Groundhogs are a common problem for homeowners. They can cause a lot of damage and destruction to lawns and gardens, as well as flower beds and vegetable gardens. They also dig holes that can cause your yard to become uneven, which can be dangerous for anyone who is walking on it. Not only that, but groundhogs can be very destructive to the brickwork around your home as well.
There are several ways to get rid of groundhogs from your yard without having to resort to harmful chemicals or traps. One way is by using repellents that will keep them away from the area where they are causing problems. Groundhog repellent can be applied directly onto plants or around the perimeter of your property where there are no plants growing in order to keep them away from these areas where they would otherwise be digging holes and eating plants just for fun.
The best way to control groundhog pests is by using natural repellents. There are many products available that promise to repel these pests but most of these products contain harmful chemicals which can be harmful to you as well as to the environment. It is important to use natural repellents so that you do not harm yourself or pollute the environment with harmful chemicals.
What Will Keep Groundhogs Away?
Groundhogs are a common pest in the United States, especially in the spring and summer. They live in burrows and can be found throughout the country. They feed on plants, insects, and small animals. Groundhogs are not dangerous to humans, but they can cause extensive damage to gardens and landscaping by digging burrows and eating plants.
There are several ways to keep groundhogs away from your property. You can use repellents such as mothballs or peppermint oil to deter them from entering your yard or garden area. You can also set up traps that will capture them so they cannot return once they have been removed from your property.
There are many different types of traps available at most hardware stores or online retailers that will help you catch groundhogs in your yard or garden area so they cannot return once they have been removed from your property.
Will Vinegar Keep Groundhogs Away?
Vinegar is an excellent natural remedy for many ailments, but can it keep groundhogs away?
Groundhogs (also known as woodchucks) are burrowing rodents that can be found in the United States and Canada. They are most commonly found in yards and gardens, where they dig tunnels and eat plants. Groundhogs are not dangerous to humans, but they can be destructive to gardens and lawns.
Groundhog repellents are often used to keep groundhogs away from gardens, but these products often contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to humans as well as animals. Vinegar is a natural alternative that can be used as a safe repellent against groundhogs without any harmful side effects.
Vinegar comes in many types including apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, malt vinegar, and others. All varieties of vinegar contain acetic acid which is what makes them effective at repelling groundhogs. The acetic acid in vinegar smells terrible to animals like groundhogs which will keep them away from your garden or yard if you place some out there for them to smell.
What Smell Do Groundhogs Hate the Most?
You have probably heard that groundhogs are not fond of the smell of cayenne pepper. This is because they are sensitive to capsaicin, which is found in cayenne. It’s what gives peppers their spicy kick. Capsaicin irritates the skin of groundhogs and other animals, causing them discomfort and pain if they come in contact with it (source).
In addition to cayenne pepper, there are several other smells that repel groundhogs. According to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), you should try using scented candles or plug-ins that contain eucalyptus oil or citronella oil. These smell strong enough to keep your yard free from unwanted visitors for up to two weeks at a time (source).
What Can I Put Around My House to Keep Groundhogs Away?
Groundhogs are common pests that can cause a lot of damage to your property. They have large front teeth and claws, which they use to dig up lawns and gardens. If you have groundhogs around your house, they may be digging up your garden or lawn.
Groundhogs usually live in wooded areas that are close to their food sources. They can eat anything from fruits and vegetables to meat scraps left out by humans. Groundhogs are also known for eating small animals such as rabbits and rodents.
If you want to keep groundhogs away from your home, there are several things you can do. Some options include using traps or repellents made from natural ingredients such as vinegar or hot peppers. You can also use fencing around the perimeter of your property if it is in an area where there is no natural vegetation to grow tall enough for them to hide behind when hunting for food during daylight hours (such as during mating seasons).
list of Natural Groundhog Repellent
The best way to keep groundhogs out of your yard is by using natural repellents. There are several different types of repellents that you can use to keep these pests away from your property:
Wofimeha Mole Repellent, Vole Repellent Outdoor, Natural Gopher Repellent, Mole Deterrent for Lawn, Get Rid of Moles in Your Yard, Outdoor Groundhog&Mole Control, Safe Around Pet & Plant (4 Pack)
- EFFECTIVE MOLE & VOLE REPELLENT – Combines the ultra-powerful special blend of ingredients and tunnel penetrating technology, emits a strong scent, and causes strong irritation to animals’ nerve centers, making them feel fear, and forcing them to leave your property. Effectively rids moles, voles, gophers, armadillos, and other burrowing animals.
- KEEP MOLES AWAY NATURALLY -Our new upgraded mole repellent contains a blend of effective essential oils, and 100% nature ingredients highly sensitive to moles. The fast-acting formula improves castor oil’s ability to mix with water and sink deep into the soil. Humane way to repel moles from tunneling and causing damage to lawns, vegetable plots, and flowers and seedling plant roots.
- EASY TO APPLY – The product arrives conveniently ready-to-use. Simply apply the mole deterrent to affected areas in your yard and garden to begin pest control. Then watering allows the concentrated ingredients to penetrate deeply into the soil where animals burrow. Protect your lawns, yard, vegetable garden, and planting beds all year round, in all weather conditions.
- LONG LASTING & RAIN-RESISTANT – The mole repellent delivers a long-lasting strong scent, which will cause animals to naturally avoid your garden and go elsewhere. Treatments are unaffected by rain, naturally, volatilize and keep getting smaller, and can remain effective for periods up to 90 days.
- SAFE & BIODEGRADABLE – Ingredients are from All natural essential oils. Safe for humans, pets, lawns, gardens, fruits, vegetables, and the environment when used as directed. Made of exclusive formula, fully refund if the repellents don’t work.
Additional Info :
Rabbit & Groundhog Repellent: Rabbit Out 32oz Concentrate
Price: $35.95 ($35.95 / Count)
- Over 100,000 Repeat Customers – For over 20 years Deer Out is the trusted brand for professional gardeners, landscapers, and farmers alike. Works Great.
- Minty Fresh Scent – Smells Great to Humans but Rabbits, Groundhogs, Woodchucks, and Gophers are naturally repelled by our formula.
- Won’t Wash Off – Two Natural Stickers keep Rabbit & Groundhog Out on your plants. Rabbit & Groundhog Out is rain resistant.
- All Natural ingredients – Rabbit & Groundhog Out is environmentally friendly using only natural ingredients. Safe for use around children and pets.
- 100% Money back guarantee – Rabbit & Groundhog Out is Guaranteed Effective.
Additional Info :
I Must Garden Groundhog/Woodchuck Repellent: All Natural Spray for Gardens, Plants, and Lawns – Pleasant Scent – 32oz Easy Spray Bottle
Price: $15.99 ($0.50 / Ounce)
- PROVEN RESULTS – Tested and used by thousands of professional gardeners and landscapers. Proven to keep groundhogs from eating treated gardens, plants, trees, bark, and lawns
- LONG LASTING & RAIN RESISTANT – You do NOT need to re-apply after every rainfall or irrigation cycle
- NO FOUL ODORS – Botanical oils repel groundhogs, not people.
- ALL NATURAL and SAFE – We use natural ingredients and botanical oils that are safe for pets, safe for people, and safe for the environment. Contains NO harmful chemicals or poisons
- READY TO USE – No mixing or measuring required, simply spray repellent on plants you want to be protected
Additional Info :
I Must Garden Deer, Rabbit, and Groundhog Repellent: All-Weather Granular Formula – 5 lb. Shaker Jar
- DOUBLE THE PROTECTION – Powerful Dual-Action Formula (repels fear AND smell) breaks feeding habits quickly and keeps animals out of treated areas. Contains more active ingredients than any other repellent on the market for longer-lasting protection
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE IN HARSH WEATHER – Trusted by hundreds of professional landscapers and gardeners to provide reliable protection through the harshest weather conditions. Specifically formulated to last longer in rain, snow, and freezing temperatures
- PLEASANT SCENT & NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Made from natural ingredients and botanical oils that have a pleasant mint scent, and are safe for pets, people, and the environment. Contains NO harmful chemicals or glues that threaten nearby wildlife
- WINTER ADVANTAGES – I Must Garden Granular Animal Repellent is safe and easy to apply at any temperature – it even works when applied on top of the snow
- WHEN TO USE GRANULAR – In addition to easy applications in cold or rainy weather, this repellent is perfect for protecting fast-growing plants, small seedlings, and bedding plants that need additional protection against both deer and rabbits
Additional Info :
Natural Armor Animal & Rodent Repellent Spray. Repels Skunks, Raccoons, Rats, Mice, Deer Rodents & Critters. Repeller & Deterrent in Powerful Peppermint Formula – 128 Fl Oz Gallon Ready to Use
Price: $29.95 ($0.23 / Fl Oz)
- ✅GETS RID OF and KEEPS AWAY Skunks, Raccoons, Rats, Mice, Deer, and Nuisance Pests & Critters From Unwanted Areas Such As Homes, Yards, Flowers, Gardens, and Landscaping
- ✅ INDOOR/OUTDOOR USE – For Indoor Applications Use In Cellars, Basements, Attics, and Crawlspaces. For Outdoor Applications Use On Plants, Lawns, Shrubs, Trees, Furniture, Trash Cans, Foundations, Garages, Pool Houses, and Sheds
- ✅ EASY TO USE JUST SHAKE AND SPRAY – Comes With a Comfortable Heavy Duty Trigger Sprayer That Is Guaranteed Not To Clog. Covers Approximately 1,000 square feet. The product is Waterproof Lasts Up To 90 Days and Doesn’t Wash Off Easily
- ✅ NATURAL INGREDIENTS – DOESN’T STINK. Peppermint Scent.
- ✅ 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE – If You’re Unhappy With Our Product, For Reason, Call Or Email Us And Your Purchase Will Be Reimbursed Without Question. Simple & Easy
Additional Info :
There are many ways to repel groundhogs from your yard, but a natural approach is the best option for many reasons. While there are other effective methods, they may not be as safe for your family and pets, or they may be more expensive and time-consuming.
Natural repellents can keep groundhogs away from your lawn and garden without harming them. These repellents include scents like ammonia or peppermint, and taste deterrents like hot peppers and garlic.
You can also use physical barriers to keep groundhogs away from your yard, such as fencing that is at least 18 inches tall with an overhang of wire mesh on top to keep out burrowing animals.