Fleas are a common problem for all dogs, but especially for those living in warmer climates. They’re tiny, wingless insects that feed on blood from their hosts. While they can survive without food for up to two months, they’re most active when it’s warm outside and there are plenty of hosts around. These little pests are known to cause a host of problems, including skin irritation and hair loss if left untreated.
So how do you get rid of fleas? You have three options: natural remedies, regular treatments from your vet, or both. Natural remedies are generally considered safer than chemical-based treatments, but they may not provide immediate relief for your pet or prevent future attacks from occurring. If you want to avoid harsh chemicals on your dog’s skin (or yours), then natural methods might be best for you.
Vet-recommended treatments usually contain pyrethrins or permethrin as their active ingredient(s). These chemicals can kill off fleas within 24 hours of being applied topically onto your dog’s skin; however, they may also cause some side effects such as itching and burning sensations when applied directly onto fur/skin.
Fleas can be a nuisance for your dog. They want to make your dog’s life miserable, and they will do anything in their power to make this happen. Fleas can cause your dog to lose its hair and become itchy, leading to sickness and unhealthy life.
When it comes to getting rid of these pests, there are many different methods that you can use. But the best one is to use natural cures instead of using chemicals or pesticides that can harm your dog in the long run.
What Kills Fleas on Dogs Instantly Naturally?
Fleas are a major problem for dogs, but they can also be a problem for you. Fleas are tiny insects that live off of your dog’s blood and can cause problems in other areas of your home. If you have a pet, it’s important to keep them flea-free. There are many ways you can prevent flea infestations, but if your dog is already infested with fleas, here are some natural remedies that will kill fleas on your dog instantly.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective natural remedies for killing flea eggs and larvae. It contains acetic acid which kills the insects by dehydrating their bodies. Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into 1 quart of water and spray it directly on your dog’s coat where there are signs of fleas or where ticks may be hiding in the fur (such as around the neck area). Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water then repeat this process once every week until all signs of infestation have cleared up completely then continue using this solution twice per month to prevent any future outbreaks from happening again.
This natural remedy works by dehydrating the flea larva and causing it to die within 24 hours of being treated with it. It is safe for both humans and animals and can be used internally or externally depending on what works best for each individual case.
Eucalyptus oil works well against fleas because it contains active ingredients such as eucalyptol which acts as an insecticide killing adult fleas as well as larvae in their tracks without causing any harm to humans or pets consuming it orally on daily basis over an extended period of time
What Is the Best Homemade Flea Killer?
The best homemade flea killer is a combination of rubbing alcohol and dish soap. To make this spray, fill a spray bottle with equal parts rubbing alcohol and dish soap. Shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients, then spray the mixture on your pet’s fur. The mixture will coat your pet’s fur and cause fleas to fall off.
The second best homemade flea killer is diatomaceous earth (DE). This product is non-toxic to humans and pets, but it is deadly to fleas by drying them out from the inside out. To use DE as a flea killer, sprinkle it around your home (especially wherever your pet spends most of its time), then vacuum it up once or twice per week for three weeks in a row.
Will Vinegar Kill Fleas on Dogs?
Vinegar is a great all-natural alternative to many over-the-counter flea treatments. It’s a great natural disinfectant, it kills germs and bacteria, and it can even help relieve your dog’s skin of itching by drying out the fleas’ eggs.
In fact, vinegar is so effective at killing fleas that you should be careful not to use too much. It can actually irritate your dog’s skin if you use it too much. If you’re going to use vinegar on your dog’s skin, make sure you only use a small amount at a time and let it air dry before applying more.
When using vinegar as an insecticide on your dog’s fur or skin, make sure you dilute it with water first before applying it directly onto their body.
How to Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs When Nothing Works
There are several ways to get rid of fleas on dogs, but you might be surprised at how many options there actually are.
Let’s start with the most common way: using a flea treatment shampoo. These shampoos have been designed to kill fleas and help prevent them from coming back again. They’re made with ingredients like pyrethrin, which is an insecticide that can be dangerous if consumed in large quantities. You’ll want to use these shampoos carefully, and make sure you don’t get any in your dog’s eyes or mouth while they’re still wet.
If you prefer something a bit less… toxic? You may want to consider using an herbal treatment instead. Herbs like pennyroyal or rosemary are often used in homemade flea treatments because they are known to repel insects like fleas away from the area where they’re applied. You can also find these herbs in premade sprays or shampoos that can be used on dogs safely without any side effects.
Another great option for getting rid of fleas naturally is diatomaceous earth (DE). This substance is made from tiny fossilized shells called diatoms that act as natural pesticides when crushed up into dust-like particles and spread across surfaces where fleas are located.
list of Natural Cure For Fleas On Dogs
There are many different types of flea treatments on the market today—from sprays and powders that kill adult fleas right away, to topical liquids that kill flea eggs.
Natural Flea and Tick Cures: How to control fleas and ticks on your dog or cat with natural & safe treatments (Flea and Tick Prevention Book 1)
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 16 oz
Price: $24.99 ($1.56 / Fl Oz)
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that’s powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Four Leaf Rover: Immunity – Immune Supporting Organic Mushroom Complex for Dogs – Up to 60 Servings, Depending on Dog’s Weight – Rich in Beta Glucans – Grown on Wood – Vet Formulated for All Breeds
Price: $34.99 ($34.99 / Count)
- Support your dog’s immunity and longevity with beta-glucans: Whole mushrooms are the richest source of beta-glucans, which help activate the immune cells responsible for trapping and eliminating harmful foreign particles in the body. Overall, it provides powerful immune support and helps increase your dog’s chances for a long and happy life.
- Grown on wood, not on grains: Most mushroom products are grown on oats or rice, but ours are grown on wood, the way nature intended. As a result, they are rich in beta-glucans. Most mushroom powder products use mycelium grown on oats or rice, but it’s easy to spot them because they’re light brown in color, not the dark-rich cocoa color of real mushrooms.
- Made from 7 organic superfood mushrooms: Each carefully chosen mushroom provides unique benefits on top of its beta-glucan content–from supporting gut probiotics to providing a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Our unique blend is especially beneficial to your dog when they feel unwell, are undergoing stress or are recovering from surgery. It is also good to have when you are traveling with your dog.
- Why to choose our nutraceuticals for your dog: Unlike most pet products with hidden ingredients, ours are made from whole foods. We believe that every dog should be able to enjoy fresh, organic products with absolutely no fillers, additives, or ingredients from questionable sources.
- Your dog’s health and satisfaction are our priority: We stand behind our products 100%. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, we offer a 30-day, full product refund. No questions. No hassles. Just let us know.
Additional Info :
Dog Whisperer Tick + Flea Repellent, All-Natural, Extra Strength, Effective on Dogs and Their People (4 Ounce Spray)
Price: $11.98 ($3.00 / FL Oz)
- Proven Effective: Our maximum strength repellent works naturally and effectively to keep ticks and fleas off of your dog, and you. Proven effective and independently lab tested for efficacy so you and your furry friend can roam freely
- Easy Application: Simply spray our natural flea and tick prevention spray directly on your dog from head to tail, focusing on legs, underbelly, and neck. Safe for use on skin, apparel, gear, and hair too. Reapply as needed to ensure effectiveness
- Fresh, Herbal Scent: Pleasant, uplifting herbal scent to keep your dog smelling fresh. Non-irritating, non-greasy, 100% plant-based, vegan, and cruelty-free. Deet-free and has no permethrin, clove, eugenol, alcohol, chemicals, or synthetics. Made in the USA
- All Natural Formula: Our extra strength bug spray formula contains therapeutic grade essential oils of cedarwood, peppermint, rosemary, geranium, lemongrass, and thyme, and certified organic castor and soybean oils
- Safe for Dogs and Their People: A safe essential oil insect repellent for all dog breeds, adults, kids, and puppies over 12 weeks. Works to repel ticks, fleas, black flies, mosquitoes, and other bugs while you’re out and about with your dog
Additional Info :
At the end of the day, there is no one cure-all for fleas. However, if your dog has fleas, you can use these remedies to help get rid of them.
Make sure that your dog is not suffering from any other health problems and that he/she is being fed properly and has plenty of exercises. Fleas are not just an annoyance for dogs but can actually be dangerous as well.
If your dog has flea bites or if you think that it might have fleas then it is important to treat them quickly because otherwise, it could lead to bigger problems like worms or anemia.