Have you ever heard of the chemical DEET? This is a chemical that’s found in many mosquito repellents and has also been linked to causing some health concerns such as brain damage, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. It is strange then that we’re willing to expose ourselves to possible harm when we could be using natural mosquito repellent for dogs instead.
Mosquitoes are not insects to be messed with. The moment they detect our skin, the attack is fierce and rapid. While there are sprays and other commercially available mosquito repellents, many people prefer a more natural method – especially if they have pets. Dogs, in particular, will be able to hold off mosquitoes much better than humans can. They’re efficient canine soldiers that do not hesitate to fight mosquitoes every summer..
Mosquitos are the bane of many people’s existence. They drive you crazy and leave you covered in bites. And a summer spent outside living your best life can quickly turn into a miserable experience if you’re bleeding on all sides.
About Natural Mosquito Repellent for Dogs
Natural Mosquito Repellent Dogs is a product that repels mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas. It is made from all-natural ingredients and can be used on dogs, cats, horses, and livestock.
How does it work?
The active ingredient in Natural Mosquito Repellent Dogs is extracted from trees, which has a long history of being used as a natural insect repellent. The essential oil extracted from the tree works by creating an odor that mosquitos find unpleasant. The same thing happens when we take aspirin or any other pain reliever, it creates an odor that mosquitos do not like.
This process does not harm humans or animals but it does kill mosquitoes in about 10 minutes after application. In addition to repelling mosquitoes, this product will also help repel ticks and fleas from your pet’s fur so they don’t bite your pet when you are walking them outside.
This natural mosquito repellent is safe for dogs and humans. The ingredients are all-natural, and they smell great.
How Can I Protect My Dog From Mosquitoes Naturally?
Mosquitoes can be pesky and irritating pests, but they are also vectors for diseases that can be deadly to both humans and animals. Luckily, there are a number of ways that you can protect your dog from mosquitoes without using chemical repellents.
First, keep your dog indoors during peak mosquito hours, which means dusk and dawn. Since mosquitoes tend to feed at night and during the early morning hours, it’s best if you keep your pet indoors at these times.
You should also make sure that your dog has an adequate amount of space in which to move around when it’s outside. If you have a large yard or park where you can walk them, make sure that there is plenty of space for them to run around and play without being bothered by mosquitoes.
Finally, if possible use natural repellents such as citronella or eucalyptus oil around your dog’s bedding area before bedtime each night. This will help keep away any mosquitoes looking for a place to rest while they wait for their next meal.
How Do I Keep Mosquitoes From Biting My Dog?
Mosquitoes are annoying for everyone, but for dogs, they can be downright dangerous. They can transmit diseases like heartworm and West Nile virus to dogs, which can be fatal if not treated.
Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide that dogs breathe out, as well as their natural body heat. Mosquitoes are also attracted to dark colors, so it’s best if you keep your dog inside during peak times of mosquito activity.
There are many ways to repel mosquitoes including citronella candles, lemon balm plants, and catnip plants. Citronella candles give off a natural oil that keeps mosquitoes away from humans and pets alike. Lemon balm plants work in much the same way as citronella candles do, they give off an aroma that keeps mosquitoes away from humans and pets. Catnip plants act as insect repellent because they contain nepetalactone or related chemicals; this chemical is found in many plant species common in North America including mints and other herbs like oregano and basil.
What Home Remedy Can I Use for Mosquitoes for Dogs?
The best home remedy for mosquitoes on dogs is to use vinegar. Vinegar is a natural substance that repels mosquitoes. It also has antiseptic properties and can help to heal the bites if you accidentally get bitten.
To use vinegar as a home remedy for mosquitoes on dogs, mix equal parts cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray your dog’s fur with the mixture before going outside or when you return from the walk. The vinegar will protect your dog from getting bitten by mosquitoes while allowing them to enjoy the fresh air, sunshine, and exercise outdoors.
If your dog does get bitten by a mosquito, you can use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide mixed with water on the bite. This will help cleanse the wound and prevent infection from occurring.
Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Repellent for Dogs
Are you tired of waking up to the incessant buzz of mosquitoes in your ears? Are you tired of battling mosquitoes while you’re out and about with your dog? Then it’s time to try Apple Cider Vinegar mosquito repellent for dogs.
Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Repellent for Dogs is made from all-natural ingredients, including apple cider vinegar, citronella oil, and water. The product is safe for all dogs over 6 weeks old, but should only be used on short-haired dogs. It should not be used on cats or rabbits.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Repellent for Dogs:
To apply Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Repellent for Dogs, first, shake well before use. Then spray directly onto your dog’s fur until thoroughly covered. If you have a light-colored dog such as a Maltese or a Poodle, wait until after application to brush off any excess product from their fur so that it does not stain their coat. You can reapply every 12 hours if needed or desired (but keep in mind that this product does not repel ticks).
list of Natural Mosquito Repellent Dogs
Natural mosquito repellents for dogs are a great way to keep your pup safe from the dangers of mosquito bites.
Mosquitoes can carry diseases like West Nile Virus and Lyme disease, and they can even cause anemia in some breeds of dogs.
If you don’t want to use harsh chemicals on your dog’s skin, here are a few effective natural mosquito repellents for dogs that you can try out.
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent for Dogs and Cats | Repels Mosquitos with Certified Natural Oils | Deet Free | 8 Ounces
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent repels mosquitoes without the use of DEET.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unique blend of certified natural oils including Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants).
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Can be used on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older. Also great for the whole family.
- USE AS NEEDED: Reapply every two hours or as needed for optimal protection.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Nantucket Spider Natural Insect Repellent for Dogs – 8 fl oz | Organic Essential Oil Spray | Repels Mosquito, Flies, Ticks & Fleas | DEET Free Bug Repellant with Cedar Oil |
- Natural Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs: Nantucket Spider’s Deet-Free dog insect repellant is made from a broad spectrum of 100% organic essential oils that are proven to repel ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, flies, and other bugs that pester pets.
- Light Cedar Scent: This insect-repellent spray is made specifically for dogs and puppies. It does NOT contain any citrusy ingredients that may irritate sensitive canine noses and eyes.
- Effective, Canine-Friendly Ingredients: Our mosquito, flea, and tick spray formula is composed of a blend of organic rosemary, thyme, peppermint, cedarwood, and geranium essential oils. The only other ingredients are water and glycerin.
- Simple Application: A water-based formula that can be directly applied to your dog’s coat and underbelly. Topped with Nantucket Spider’s signature lockable fine mist trigger sprayer for superior coverage.
- Feel-Good Factors: Made in the USA with 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. All of Nantucket Spider’s natural insect repellent spray products are Deet free, cruelty-free, vegan, soy-free, and made from certified organic and non-GMO essential oils. The only other ingredients are water and glycerin.
Additional Info :
Medella Naturals Insect & Mosquito Repellent, DEET-Free All-Natural Formula, Kid, and Pet Friendly, Made in the USA, 8 Ounce Spray Bottle
Price: $10.99 ($10.99 / Fl Oz)
- Pure Protection: Medella Naturals Insect Repellent Provides An Effective Way To Keep Mosquitoes, Gnats, And Other Flying Insects Away While Helping Prevent Irritating Bites, All Without Leaving A Greasy Or Oily Residue.
- Natural Ingredients: Made In The Usa From Skin-Loving Ingredients Like Lemongrass Oil, Vitamin E, Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, And A Hint Of Vanilla, Which Gives This Spray Its Pleasant Smell.
- Deet-Free Formula: Our Plant-Based Formula Is Made Without Synthetic Fragrances, Dyes, Phthalates, Pesticides, Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Preservatives, Or Petrochemicals.
- Family Friendly: This Easy-To-Spray Pump Makes Application A Breeze And Provides Protection For Adults, Kids, And Even Pets. It Has Lasting Power And Is Suitable For Year-Round Usage.
- Stay Outdoors With Confidence: Get Back To Doing What You Love In The Great Outdoors Without Having To Be Bothered By Bugs. This Spray Stands Up To Sweat And Keeps You Protected No Matter The Activity.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 4 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact and repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that are powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, AND CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty-free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – EcoTreat Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito, Ant, Insect Repellent, Treatment, and Killer – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, Kids – 32 oz
Price: $34.99 ($34.99 / Count)
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, Japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers, or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY. Safe around cats, dogs, and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach it directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate.
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances, or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty-free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
, there are many natural mosquito repellents for dogs. These include citronella, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil. The most effective repellant is a combination of these three ingredients. Citronella is the most popular ingredient in natural mosquito repellents for dogs because it has been proven to be effective at keeping mosquitoes away.
Other dog owners have tried using essential oils and lemon juice to keep mosquitoes away. While these methods may work for some dogs, they are not as effective as citronella or other essential oils and lemon juice does not provide long-lasting protection against mosquitoes.
If you want to keep your dog safe from mosquito bites, consider using a natural mosquito repellent such as Citronella oil or eucalyptus oil. These essential oils can be purchased at any local pet store or online retailer such as Amazon or Petco. The best way to apply this product is by spraying it on the inside of your dog’s ears so he will smell it throughout the day.