UP TO 6 HOURS: This repellent keeps you and your family protected for hours, so the fun doesn’t have to end.
- REFRESHING SCENT: This DEET-free personal repellent leaves you with a cool, refreshing scent so you don’t have to put up with the usual bug spray smell.
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya viruses.
- NOT GREASY OR STICKY: Formulated with oil of lemon eucalyptus to provide protection without leaving your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
Additional Info :
The many benefits of using natural bug repellent for plants are clear. It’s safe, effective, and cost-effective. Not only that, but it’s better for the environment than most commercial insecticides. It helps to protect your plants from pests without the need for harmful chemicals.
You can also use these products in conjunction with other methods of pest control such as organic pesticides or traps.