Mosquitoes are one of the most common pests that you’ll encounter in your yard, especially during summer. You can use a variety of methods to repel mosquitoes, including natural repellents and commercial products. One of the most effective ways to protect yourself against mosquitoes is to create your own natural diy mosquito repellent.
Mosquitoes are drawn to certain scents, such as sweat and blood, so if you have a mosquito problem in your yard, it’s important to keep them away from these smells. You can do this by using citronella candles or plants that repel mosquitoes. Citronella candles are made from plant oils and will help keep mosquitoes away from your space without having to spray anything on yourself or your surroundings.
You can also make a homemade mosquito repellent spray using essential oils like lemon eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil mixed with water and vinegar. The mixture will help repel mosquitoes without having any harmful chemicals around for children or pets to inhale while they’re playing outside during warm weather months when they’re most likely going out into their backyard or garden area where they’re more exposed.”
What Smell Do Mosquitoes Hate?
If you’re not a fan of getting bit by mosquitoes, who is? you might be wondering what smell they hate the most. There are quite a few options out there, including some that are more effective than others. Here’s a look at some of the most popular options:
Lemon Eucalyptus Oil: This oil has been proven to repel mosquitoes and other insects for up to 12 hours. It works because it contains citronellal, which is what gives lemon eucalyptus its distinctive scent. You can combine this oil with lavender essential oil for longer-lasting protection (up to 24 hours).
Citronella Oil: Citronella oil has also been shown to repel mosquitoes and other insects. The best part is that you can use it in soap, candles, and lotions as well as sprays or oils.
Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus oil will also keep mosquitoes away, but it’s not as effective as lemon eucalyptus or citronella oils because it doesn’t contain any citronellal. However, eucalyptus has other benefits, it’s great for soothing sore muscles.
What Home Remedy Gets Rid of Mosquitoes Naturally?
Mosquitoes are a huge problem in many parts of the world, and they can ruin your outdoor activities. In order to get rid of mosquitoes naturally, you must know what attracts them.
Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2 and lactic acid, so pregnant women should be careful when outside. They also like the smell of sweaty feet and perfumes, so avoid wearing those things when outdoors.
There are many home remedies that can help you get rid of mosquitoes naturally. One such remedy is lemon balm oil combined with lavender oil and rubbed directly on your skin.
Another home remedy for getting rid of mosquitoes naturally is apple cider vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle to keep bugs away from you as well as your yard or garden area.
DIY Natural Mosquito Repellent Using Essential Oils
A natural mosquito repellent is a great way to keep mosquitoes at bay without using harmful chemicals or toxic bug sprays. This DIY mosquito repellent uses essential oils to keep the bugs away, and you can use it as a body spray or an essential oil diffuser that will repel mosquitoes all around your home.
There are many essential oils that you can use for mosquito repellents, including citronella, lemongrass, eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint. Most of these oils have been shown to have some level of effectiveness against mosquitoes when they are used in combination with other ingredients or carrier oils.
Citronella oil works well as a natural pesticide against mosquitoes because it contains geraniol and geraniol acetate; both of these compounds are known to be effective at repelling mosquitoes. If you’re looking for something with a bit more bite, try adding geranium oil to your mixture; this oil has been shown to have an even stronger effect than citronella in terms of repelling mosquitoes.
What Is the Best Homemade Mosquito Repellent?
The best homemade mosquito repellent is made from ingredients you already have in your home, and it’s easy to make.
The best way to make a natural mosquito repellent is to combine lemon juice with some water and a few drops of lavender or eucalyptus oil. Lemon juice has been shown to be one of the most effective natural insect repellents available, while lavender oil has long been used as an insect repellent. Eucalyptus oil also has insect-repelling properties.
You can add these oils to any type of liquid (water, vinegar, alcohol) that you’d like. You’ll want to mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of either lavender or eucalyptus oil. Store this mixture in a spray bottle so it’s ready when you need it.
list of Natural Diy Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito repellent is a must-have when you go out camping or hiking. The good news is that natural mosquito repellents are easy to make and smell great.
Below you will find a list of the best homemade mosquito repellents.
Murphy’s Naturals Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks | DEET Free with Plant-Based Essential Oils | 2.5 Hour Protection | 12 Sticks per Tube | 2 Pack
Price: $24.00 ($1.00 / Count)
- 2.5 Hours of Mosquito Protection: Enjoy Life Outdoors with our mosquito-repellent incense sticks – a natural and effective solution to all your mosquito troubles
- Harness the Power of Nature: We use a combination of plant-based repellent oils that other manufacturers tend to overlook, to provide you with the best mosquito protection
- Five Key Plant-Based Repellent Oils: Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citronella Oil, Lemongrass oil, Cedarwood Oil
- Provides Protection For 12ft Area: Once the stick catches flame for 10-20 seconds, blow it out and place it in a holder or pot filled with sand around your desired area for a mosquito-free evening
- No Petroleum, No Synthetic Fragrances, No Harsh Chemicals: No questionable fillers for hours of worry-free relief.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – EcoTreat Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito, Ant, Insect Repellent, Treatment, and Killer – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, Kids – 32 oz
Price: $34.99 ($34.99 / Count)
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, Japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers, or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe around cats, dogs, and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach it directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate.
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances, or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty-free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – EcoTreat Outdoor Pest Control Spray Concentrate with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito, Ant, Roach, and Insect Killer, Treatment, and Repellent – Safe for Pets, Plants, Kids – 16 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this plant-powered spray is handcrafted with the purest natural essential oils. Kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, crickets, chinch bugs, Japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, granules, zappers, or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe for cats, dogs, and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just mix the desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with the recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, patios, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray. Applicator required (not included).
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. Our plant-derived concentrates are effective and powered by natural essential oils. Can be used safely on yards, gardens (including edible gardens), patios, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Non-harsh formula.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies when sprayed outdoors. Permethrin-Free.
Additional Info :
Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks 50 Pieces per Box, Repellent for Patio /Natural Ingredients Citronella Oil/Lemongrass Oil/Made with Natural Based Essential – DEET Free – Mosquito Repellent Outdoor
Price: $14.99 ($0.30 / Count)
- ★ DEARTAGNAN MOSQUITO INCENSE STICKS 50 PIECES
- ★ REPELLENT INCENSE STICKS Are 50 STICK With Burnt Time of 40-45 MIN Approximately (wind May Reduce Burn Time) You Will Receive 50 Repellent Incense Sticks
- ★ NATURAL INGREDIENTS made with plant-based ingredients- DEET FREE and pet-friendly – Smell Pleasant While Deterring Unwanted Guests / DEET FREE — Our Repellent Incense sticks are completely DEET FREE.
- ★ MOSQUITOS OUTDOOR PROTECTION our repellent incense sticks are useful to deter mosquitoes, especially around your favorite outdoor spaces – swimming pool, backyard, porch, patio, camping, picnic, fishing or just working at the garage during mosquito season.
- ★ MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR PATIO OR ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Ideal mosquito protection while outdoors: whether at home on the patio, deck, or backyard; at the park, beach, or pool deck; while camping, fishing or enjoying any other outdoor events.
Additional Info :
UpNature Citronella Essential Oil – 100% Natural & Pure, Undiluted, Premium Quality Aromatherapy Oil- Keeps Insects and Mosquitos Away Naturally – Treat Fevers & Headaches, 4oz
Price: $15.99 ($4.00 / Ounce)
- HIGH-QUALITY CITRONELLA OIL: 100% pure, gentle, and effective natural citronella essential oil. No toxins, or additives. Unfiltered and undiluted. Therapeutic grade. Steam distilled. Non-GMO. Sourced in Indonesia. Packaged & bottled in the USA.
- MADE WITH LOVE: UpNature was founded by two brothers with a vision to provide 100% all-natural products for easy, effective, & natural solutions for health & well-being, so everybody can live happier and healthier lives.
- GREAT FOR AROMATHERAPY: Place in a diffuser to help prevent and treat fevers and headaches, and help remove toxins. Also a natural diuretic.
- SAFETY PRECAUTION: For external use only. Recommended Essential Oil Safety is to dilute with a carrier oil before applying it to your skin to minimize adverse reactions. We recommend that you patch-test the oils for topical use. Dilute a small amount of the essential oil with a carrier oil of choice to clean the skin on the inside of your elbow or wrist. Cover with a bandage and leave for 24 hours. If a rash or redness appears, discontinue the use of the product.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We offer a full 100% 365 days money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with Up Nature Citronella Oil, we will refund your entire purchase.
Additional Info :
The DIY mosquito repellent recipe is a good alternative to commercial repellents. It can be used on children and pets without any side effects. The best part is that it is cheap and easy to prepare.
It is also safe for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers as it is not harmful to the baby. If you are planning to go camping or hiking, this is a great way to keep mosquitoes away from you and your family.