What are the best possum repellents? What repels possums? I created this article to determine what is the best overall and what actually works to keep possums away. I have spent a lot of time researching and comparing various possum-repellent brands. There are many different techniques to try and keep possums out of your yard, so it’s hard to know which one will work for you. You’re looking for a home remedy to keep possums from damaging your roof? Is your roofing contractor claiming that it’s impossible to get rid of them? They are called opossums, and they have an excellent sense of balance and are adept climbers. Possums live inside hollow trees or other shelters during the day, but at night they come out to look for food. Opossum traps would not be effective as well as being cruel. The problem of possums on roofs is a problem that every country resident faces at one point in time or another.
Most people look at a possum and think, “What a cute little guy,” but let’s be honest: Possums are not cute. They’re big, hairy, smelly creatures that carry diseases, destroy your yard, and cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home. If you have one problem with these animals in your yard, you might as well have all of them, the only way to get rid of them is to trap them and release them somewhere far away from your property.
That’s where Home Depot’s Possum Repellent comes in. This spray will keep possums away from your home for up to six months by making it smell like they’re surrounded by predators. The secret ingredient? Skunk. So when you spray this stuff on your lawn or plants, it’ll make everything smell like skunk urine, and even though the odor doesn’t linger for long (it dissipates within a few hours), it’ll give those pesky possums enough time to move on before they get too comfortable around your house.
If you’re looking to keep possums away from your home, there are a variety of ways to do so. The best way is to make sure they have no reason to come back in the first place. If they see food or water on your property, they will keep coming back. That is why it is important to make sure all garbage cans are securely lidded, and that any leftover pet food or bird seed is cleaned up at night.
There are also many natural repellents available for purchase at your local home improvement store. These are usually either made from citrus oil or peppermint oil (or both). Many homeowners swear by these products because they smell nice and don’t contain any harmful chemicals like mothballs or ammonia. However, if you have pets or children in the house, these may not be the best option for deterring possums from entering your yard because they can be harmful if ingested by animals who lick their fur after coming into contact with them. If this happens, call your local veterinarian immediately.
What Is the Best Deterrent for Possums?
Possums are a common pest that can be found in many areas, including your backyard. They are considered a native species in Australia, but they have also been introduced in other parts of the world. These animals are nocturnal, so they will not be seen during the day.
The best way to get rid of possums is by using traps or repellents. If you choose to use traps, make sure that you place them in areas where you’ve noticed signs of possum activity. You may want to try different locations until you find one that works best for you. There are several different types of traps available on the market today: live traps, kill traps, and glue traps. These all work well depending on what type of animal you are trying to catch. If you decide on using glue boards as trap deterrents for possums then place them along known travel paths near trees where these animals like hiding places during daylight hours as well as at night time when they’re most active; this will help with preventing future damage caused by these pests especially if left untreated for long periods of time which could lead to serious health problems for humans who come into contact with them (e.g., asthma attacks).
Is There a Spray to Get Rid of Possums?
Yes, there is a spray that will kill possums. A homemade solution made from dish soap and apple cider vinegar can be used to get rid of possums and other pests.
Good products for killing possums are available at most home improvement stores. These products are designed to kill rodents and other animals that live in homes and businesses. They come in aerosol cans or bottles, and they contain chemicals that can be harmful if inhaled or ingested by humans.
Before using these products, read the label carefully to make sure they are safe for indoor use. The product label will also have specific instructions on how much product you should use per gallon of water, as well as precautions that need to be taken when applying the product outdoors or indoors (such as wearing protective gear).
What Are Possums Scared Of?
Possums are scared of many things. They are most afraid of humans, but they also fear other animals, such as dogs and cats. Possums will run away from these animals if they see them, or if they hear the sounds that these animals make.
Possums are also scared of loud noises, such as those made by fireworks or loud music. They will run away if they hear these noises because they are afraid that the noise could be a sign that something dangerous is coming their way.
Possum babies are especially scared when it comes to loud noises like fireworks and other scary sounds that might be made by humans or animals during a holiday celebration like Halloween or Thanksgiving.”
What Attracts Possums to Your House?
Possums are mammals with very sharp teeth and they’re also nocturnal. They’re known to be carriers of human diseases, so it’s important to make sure that your home is free from these pests.
Possums like to live in trees or shrubs, but sometimes they’ll climb into your attic or basement. If you have a chimney, then you might have a problem with possums coming into your home.
They love to eat fruit and vegetables, so if you have any ripe fruit hanging from trees in your yard, then it could attract them. Possums will also eat birdseed, so if there are birds that feed on birdseed near your house then this can attract possums as well.
List of Possum Repellent Products
The possum is a native Australian animal that has become a popular pet in many areas. Unfortunately, possum repellents can be difficult to find in stores.
This list compiles some of the more popular possum repellents available on the market today.
Bonide Bat Magic Bat Repellent, Pack of 4 Ready-to-Use Scent Packs for Indoor Bat Control
- Bat Magic Bat Repellent Scent Packs use natural ingredients to humanely repel bats from confined areas in your home without causing harm.
- Active ingredients peppermint oil and spearmint oil produce a smell that naturally deters bats from attics, cellars, chimneys, garages, and more.
- Bat Magic uses essential oils as an all-natural and biodegradable deterrent to provide maximum protection from pests.
- The package includes 4 ready to use scent pouches. Begin use with one scent pack per 150 square feet and increase as needed to treat the infestation.
- Scent pouches arrive conveniently and are ready to use. Small pouches can be placed, tossed, or tacked where needed – even in difficult-to-reach and confined areas.
Additional Info :
Bonide Repels-All Animal Repellent, Granules 3 lbs, Deer and Rabbit Repellent
- STRONG REPELLER – This unique blend of ingredients causes mild irritation to animals’ nasal passages. When an animal touches, tastes, or smells Repels-All Animal Repellent, it triggers the natural instinct to escape/avoid and the pest leaves.
- ANIMALS AFFECTED – Our granules repel species of squirrel, deer, rabbit, chipmunk, mouse, skunk, rat, beaver, raccoon, porcupine, bird, groundhog, and more rodent species.
- DEFEND YOUR GARDEN AND HOME – Apply around homes, gardens, garbage cans, barns, swimming pools, sheds, woodpiles, decks, patios, and campsites to prevent grazing, chewing, gnawing, nibbling and browsing damage to plants and property.
- BIODEGRADABLE – Repels-All granules are biodegradable and will not harm animals, lawns, gardens, flowerbeds, or other desirable plants when used as directed.
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint Gallon (128 oz) Rodent Natural Peppermint Oil Spray
Price: $35.98 ($0.28 / Fl Oz)
- Naturally Safe for People and Pets – Smells Good Too.
- Extra-Concentrated Strength for Long-Lasting Protection
- Great for RV, Auto, Garage, and Storage
- High-Grade, Locally-Sourced Pure Origin Peppermint Essential Oil
- Drives Mice and Rats Crazy and Keeps Them Away – Humane and Effective
Additional Info :
Ultrasonic Animal Repellent Device for Garden, Deer Repeller Outdoor, Bird Deterrent Devices with Motion Sensor &Strobe Light for Mole, Dog, Squirrel, Snake, Rabbit, Groundhogs, Rodent, Mice, Raccoon, Cat, Bat.
- [Effective & Humane Repellent] 60Stars ultrasonic animal repeller has different sensitivity modes that can be automatically switched on to repel different animals, including but not limited to deers, squirrels, rabbits, rats, cats, foxes, raccoons, skunks, rodents, etc. Our animal-repellent device defends your garden in an effective and humane way to drive animals away with a PIR sensor by emitting ultrasonic waves and strong flashing LED lights. No chemicals or poisons, no traps.
- [Easy Installation & Extensive Coverage] the electric ultrasonic deterrent device is easy to install in two methods: underground plug-in and wall-mounted. It is designed with 2 hanging holes and 3 poles that allow you to hang on trees, fences, and walls or insert it into the ground. After installation, you can set the frequency to determine the range area. The PIR sensor can detect animals for an extensive coverage of up to 1600 Sq.ft in a radius area of 40 feet and a 120-degree detection area.
- [3 Working Modes] 60Stars outdoor deterrent device with 3 working modes, Motion Sensor: detects pests & animals in a range and then triggers the ultrasonic wave of the device to work. /Constant: no sensor trigger, continuous alarm sound and ultrasonic sound./Cont. Sweep: The ultrasonic frequency will be emitted incrementally between low and high frequency and back
- [Eco-friendly & Waterproof] 60Stars solar ultrasonic animal repeller is environment-friendly and easy to operate. The pest repellent features a new and unique design suitable for outdoor use with a waterproof rating of IP65. It is made of high-quality ABS material with weatherproof construction, which can withstand all weather conditions such as rain, snow, or harsh sun.
- [100% Quality Warranty] A free 2-year warranty will be provided by registration. For any inquiries or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team. We are always ready to take good care of our customers and resolve issues to your complete satisfaction.
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint – 16oz Ant Killer and Repellent Spray – Natural Peppermint Oil Control – Indoor / Outdoor Safe
Price : $14.99 ($0.94 / Fl Oz)
- Safe around People and Pets
- Natural Ingredients
- Highly Effective Contact Kill and Repellent
- Powerful Fresh Mint Scent
- Works for All Types of Ants
Additional Info :
Possums are a common problem for homeowners and can be hard to get rid of. The best way to deal with possums is by preventing them from coming in the first place. There are many methods you can use to keep possums out of your home. One of these methods is using possum-repellent home depot.
A good possum-repellent home depot will work by deterring the animals from coming near your home or yard. This will help keep them away from their food source, which is garbage, pet food, and other things that may attract them to your property. A good repellent will also help prevent them from tearing up your garden or causing damage to any plants or flowers you have planted outside on your property.