Mosquitoes are the most common insects in the world. They feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals, including humans, and they can transmit diseases such as malaria and yellow fever. Mosquito repellents are used to repel these insects from a person’s body, so they do not bite them.
Mosquitoes are a real problem for anyone who wants to enjoy the outdoors without being eaten alive. They can also pose a serious risk to your health, especially if you have a compromised immune system.
There are many commercially available mosquito repellents, but many of them contain potentially harmful chemicals. There is also the fact that most commercial repellents are expensive and don’t always work as well as they should.
Fortunately, there’s another option: homemade mosquito repellents using ingredients that are safe and effective. These natural homemade mosquito repellents don’t contain any harmful chemicals and they won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Natural homemade mosquito repellents are easy to make at home. These formulations require ingredients that are readily available at most grocery stores, health food stores, and online retailers.
What Is the Best Homemade Mosquito Repellent?
It depends on what you’re looking for. If you want something that works well and doesn’t smell, then we recommend using lemon juice. Lemon juice can be used directly on your skin or mixed with witch hazel to create a spray that you can use on your skin and clothing.
If you want something that has a strong scent, then lavender oil is an excellent choice. Lavender oil is also good because it’s natural and safe for children, so if you’re looking for something to use around babies or young children this might be a good option for you.
If you’re looking for something more natural then eucalyptus oil will work well for this purpose as well. Eucalyptus oil is also great because it has been shown to help relieve congestion caused by colds and allergies so it can be beneficial if your family members suffer from these conditions as well.
What Smell Will Keep Mosquitoes Away?
Mosquitoes are a menace, and there’s nothing worse than being on a summer picnic or camping trip, only to find yourself surrounded by mosquitoes. A few times, I’ve even had the misfortune of having a mosquito fly into my ear and cause me to lose my hearing for a few hours. It’s not fun.
So how do you keep from being eaten alive by these pests? It turns out that mosquitos are actually quite sensitive to certain smells, so if you can find something that smells like those things that make them run away, like ammonia, vinegar, or citronella, you can create an odor barrier around yourself and keep them at bay.
The best scents tend to be citrus or minty smells because they mimic pheromones produced by female mosquitoes. So don’t use perfume (unless it’s one of those newfangled perfume-based bug sprays) because it will just attract more mosquitoes instead of repelling them.
How Do I Keep Mosquitoes Away at Night?
Mosquitoes are annoying. They buzz around your ears, flit through your hair, and land on your skin with their little proboscises ready to pierce you and suck out your blood. At night, they can be particularly annoying.
Mosquitoes can be drawn to you by a number of factors, including the heat from your body and the carbon dioxide you exhale. But if you’re looking for a way to keep mosquitoes away at night, here are some simple solutions:
- Use mosquito netting or insect repellent to keep them from landing on you. This can be as simple as draping a mosquito net over yourself while sleeping outside or applying an insect repellent containing DEET.
- Sleep under a fan: Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide, which is released into the air when we breathe out. A fan blowing air at you will help keep mosquitoes away by mixing the CO2 in with the fresh air blowing over your face so that there’s less of it available for mosquitoes to feed on.
What Can I Put In My Bedroom to Keep Mosquitoes Away?
If you’re sick of waking up to dozens of mosquito bites, you need to start thinking about how you can keep them away.
There are a few different things you can do. The first is to kill any standing water that may be on your property. This includes bird baths, plant saucers, and even gutters. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water and will come back to it if there’s still some left over from the last time they were there.
You should also get rid of any standing water inside your home (like old bottles of shampoo or leftover dishes under your sink). Remove any dishes from the drying rack before bedtime so that you don’t have to see them when you wake up in the morning.
Another way to keep them away is by using mosquito repellents such as DEET or citronella candles around your house. You can also install screens on all windows if needed to keep them out while they’re still alive but make sure they close tightly enough so bugs don’t get in through cracks later on down the road either.
list of Natural Homemade Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito repellent is a great way to keep the bugs away and stay comfortable in your own home.
You don’t have to buy expensive chemical-based repellents that can damage sensitive skin. Instead, try these natural mosquito repellents that are safe for your family and won’t damage your health or the environment.
20 Non-Toxic And Natural Homemade Mosquito, Ant & Tick Repellents:: Travel Insect Repellent, Natural Repellents, Aromatherapy
Additional Info :
Homemade Repellents: Your Complete Guide to Over 30 Natural, Non-Toxic Homemade Repellents for Mosquitoes, Ants, Flies, Roaches, and Common Pests
Additional Info :
Homemade Repellents: The Ultimate Guide: 25 Natural Homemade Insect Repellents for Mosquitos, Ants, Flys, Roaches and Common Pests
Additional Info :
Price: $4.97 ($1.24 / Fl Oz)
- MADE WITH OIL OF LEMON EUCALYPTUS: This DEET-free insect repellent provides you with protection during adventures in the backyard and on the go.
- REPELS MOSQUITOES FOR UP TO 6 HOURS: This repellent keeps you and your family protected for hours, so the fun doesn’t have to end.
- REFRESHING SCENT: This DEET-free personal repellent leaves you with a cool, refreshing scent so you don’t have to put up with the usual bug spray smell.
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya viruses.
- NOT GREASY OR STICKY: Formulated with oil of lemon eucalyptus to provide protection without leaving your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Ready to Use Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Yard Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito and Insect Killer, Treatment, and Repellent – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, and Kids – 32 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe for cats, dogs, and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach it directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances, or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
Homemade mosquito repellent can be a great way to protect you and your family from the dangers of mosquitoes. It is also an affordable alternative to buying expensive commercial products that contain chemicals you may not want to put on your skin.
You can easily make your own homemade mosquito repellent using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. This will save you money and help keep your family safe from the dangers of mosquitoes and insect bites.