Fly repellent can be used in various ways around the home. It can be sprayed in the garden to keep flies away from plants, or it can be applied to walls near the doorway of a house to keep flies away from coming inside. It’s also an effective way to keep flies away from food when you are cooking outside. This recipe for homemade fly repellent is easy to make and requires only two ingredients: apple cider vinegar and water.
Vinegar can be used as a natural fly repellent in the yard and around the house.
The fly repellent is simply vinegar diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1 (pour 1 cup of vinegar and then 1 cup of water). It must be stored in a container that can withstand extreme heat and be applied when the temperature is above 80 degrees. Sunlight helps it evaporate quickly, so you don’t have to worry about the smell sticking around for long after you spray your pet or plants. A great advantage of this product is that it’s also effective against mosquitoes, deer ticks, chiggers, fleas, and gnats, making it one of the most versatile options for dealing with pests.
Ever have a fly buzzing around near your food? It is not only annoying but very unhygienic. While they may just be innocent bystanders looking for a place to land, you can’t help but imagine that they would be happy dropping a nice blob of doo-doo on your dinner before you even get the chance to try it. It’s no wonder then that most people reach for a fly swatter and squish them to extinction.
Does Vinegar Keep Fly Away?
Vinegar is a surprisingly good way to keep flies away.
Vinegar is an acetic acid that is made by the fermentation of ethanol. It’s used in everything from salad dressings and marinades to pickling, cleaning, and preserving. In addition to being useful for keeping your kitchen clean and smelling fresh, vinegar also has some surprising uses around the house. One of those uses is keeping flies away.
Vinegar has been used for centuries as a natural fly repellent because of its strong smell. The smell is so strong that it will repel even the most persistent of flies from your home or yard. It’s especially effective against fruit flies, which are notoriously difficult to get rid of once they make themselves at home in your home or garden.
Vinegar can be used in many different ways if you want to keep flies away from your home or yard:
What Do You Mix With Vinegar to Keep Flies Away?
If you’re looking to keep flies away from your home, you may have heard that vinegar can be an effective solution. But how do you use it?
Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and can be used as a cleaning agent. It also has a strong odor, which doesn’t appeal to flies. When you mix vinegar with other substances, it becomes more potent at repelling flies.
Vinegar works best when combined with other strong-smelling substances such as eucalyptus oil or cayenne pepper. These ingredients are also good for keeping away other pests like ants and cockroaches.
To make your own fly-repellent spray, add 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar to a spray bottle. Then add 10 drops of eucalyptus oil or 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want it). Shake until well combined and shake again before each use as the ingredients will separate over time.
Spray this mixture around your house whenever there are flies present – especially in areas where they congregate (such as near garbage cans or pet food dishes).
Homemade Spray to Keep Flies Away
The best way to keep flies away from your home is with a homemade spray that has a strong scent. This will keep the flies from wanting to come near your home and will help prevent them from getting inside.
You can make this spray in just a few minutes. All you need is water and some essential oils.
The essential oils you will want to use for this recipe are peppermint, lavender, and lemon. These are all very effective at keeping flies away because they have a strong scent that flies do not like. You can also add tea tree oil if you want to create an extra potent mixture that will last longer than other blends of essential oils.
You should also consider adding dish soap or vinegar into your mixture if you have issues with fruit flies or other types of pests that can be attracted by rotting food or trash cans outside of your home (such as ants).
Once you have mixed together all of these ingredients together in a spray bottle then it is time to test out how well it works by spraying some around where the problem area was located (for example: near trash cans outside or near bathrooms inside).
list of Natural Fly Repellent Vinegar
Vinegar is a natural fly repellent that works well for keeping flies away from your home. It’s a cheap and easy way to keep your home free of flies, and it can also be used to treat some common household pests.
Farnam Equisect Botanical Fly Repellent for Horses, Dogs, and Cats, 32 Ounces, Quart Spray
- THE BOTANICAL fly spray for horses that gets results
- KILLS and repels horn flies, stable flies, house flies, horse flies, deer flies, mosquitoes, and gnats
- KILLS fleas and ticks on dogs and cats
- FORMULATED WITH a blend of pyrethrum, botanicals, and essential oils – citronella, corn mint, thyme, and clove stem
- FRESH herbal fragrance
- AVAILABLE IN 32 oz. Ready-To-Use Spray and Easy Pour 128 oz. Gallon Refill
Additional Info :
Bye Bye Fruit Fly, Natural Fruit Fly Trap, Lures Kitchen Pests
Price: $11.99 ($0.75 / Fl Oz )
- THE NATURAL WAY TO TRAP AND KILL FRUIT FLIES: Keep your kitchen clear of a pesky fruit fly infestation.
- NO PLASTIC TRAPS NEEDED: We know you care about the planet. This product is designed to be used in your own container, a small glass bowl or ramekin will do. No more plastic in landfill.
- HOW IT WORKS: Simply pour the liquid into a small dish and place it near fruit or compost. The flies go in and never come out. When you’ve caught all the little buggers, just pour the liquid (and the flies) down the drain. Bye, Bye Fruit Flies.
- SAFE INDOORS AND OUT: Keeping your family, pets, and food safe is non-negotiable. Rest assured our product is completely non-toxic and can be used anywhere fruit flies are breeding.
- PROVEN VALUE MADE LOCALLY: Each bottle is produced right here in the USA and contains 16 oz. of solution that will last all season depending on usage. Thoughtfully packaged and Earth Friendly.
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Insect and Pest Control Peppermint Oil – Natural Spray for Spiders, Ants, and More – Non Toxic
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
Natural Riches Organic Bug Spray Mosquito Repellent Insect Repellent for Flies Ticks Outdoor Indoor W/Essential Oils Campers Homes Kitchens Ants Spider Roach Eco-Friendly Pet Family Safe 16 oz
Price: $16.50 ($1.03 / Fl Oz)
- Spray blend with essential oils – Repels away insects mosquitos, ants, spiders, biting flies, ticks, fleas, and other types of biting insects. An effective control method for repelling bugs. Pure Essential Oils. Oils extracted from plants.
- Natural Repellent – Naturally repels mosquitos, bugs, ticks, and all types of flying insects, so you can have more fun outside with your family. For all types of outdoor activity to keep the bugs away lasts a long time.
- Full body protection – Natural Riches plant-based Mosquito insect repellent can be sprayed over arms, legs, and exposed skin, as well as external clothing and layers on bed sheets and on furniture and household.
- Pest control mosquito repellent spray – Use it when gardening, hiking, fishing, hunting, or for any type of outdoor activity include it in your camping gear. Organic essential oils – repels rodents and insects with a blend of organic oils, cedarwood oil, citronella oil, Lemongrass oil, Rosemary oil, and geranium oil
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Indoor Pest Control Spray for Home and Kitchen – Ant, Roach, Spider, Fly, Flea, Bug Killer, and Insect Repellent – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe — Rosemary 32 oz
Price: $34.99 ($1.09 / FL Oz)
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home protected. Kills flying, crawling, biting, and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, and waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpets, furniture, bedding, and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, and throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules, and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, dyes, or fragrances. Biodegradable.
- EASY-TO-USE. This plant-derived biopesticide can easily be sprayed around and throughout the home: in the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, cabinets, and appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too. Spray as often as needed for pest control in your home. Made in the USA from ingredients powered by plants. Safe around children and pets and when used as directed.
Additional Info :
Are you tired of getting bitten by flies?
The problem is that most fly repellents contain chemicals, which can cause health and environmental concerns. But there’s a solution: vinegar.
The vinegar naturally repels flies and other insects, making it a safe alternative to chemical-based repellents. You don’t even have to spray it on your skin or clothing, just put it in a bowl or use a cloth soaked in vinegar to keep the flies away.
It’s easy as pie.