Fleas are insects that feed on the blood of mammals, including humans, dogs, and cats. They can be found in most parts of the world. Ticks are also insects that feed on animals’ blood but unlike fleas, they’re not parasites, they don’t live on their hosts as fleas do. Instead, they attach themselves to their hosts with their mouthparts and feed off of their blood until they’re fully grown or die off before then.
Fleas and ticks are pesky little creatures that can cause a lot of trouble for your pets and your family. They can also lead to some serious health problems in your pets, as well as other animals. Some people may be allergic to flea bites and ticks. There are a few different types of fleas and ticks. The most common types of fleas in North America are the cat flea, dog flea, and human flea. There are about 2,000 species of ticks worldwide, but only about 15 species live in North America.
The best way to prevent these pests from infesting your home is by using natural methods such as diatomaceous earth (DE) and essential oils like citrus oil or eucalyptus oil.* In fact, DE works so well because the tiny particles cut through the waxy layer on an insect’s exoskeleton causing them to dry out and die with just one application.
When it comes to essential oils, have been used for thousands of years for their healing properties.* But did you know that they can also repel insects like mosquitoes?* Citrus oils contain d-limonene which works as an insect repellent when sprayed onto clothing.
What Is the Best Homemade Flea Repellent?
If you’re looking for a way to keep your dog free of fleas and ticks, you might be tempted to try some homemade remedies. There are many different kinds of natural flea repellents that can be made at home and applied to your dog’s skin or fur. These include essential oils, herbal extracts, and natural pesticides.
Essential oils are one of the most popular homemade flea-repellent ingredients. They are derived from plants or flowers, and they have an unpleasant odor that’s too strong for humans but repels insects like fleas and ticks. Essential oils can be mixed with other ingredients such as water or alcohol to create a spray that can be applied directly onto your dog’s skin or fur.
Herbal extracts are another popular ingredient in homemade flea repellents because they contain active compounds known as terpenes and phenols that have been shown in studies to repel various types of insects including mosquitoes and ticks. However, not all herbs will work effectively against pests like fleas.
What Home Remedy Kills Fleas and Ticks on Dogs?
The first step to killing fleas and ticks is to identify which type of pest is bothering your dog. Fleas can be identified by their jumping behavior, their biting, and their black color. Ticks are harder to identify, but they can be distinguished by their brown color and the fact that they attach themselves to your dog’s skin.
Once you’ve identified the pest and how to kill it, you can use a number of home remedies for flea and tick control. Some people recommend using natural products such as rosemary oil or garlic extract. These products work by irritating the insects and causing them to leave the host animal. Another option is pyrethrin spray, which can be purchased at pet stores or online. It works similarly to rosemary oil but is much more effective at killing pests such as fleas and ticks because it contains insecticidal compounds derived from chrysanthemums.
What Smells Will Keep Fleas Away?
If you want to keep fleas away from your home and pets, you can try a number of different things. But some of the best ways are pretty simple.
One simple way to keep fleas away is by using a lavender-infused collar or spray. The smell of lavender is known to repel them. You can also use peppermint oil and put it in your vacuum bag or around the house to get rid of them.
You can also try using essential oils like citronella, tea tree oil, and lemongrass oil. These can be used as sprays or candles around your home and even on your pet’s bedding if they’re having trouble sleeping through the night because of the bugs crawling all over their skin.
How Do You Make Natural Flea Repellent?
Fleas are a common problem for dogs and cats. They can cause serious itching and discomfort in your pet, as well as transmit diseases such as tapeworms. Fleas also carry the plague, which can be fatal to your pet.
To prevent fleas from infesting your house and yard, you must first treat your pet with a topical or oral flea treatment. Once your pet has been treated, it will not be able to get rid of the fleas on its own. You must apply a natural flea repellent to prevent any other eggs or larvae from hatching. You may also want to apply an insect growth regulator (IGR) to kill off any larvae that have already hatched before they grow into adults and start laying eggs again.
Making natural flea repellent is a simple process. You’ll need:
-Citronella essential oil
-Peppermint essential oil
-Aloe vera gel (optional)
-Apple cider vinegar (optional)
1) Pour one cup of water into a spray bottle and add two drops of citronella and peppermint essential oils. Shake well to combine. If you’d like a more potent repellent, increase the amount of water slightly.
2) If desired, add 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel per cup of water (if you don’t have aloe vera on hand, use apple cider vinegar instead). Shake well again to combine. This will give your homemade flea repellent more power than just water alone. You can also add one tablespoon of alkaline liquid soap per cup of water if you’d prefer something with a little more cleaning power; this will help keep unwanted pests out of your yard as well.
3) After shaking your mixture well, spray it directly onto your pet’s fur. It’s best to start with their feet because fleas tend to congregate there first.You can also spray any areas where they sleep or hang out.
list of Natural Flea And Tick Repellent
There are a variety of different types of natural flea and tick repellents you can use on your pet. Some are made from essential oils like eucalyptus or lemongrass and others contain herbs like rosemary or citronella. Regardless of what kind you choose, they all work by helping to repel the insects or parasites that could potentially carry diseases like Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick Repellent Collar for Small Dogs – Natural Protection from Fleas & Ticks – Fits Small & Medium Dogs – Made with Natural Active Ingredients
- Powerful Pest Deterrent – Collars provide full-body protection against irritating fleas and ticks
- Long-Lasting Pest Control – When used as directed, the collar’s natural* yet powerful ingredients help to effectively repel fleas and ticks for up to four months
- Perfect Fit for Small & Medium Dogs – Adjustable collar offers a flexible fit for both small and medium dog breeds with neck sizes up to 20″
- Water-Proof Solution – Dogs are free to splash and play. The collar’s repellent effects will not wash away in, or around, water
- Cleaner Solution – Natural active ingredients offer a healthier alternative to synthetic products made with pyrethrins or permethrins
- Pair & Protect – Use with other TropiClean Natural* Flea & Tick Products such as Max Strength Shampoo or Home Spray for additional pest protection
- European Made – Manufactured with care in France
- For use on dogs 4 months and older
- TropiClean Pet Products offers a full range of naturally derived dog and cat products including TropiClean Grooming Products, SPA by TropiClean, TropiClean OxyMed, TropiClean PerfectFur, TropiClean Enticers, and TropiClean Fresh Breath Products
- Contains one (1) TropiClean Natural Flea and Tick Repellent Collar for Small Dogs
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 16 oz
Price: $24.99 ($1.56 / Fl Oz)
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact and repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that are powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, AND CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty-free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Ark Naturals Flea Flicker Tick Kicker Flea and Tick Repellent, for Cats and Dogs, Repels and Kills Fleas, Ticks, and Mosquitoes, Natural Botanical Formula, 8 oz. Bottle
- Includes (1) 8 oz. bottle of Ark Naturals Flea Flicker Tick Kicker. Natural Flea and Tick Repellent
- Flea and Tick repellant formulated for all cat and dog breeds
- Naturally repels and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes by contact
- Made with geraniol (from geraniums), Eugenol (from cloves, and peppermint
- Made in the USA and free of corn, soy, wheat, and artificial colorings and preservatives
Additional Info :
Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs and Cats | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats | Flea Killer with Certified Natural Oils | 14 Ounces
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, drapes, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Spot-on Drops | Topical Flea Treatment Drops for Dogs | Flea killer with Certified Natural Oils | 3-8 Month Supply for Various Dog Sizes
Price: $17.14 ($28.57 / Fl Oz)
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Spot-On Formula kills and repels fleas and ticks with natural ingredients.
- NATURAL FORMULA: Spot-On uses key, natural ingredients (clove leaf oil, thyme white oil, and cinnamon oil) with absolutely no pyrethrins, permethrins, or cedar oil
- EASY APPLICATION: Simply use the supplied dropper applicator and squeeze the specified amount between the shoulder blades and base of the tail.
- SAFE TO USE FOR DOGS: Formulated for dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older when used as directed.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
If you have a dog, you know that fleas are a real problem. These tiny insects can cause your dog to scratch and bite itself, which can lead to infections and even other health problems. They can also carry diseases that are harmful to both humans and animals.
The best way to avoid fleas is by using a natural flea repellent. There are many different options available, including herbal sprays and homemade remedies. The best home remedy is one that will repel fleas without causing harm to your pet or others in your household.