The cannabis plant is a beautiful, versatile plant that can be used for many purposes. It’s also one of the most popular plants to grow for recreational and medicinal purposes. However, even though it’s a great plant, it can be susceptible to bugs and other pests like molds, mildews, and fungi. When you combine this with the fact that you’re growing your cannabis in an enclosed area such as your home or greenhouse, then it becomes even more important to take steps to protect your plants from these pests.
A pesticide is a chemical or biological agent used to kill pests. It can be natural or synthetic; pesticides are used to control weeds, insects, mites, and other arthropods that harm plants or animals. The term includes all of the following: insecticides (which kill insects), herbicides (which kill weeds), and fungicides (which kill fungi).
Pesticides may be biopesticides (derived from living organisms) or non-biopesticides (synthetic chemicals). Biopesticides are usually derived from microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, nematodes (roundworms), viruses, and viroids.
The use of pesticides in farming has been banned since the 1970s because of their negative impact on humans and animals alike. However, there are some pesticides that are still allowed for use on certain crops such as cannabis. These include organic pesticides which do not contain toxic chemicals as synthetic ones do. Organic pesticides are made from natural ingredients like chrysanthemum flowers or garlic oil which are harmless to humans but effective against pests such as spider mites and other insects that destroy crops. Some organic pesticides can also be used as fungicides to protect plants against diseases caused by fungi such as powdery mildew and mold.
Pesticides are used to control pests and diseases in crops. Pesticides can be natural or synthetic, depending on the crop. Pesticides have been developed from plant, animal, and mineral sources. They can be biotic (living organisms) or abiotic (non-living substances).
Pesticide is a general term for any substance used to kill pests. A pesticide may be an insecticide, fungicide, herbicide, or nematicide. Pests include weeds, insects, and microbes that cause disease or damage plants or other living things. Most pesticides are intended to kill target pests rather than just repel them.
In cannabis cultivation, pesticides are important for maintaining the health of the crop and preventing infestation by insects or disease-causing pathogens such as fungi and viruses. In some instances, when applied properly, pesticides can help stimulate plant growth by enhancing photosynthesis by providing nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus that are necessary for healthy plant growth and development.
What Pesticides Can I Use on Cannabis?
As a cannabis grower, you may be wondering what pesticides are safe for use on your plants. While there are no federally approved pesticides that can be used on marijuana, there are some options for growers who want to take care of their plants without harming them.
The first thing you need to understand about pesticides is that there are two types: synthetic and organic. Synthetic pesticides are chemicals created in labs and have been linked to cancer, birth defects, and other health problems. Organic pesticides, on the other hand, come from natural sources like plants and minerals and have been used by humans for thousands of years without any significant negative effects (other than the occasional allergic reaction).
Organic growers typically rely on botanical oils as an alternative to synthetic pesticides because they’re effective against insects while being safer for both humans and pets than chemical-based products. You can also use beneficial insects such as ladybugs or praying mantes to control pests on your cannabis plants, they eat aphids.
Another option for organic growers is neem oil spray. This natural pest control works well because it’s not toxic when ingested by mammals like humans or pets so there’s no risk of secondary poisoning from ingesting neem oil residue.
What Chemicals Does Cannabis Need?
Cannabis plants need certain chemicals to live, grow and produce seeds. These chemicals are called nutrients and they come from the soil. As the plant grows it takes in these nutrients from the soil, through its roots.
The main nutrients that cannabis needs are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. The different types of cannabis all have different requirements for these nutrients. Cannabis plants prefer nitrogen over phosphorus and potassium, but they still need all three to grow well.
Nitrogen is an essential part of chlorophyll which is responsible for photosynthesis in plants. This process converts light into energy so that the plant can use it to make food through photosynthesis. Nitrogen helps plants grow quickly and develop strong stems and leaves.
Phosphorus helps plants to make flowers and fruit by producing seeds which are necessary for survival when growing outdoors in nature where there aren’t many other sources of food available except what’s stored inside each seed (germination). In addition, phosphorus helps plants grow bigger than they would otherwise be able to do without enough phosphorus – which means more buds.
Can You Spray Fungicide on Flowering Cannabis?
The answer is yes, but there are some things to consider.
Fungicides are usually applied to plants that have been infected with fungus. This helps them fight off the infection and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the plant. Fungicides can also be used as a preventative measure against fungal infections, especially if you’re growing in an area that’s prone to high humidity or rain.
When you’re applying a fungicide, make sure you follow the instructions carefully, you don’t want to accidentally apply too much or use an incorrect product for your particular strain of cannabis. You also need to make sure that your grow room has adequate ventilation so that you don’t suffocate any beneficial insects within the room (like ladybugs).
Is Neem Oil Good for Cannabis Plants?
Neem oil is the organic pesticide of choice for cannabis growers. A non-toxic and biodegradable insecticide, neem oil can be used as both a preventative tactic and a cure for a number of insect and fungus problems. It doesn’t affect friendly insects, and it acts as a growth tonic that keeps marijuana vibrant.
Neem oil is a must-have for the serious organic cannabis grower. While many pesticides are made from synthetic chemicals, neem oil is derived from the neem tree, which grows in India and Africa. The neem tree has been used in traditional medicine for centuries because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Scientists have found that the active compounds in neem oil can kill harmful insects by attacking their nervous systems or interfering with their metabolism, without harming plants or beneficial insects like bees.
How Often Do You Spray Neem Oil on Cannabis?
Neem oil is one of the best ways to protect your cannabis plants from pests. The oil contains a chemical that can disrupt the life cycle of insects, preventing them from reaching adulthood and laying eggs. It’s also safe for humans and pets, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally poisoning yourself with it.
However, applying neem oil too often can actually be detrimental to your plants. If you overuse neem oil, you can actually harm your plants by causing them to grow poorly as they try to recover from the toxicity of the insecticide.
Apply this treatment regularly – Due to the hatching cycles of some insects, repeat this Neem oil treatment after 3-4 days. Repeat spraying your plants for about two weeks, until your infestation is under control.
Is Neem Oil Toxic to Humans?
No risk to human health is expected from the use of Cold Pressed Neem Oil because of its low toxicity via all routes of exposure. Cold Pressed Neem Oil has been used for hundreds of years to control plant insects and diseases.
Neem oil contains azadirachtin, which is a natural insecticide that disrupts normal functioning in insects such as mites, aphids, and whiteflies. It also acts as a repellent against ticks and mosquitoes and can help keep your dog flea-free.
Neem oil is safe for humans when used at recommended rates: no adverse effects have been reported with topical applications, but some skin irritation can occur if the oil is not diluted enough.
List of Pesticide For Cannabis
Pesticides are a major concern for cannabis growers, especially those who are growing in greenhouses. However, there are many pesticides that can be used to protect your plants from pests and diseases while also improving the quality of your harvest.
We’ve put together a list of some of the most popular pesticides in use today.
AgroMagen, GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide, Organic Natural Miticide, Fungicide and Insecticide, (2) 33.8 fl.oz.)
Price: $44.99 ($1.33 / Fl Oz)
- KILLS SOFT BODY INSECTS ON CONTACT- Only effective on spider mites (two-spotted mites, broad mites, russet mites), whiteflies, aphids, powdery mildew, and downy mildew.
- OMRI LISTED- Contains all-natural and organic food-based ingredients for organic gardening that is non-toxic and safe for human, pets, bees, ladybugs, and other beneficial predators.
- UNIQUE OIL EMULSION- Our unified and stable oil blends better and safer than other oils for plants. It mixes easily with water without separation and does not burn or suffocate the leaves, affect the plant’s development, or change the fruit’s taste or flavor. It can be used from seedling up to the last day of harvest.
- PROVEN RECORD- Over 10 years of experience with more than 300 successful trials on fruits, vegetables, ornamental, and medical cannabis. With an ongoing R&D process, this product continues to evolve to be brought to perfection for optimal results.
Additional Info :
Trifecta Crop Control Ready to Use Maximum Strength Natural Pesticide, Fungicide, Miticide, Insecticide, Help Defeat Spider Mites, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Mold on Plants 32 OZ Size
Price: $27.95 ($0.87 / Fl Oz)
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals, and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove, and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
Mammoth CANNCONTROL Concentrated Insecticide Spray for Plants, Organic Pesticides for Vegetables and Spider Mites Spray for Indoor Outdoor Plants (250 ml)
- 3X More Powerful – Eliminate mites, PM, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, and white flies.
- Highly Effective – Integrate Mammoth CANNCONTROL into your IPM program to protect your growth.
- How it Works – Controls fungus, insect, and mite infestations with natural thyme oil compounds.
- Safe for All Mediums – Great for soil, coco, Rockwool, hydroponics, and more even foliar.
- Quality Guaranteed – All Mammoth products are guaranteed 2 years from the printed manufactured date
Additional Info :
Humboldts Secret Flower Shield – Powerful Insecticide – Pesticide – Miticide – Fungicide – Bug Spray – Spider Spray – Plant and Flower Protection – Healthy Treatment for Pests and Fungus (2 Ounce)
- EXEMPT FROM EPA REGISTRATION: Humboldts Secret takes pride in creating products for your plants. You’ll be pleased to know that Flower Shield is made from products exempt from EPA registration under minimum-risk pesticides according to FIFRA 25(b).
- PEST MANAGEMENT: Flower Shield by Humboldts Secret is a pest management alternative that works as both a preventative and knock-down treatment for pests and fungus.
- INSECTICIDE, PESTICIDE & MITICIDE: Our Flower Shield formula will kill mites, their eggs, and soft-bodied insects while also controlling powdery mildew. Weekly applications will create an environment that is lethal to pests and fungal spores, but not your plants.
- WORKS ON CONTACT, NO IMMUNITY BUILDUP: Flower Shield is an insecticide, fungicide, and miticide that works on contact and does not allow immunity buildup. Insects cannot become immune to the ingredients found in Flower Shield.
- CONTROLS POWDERY MILDEW: Our formula contains effective ingredients that control and prevent naturally without harming or affecting the environment of your plants in any way.
Additional Info :
Trifecta Crop Control Super Concentrate All-in-One Natural Pesticide, Fungicide, Miticide, Insecticide, Help Defeat Spider Mites, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, Mold, and More on Plants 4 OZ
Price: $37.95 ($9.49 / FL Oz)
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready-to-use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites, and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals, and more with a no-rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove, and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food-grade products so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
The use of pesticides on cannabis is a controversial topic. There are many different opinions about which pesticides should be used, and how they should be applied. While some believe that any pesticide use is unacceptable, others believe that the benefits outweigh the risks.
The most common method of pesticide application is via foliar spray. Foliar spray involves spraying the plant leaves with a pesticide solution; it must be applied to both sides of each leaf in order for it to be effective. Because this method only treats leaves, it can’t kill pests that live on stems or roots.
Foliar sprays are generally considered safe for humans when handled properly, but there is still some concern about potential health effects from long-term exposure through inhalation or skin contact with the chemicals themselves or their fumes during application.