Have you ever heard of the chemical DEET? This is a chemical that’s found in many mosquito repellents and has also been linked to causing some health concerns such as brain damage, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. It is strange then that we’re willing to expose ourselves to possible harm when we could be using natural mosquito-repellent dogs instead.
Mosquito repellent for dogs is a must-have if you want to protect your best friend from bug bites. Dogs can get bit by mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas while they are playing outside, so it’s important to keep them protected so they don’t get sick. There are many natural mosquito repellents for dogs that you can use instead of chemical-based products. These products are not only safe for your dog’s skin, but they also contain ingredients that help repel insects and keep fleas away.
This natural mosquito repellent for dogs contains citronella oil which is an effective insect repellent that helps ward off mosquitoes and other bugs from biting your dog. It works by releasing a scent that mosquitos find unappealing, so they will stay away from your dog when he applies this product to his skin.
Some people prefer using home remedies such as garlic or lemon juice instead of buying commercial products with chemicals in them because they believe these ingredients work better than anything else out there on the market today – not just for preventing mosquito bites but also for treating existing ones once they start itching.
How Can I Protect My Dog From Mosquitoes Naturally?
There are a number of ways to protect your dog from mosquitoes naturally.
First, you can use repellent that is made specifically for dogs. You can also use citronella, which is a powerful mosquito repellent. Citronella oil is also known to be safe for dogs and humans alike. If you want to go the natural way, we recommend using garlic juice or cayenne pepper as a natural mosquito repellent for dogs.
Some owners opt for natural solutions like citronella candles, essential oils, and homemade remedies. However, if you’re looking for something more scientific, there are many products available in stores that will help keep mosquitoes away from your pet’s fur.
Mosquitoes can be a problem for dogs, especially if they have short hair or have a tendency to scratch themselves. Mosquito bites can cause irritation, swelling, and itching in your dog’s skin. They might also lead to an infection if your dog scratches the bite too much and breaks the skin. If you want to protect your dog from mosquitoes, there are some natural ways you can do so.
Try using the lemon balm as a mosquito repellent. Lemon balm is also known as melissa or bee balm and is often used in aromatherapy because of its pleasant scent. It’s been shown that lemon balm can be helpful in treating anxiety and depression in humans and dogs alike. The citronella oil found in lemon balm is effective at keeping mosquitoes away from humans and dogs alike.
Another natural mosquito repellent option is lavender essential oil. Lavender contains linalool which has been shown to be effective at repelling mosquitoes. One study showed that lavender essential oil was effective at repelling 80% of mosquitoes when applied to human skin. Another study found that lavender essential oil was equally as effective as DEET
How do I Get Rid of Mosquitoes Without Harming My Dog?
Mosquitoes are a nuisance. They can be dangerous, and they’re hard to get rid of. But there’s one thing you can do that will make all the difference: keep your dog away from them.
Mosquitoes love dogs, but they don’t love them as much as they love human beings. If you can avoid letting your dog go outside when there are mosquitoes around, you’ll be able to keep them away from your dog without having to resort to harmful chemicals or other measures that may harm your pet in other ways.
But if you have no choice but to let your dog outside during mosquito season, then we recommend using a repellent on their fur. These products are safe for dogs and will help keep those pesky bloodsuckers away.
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests around, and they can be especially harmful to your dog. Fortunately, there are a few ways to get rid of them without harming your pet.
First, you’ll need to make sure that you have an effective mosquito repellent that works for the area where you’re trying to keep mosquitoes away from your dog. It should be specifically designed for use on animals, so make sure it contains no pesticides or other harmful chemicals that could harm your pet’s health.
You should also make sure that your dog is wearing some kind of protective clothing when outside in areas where mosquitoes are likely to be found. This can be as simple as a bandana around their neck or a coat with long sleeves and pants that go all the way down to their paws. If possible, consider using a bug net over this protective clothing so that mosquitoes won’t even be able to get close enough to bite them in the first place.
Finally, consider taking your dog inside whenever possible during peak mosquito season (usually June through September). This will help keep them safe from bites while still allowing them plenty of time spent outdoors playing fetch with you.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Repel Mosquitoes From Dogs?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes. Apple cider vinegar is an all-natural, non-toxic way to repel mosquitoes from your dog.
Apple cider vinegar has been used as a natural flea and tick repellent for decades. It works because the acidic content of the vinegar irritates the mosquito’s skin and prevents it from biting your dog. The acid also kills any existing larvae or eggs that might be on your pet’s fur before they can mature and hatch.
In addition to using apple cider vinegar as a repellent, you can also bathe your dog with it once a week to get rid of any fleas or ticks that may be lurking on their skin. You can dilute it with water so that it doesn’t irritate your pet’s eyes if you don’t want to use it in full force.
list of Natural Mosquito Repellent For Dogs
Mosquitoes are not insects to be messed with. The moment they detect our skin, the attack is fierce and rapid. While there are sprays and other commercially available mosquito repellents, many people prefer a more natural method – especially if they have pets. Dogs, in particular, will be able to hold off mosquitoes much better than humans can. They’re efficient canine soldiers that do not hesitate to fight mosquitoes every summer. Here are a few natural mosquito-repellent dogs you should get this summer.
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent for Dogs and Cats | Repels Mosquitos with Certified Natural Oils | Deet Free | 8 Ounces
Price : $4.87
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent repels mosquitoes without the use of DEET.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unique blend of certified natural oils including Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants).
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Can be used on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older. Also great for the whole family.
- USE AS NEEDED: Reapply every two hours or as needed for optimal protection.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Nantucket Spider Natural Insect Repellent for Dogs – 8 fl oz | Organic Essential Oil Spray | Repels Mosquito, Flies, Ticks & Fleas | DEET Free Bug Repellant with Cedar Oil |
Price : $15.99
- Natural Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs: Nantucket Spider’s Deet-Free dog insect repellant is made from a broad spectrum of 100% organic essential oils that are proven to repel ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, flies, and other bugs that pester pets.
- Light Cedar Scent: This insect-repellent spray is made specifically for dogs and puppies. It does NOT contain any citrusy ingredients that may irritate sensitive canine noses and eyes.
- Effective, Canine-Friendly Ingredients: Our mosquito, flea, and tick spray formula is composed of a blend of organic rosemary, thyme, peppermint, cedarwood, and geranium essential oils. The only other ingredients are water and glycerin.
- Simple Application: A water-based formula that can be directly applied to your dog’s coat and underbelly. Topped with Nantucket Spider’s signature lockable fine mist trigger sprayer for superior coverage.
- Feel-Good Factors: Made in the USA with 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. All of Nantucket Spider’s natural insect repellent spray products are Deet free, cruelty-free, vegan, soy-free, and made from certified organic and non-GMO essential oils. The only other ingredients are water and glycerin.
Additional Info :
Medella Naturals Insect & Mosquito Repellent, DEET-Free All-Natural Formula, Kid and Pet Friendly, Made in the USA, 8 Ounce Spray Bottle
Price: $10.99 ($10.99 / Fl Oz)
- Pure Protection: Medella Naturals Insect Repellent Provides An Effective Way To Keep Mosquitoes, Gnats, And Other Flying Insects Away While Helping Prevent Irritating Bites, All Without Leaving A Greasy Or Oily Residue.
- Natural Ingredients: Made In The USA From Skin-Loving Ingredients Like Lemongrass Oil, Vitamin E, Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, And A Hint Of Vanilla, Which Gives This Spray Its Pleasant Smell.
- Deet-Free Formula: Our Plant-Based Formula Is Made Without Synthetic Fragrances, Dyes, Phthalates, Pesticides, Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Preservatives, Or Petrochemicals.
- Family Friendly: This Easy-To-Spray Pump Makes Application A Breeze And Provides Protection For Adults, Kids, And Even Pets. It Has Lasting Power And Is Suitable For Year-Round Usage.
- Stay Outdoors With Confidence: Get Back To Doing What You Love In The Great Outdoors Without Having To Be Bothered By Bugs. This Spray Stands Up To Sweat And Keeps You Protected No Matter The Activity.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 4 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact and repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewable, and drops that are powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, AND CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty-free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Nantucket Spider Natural Bug Repellent for Dogs | DEET-Free with Organic Essential Oils | Repels Mosquito, Flies, Ticks, and Fleas | Non-Greasy Insect Spray with Thyme Oil | Large Size – 16 fl oz
Price: $21.99 ($1.37 / Fl Oz)
- Natural Insect Repellent: Let us help you protect your best friend. Our bug-repellent spray for canines is natural and made from DEET-free ingredients. Our natural bug spray defends your dogs from mosquitoes, biting flies, ticks, fleas, black flies, horse flies, and other small insects. Our bug spray for pets provides you with a natural and effective solution for protecting your pets in your home or yard. We do not use any chemical dispersants in our formulae
- Essential Oils: Our bug spray contains a range of organic essential oils such as rosemary, geranium, cedarwood, thyme oil, and peppermint. These essential oils effectively repel different species of insects present in your surroundings. This insect repellent spray is formulated without the addition of citrusy oil which is disliked by dogs and clove oil which dogs should not intake. Due to canines’ sensitive noses, our insect repellent for dogs is more diluted than our repellents for humans
- Directions to Use: Apply our natural bug repellent directly to your dog’s fur, and especially focus on the legs, paws, and underside. Avoid spraying toward your pet’s snout and eyes. Shake well before use and apply every 90 minutes, and during wet weather, apply more frequently. Okay for horses and for people; do not use it on cats
- Your Dog’s Best Friend: Nantucket Spider’s DEET-free insect repellent is made in the USA and provides 100% guaranteed satisfaction. This dog bug repellent is more diluted than our repellents designed for humans and has a pleasant, earthy cedar scent that does not annoy your dogs. We ensure that your best friend is receiving the best protection from bugs using only safe, high-quality ingredients and no DEET
- About Us: Nantucket Spider manufactures the most effective repellent products which are DEET-free, soy-free, cruelty-free, and vegan-friendly. All our products are made with the perfect blend of natural ingredients along with a broad range of organic essential oils to repel mosquitos, ticks, wasps, and biting flies. Our no DEET repellent products smell great and provide a light and fresh feel
Additional Info :
Mosquito repellent for dogs is a must for anyone who wants to keep their dog safe from bites. Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2 and other chemicals released by dogs. The best mosquito repellent for dogs is natural and safe for your dog’s skin. You can make your own natural mosquito repellent, or you can buy one that has been tested and approved by veterinarians.
Mosquito repellents usually contain citronella oil as the main ingredient, but there are many other ingredients that may be added to enhance their effectiveness. Some of these include eucalyptus oil, cinnamon oil, rosemary oil, or lemon grass oil. You should always check the label of any product before using it on your dog because some ingredients can be harmful if ingested in large doses.
When choosing a mosquito repellent for dogs make sure it does not contain any chemicals that could cause skin irritation or burns after prolonged use such as DEET or Picaridin (KBR 3023). These chemicals are more effective at preventing mosquito bites than natural oils alone but are toxic to humans as well as animals so should only be used in small amounts wherever possible.