Mosquitoes are the most annoying, irritating, and dangerous pests that can be found in your backyard. They carry several diseases which can prove fatal and cause harm to your loved ones.
Mosquito repellents are usually harmful to the body. They contain chemicals that can cause serious problems for you and your family. So if you want to protect yourself from mosquitoes without using any harmful chemicals then try natural mosquito-repellent remedies.
Natural mosquito repellent remedies are easy to use and are made up of natural ingredients which will not harm the health of the user. These remedies have been used since ancient times by our ancestors to prevent mosquito bites, but now they have been proven by modern science as effective in preventing mosquito bites.
There are many natural mosquito repellents available in the market today. These natural repellents are made up of ingredients such as lemon, garlic, cinnamon oil, or orange oil. These ingredients help in keeping mosquitoes away from you.
What Smell Do Mosquitoes Hate?
Mosquitoes are a real pain in the butt. You might be enjoying a peaceful walk through the woods, or maybe you’re just sitting on your front porch watching the sunset, when all of a sudden, BAM, A mosquito flies right into your hair and starts feeding on your blood. It’s so annoying.
But what if we told you there was ONE thing that could keep mosquitoes away? How would that make you feel?
It’s true. There is one thing that will keep mosquitoes away from you, and it’s not DEET. In fact, scientists have identified an entire family of smells that mosquitoes hate: carboxylic acid (CA) esters. And guess what? They smell like human sweat. That means that if humans give off these scents when they’re sweating, mosquitos will leave us alone.
If this sounds too good to be true, don’t worry, you don’t have to rub yourself down with onions or garlic cloves. The best way to get CA esters into your body is by eating them in foods like parsley and mint leaves (which are both rich in CA esters).
How Do I Make Myself Less Attractive to Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are not just annoying, but they can be dangerous. Mosquito-borne illnesses like malaria and dengue fever can cause serious illness and even death. The best way to protect yourself from these diseases is by taking steps to make yourself less attractive to mosquitoes.
The first step in making yourself less attractive to mosquitoes is to minimize your exposure to them. Wear long sleeves and pants when you are outside, especially at dusk or dawn when mosquitoes are most active. Use insect repellent with DEET on exposed skin and clothing when you go outdoors. Apply repellent every few hours, especially if you will be outside for more than a few hours at a time.
If you live in an area where mosquitoes are common, consider installing outdoor lighting that discourages them from landing on people or plants. This includes lights with yellow or white light bulbs instead of blue ones because yellow light does not attract as many insects as blue light does. Speak with your local hardware store about options available in your area that might help deter mosquitoes from landing on people or plants near your home or business establishment.
Does Dettol Keep Mosquitoes Away?
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying and dangerous pests in the world. They can cause a lot of harm, including diseases like malaria. To protect yourself from mosquitoes, you should use Dettol. Dettol is an antiseptic that kills germs and bacteria, which is why it’s such a good option for killing germs that could be found on your skin, such as those left behind by mosquitoes.
However, it’s also important to know that Dettol won’t keep all mosquitoes away from you when they bite you after they land on your skin. In fact, there are some types of mosquitoes that will bite through clothes, so even if you have a strong insecticide like Dettol on your skin, these types of mosquitoes could still bite you through your clothing and infect you with their diseases.
3 Ingredients DIY Mosquito Repellent
1. Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is very effective against mosquitoes and other bugs. The leaves are used to make an oil that is applied directly on the skin as a mosquito repellent. You can also use lemon balm essential oil in your homemade insect repellent spray or lotion.
2. Citronella grass (Cymbopogon nardus) is another plant that has been used for centuries as a natural insect repellent because it contains citronella oil which repels mosquitoes and other insects such as ticks, ants, fleas, and flies. To use citronella as an insect repellent simply rub it on your skin or add it to your homemade spray or lotion recipe.
3. Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil is known for its soothing properties and many people swear by its effectiveness
If you’re looking for a natural mosquito repellent, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled some of our favorite recipes to help keep those pesky bugs away
These recipes are all made with quality ingredients, so you know they’ll work, and they don’t contain any harsh chemicals that could harm your health or the environment. They’re easy to make, too, so even if you’re not a DIY person, you can still enjoy these products without having to buy them from the store.
The best part? These recipes are super fun and easy to make. So get ready: we have some really cool ones coming your way.
list of Natural Mosquito Repellent Remedies
Mosquitoes are the bane of summer, and they’re particularly annoying for people who live in areas where mosquitoes breed. If you’re trying to keep the bugs at bay, here are some natural mosquito-repellent remedies that can help you out.
Pack of 2 (8 ounces) Medella Naturals Insect & Mosquito Repellent Sprays | DEET-Free, All-Natural Formula, Baby, Kid, and Pet Safe, Made in the USA
Price: $18.99 ($18.99 / Fl Oz)
- Pure Protection: Medella Naturals Insect Repellent Provides An Effective Way To Keep Mosquitoes, Gnats, And Other Flying Insects Away While Helping Prevent Irritating Bites, All Without Leaving A Greasy Or Oily Residue.
- Natural Ingredients: Made In The Usa From Skin-Loving Ingredients Like Lemongrass Oil, Vitamin E, Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, And A Hint Of Vanilla, Which Gives This Spray Its Pleasant Smell.
- Deet-Free Formula: Our Plant-Based Formula Is Made Without Synthetic Fragrances, Dyes, Phthalates, Pesticides, Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Preservatives, Or Petrochemicals.
- Family Friendly: This Easy-To-Spray Pump Makes Application A Breeze And Provides Protection For Adults, Kids, And Even Pets. It Has Lasting Power And Is Suitable For Year-Round Usage.
- Stay Outdoors With Confidence: Get Back To Doing What You Love In The Great Outdoors Without Having To Be Bothered By Bugs. This Spray Stands Up To Sweat And Keeps You Protected No Matter The Activity.
Additional Info :
Price: $4.97 ($1.24 / Fl Oz)
- MADE WITH OIL OF LEMON EUCALYPTUS: This DEET-free insect repellent provides you with protection during adventures in the backyard and on the go.
- REPELS MOSQUITOES FOR UP TO 6 HOURS: This repellent keeps you and your family protected for hours, so the fun doesn’t have to end.
- REFRESHING SCENT: This DEET-free personal repellent leaves you with a cool, refreshing scent so you don’t have to put up with the usual bug spray smell.
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya viruses.
- NOT GREASY OR STICKY: Formulated with oil of lemon eucalyptus to provide protection without leaving your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
Additional Info :
Sallye Ander “No-Bite-Me” All-Natural Bug & Insect Repellent – Anti Itch Cream – Safe for Kids and Infants – Repels Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, and Ticks – 2 oz
Price: $14.95 ($7.48 / Fl Oz)
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL. Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too. Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, creates a strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler. Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent for Dogs and Cats | Repels Mosquitos with Certified Natural Oils | Deet Free | 8 Ounces
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent repels mosquitoes without the use of DEET.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unique blend of certified natural oils including Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants).
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Can be used on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older. Also great for the whole family.
- USE AS NEEDED: Reapply every two hours or as needed for optimal protection.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Murphy’s Naturals Insect Bite Relief Soothing Balm | Plant Based, All Natural Ingredients | Travel/Pocket Sized | 0.75oz
Price: $9.99 ($13.32 / Ounce)
- Harness the Soothing Power of Nature: Natural soothing powers of key ingredients, like andiroba and eucalyptus oil, give you quick relief and peace of mind.
- No Petroleum, No Dyes, No Synthetic Fragrances, No Harsh Chemicals
- Fair Trade Andiroba Oil: We partner with 100% Amazon to protect indigenous communities in the Amazon Rainforest through sustainable development.
- Sustainably Sourced Beeswax: We partner with Koster Keunen to support beekeepers and their local ecosystems in West Africa by using sustainable practices.
- Recyclable and Reusable Tin
Additional Info :
natural mosquito repellents are a great way to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about pesky mosquitoes. Using these repellents has many benefits, including being environmentally friendly and helping you avoid harmful chemicals. Natural mosquito repellents are also safer for children than other options.
When choosing a natural mosquito repellent, it is important to consider the ingredients that make up the product. Look for products that contain fewer chemicals and more natural ingredients such as citronella oil or eucalyptus oil. You should also check with your doctor before using any new product on your skin or in your home, especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies.