Possums are not native to Australia and can cause problems. They spread disease, damage trees, destroy homes, foul your garden and enjoy getting into the trash. Larger marsupials such as Kangaroos, Koalas and Wombats do not pose any critical risk to humans, but Possums can spread bacteria from their droppings like Salmonella and Leptospirosis. Possums are the largest Australian marsupials known as “pouched mammals”. They have a long snout and a prehensile tail. Possums have opposable thumbs, sharp claws, and nocturnal habits. They eat insects, fruits, amphibians, and reptiles as well as grain and sap. Possums are naturally attracted to gardens because of their food sources. To get rid of these creatures from your garden it is necessary to use possum repellents. The following tips will help to repel possums from your garden. One of the more frequent call-outs we get to remove possums from a property is “can’t get rid of them”, that is, they have repeatedly returned after efforts to scare them away or have them removed. Possums usually become a problem on a property as they seek out nesting areas in homes and other buildings. This leads us to some important information and tips on how to get rid of possums effectively.
Possums are nocturnal animals that can be a nuisance to your yard. They will eat the fruit and vegetables in your garden, dig up your flowers, and generally make a mess of things. Since they are nocturnal, you may not notice them until it’s too late.
There are many different repellents that can be used to keep possums away from your garden and yard. Some of these products are made from natural ingredients like peppermint oil or citronella oil, which can be sprayed around the perimeter of your property to keep possums away from certain areas. Other products use more aggressive ingredients like ammonia or capsaicin, which are more likely to repel all types of animals rather than just possums.
If you find yourself having trouble with possums in your yard or garden, try using one of these repellents before investing in expensive fencing or other barriers to keep them out.
What Do Possums Hate Most?
Possums are a common nuisance for homeowners, farmers, and pet owners. They can be difficult to get rid of because they’re so difficult to find and because they can be so destructive. However, there are a few things you can do to drive them away from your home or property.
The first thing you need to do is find out what possums hate most. This will help you figure out how best to keep them away from your home without having to resort to harsh chemicals or other methods that might harm the environment or other animals.
Possums hate bright light. If you have lots of lamps and lights in your yard, this will make it harder for them to hide when they’re out at night looking for food. You can also try using brighter security lighting around your house so that it will deter any possum intruders from coming near your property at night time when it’s dark outside.”
How Do You Keep Possums Away?
Possums are a common nuisance in the Australian bush, where they can cause significant damage to crops and native plants. While possums are not considered to be pests in other parts of the world, they can occasionally be found in urban areas.
If you have a possum problem, there are several steps that you can take to keep them away from your property and prevent damage.
The first thing that you should do is make sure that your home is sealed so that possums cannot enter through holes or gaps. You should also trim any trees near your house so that they do not provide an easy access point for these animals.
If these methods do not work, then chemical repellents may be an option for keeping possums away from your property. Some of these repellents include propane gas, mothballs, peppermint oil and scented candles. These methods may help to deter possums from entering your house but they will not provide long-term results if other measures have been taken first.
What Smell Do Possums Hate the Most?
Possums are a common invasive species in many parts of the world, including Australia, New Zealand, and North America. They are known to cause damage to farms and gardens, as they eat fruit and vegetables while they’re still growing on the plants. While possums may look cute, they can be a nuisance to homeowners who want to keep their yards and gardens looking nice.
One way to repel possums is through the use of scents that they find offensive. Possums are very sensitive to certain smells, and certain scents can make them flee an area quickly. The most effective scents for repelling possums include citrus oils like orange or lemon oil; cedarwood oil; peppermint oil; clove oil; eucalyptus oil; rosemary oil; lavender oil; cinnamon oil; citronella oil; pine needles; catnip leaves; mothballs (these are toxic to humans); fresh coffee grounds (these should be applied directly onto the ground).
What Home Remedy Will Get Rid of Possums?
Possums can be a real nuisance in the home, but they are also quite cute. There are many things you can do to get rid of them, including setting traps and poisons. However, there is a much safer option out there that will not harm your family or pets.
The best way to get rid of possums in your home is by using peppermint oil. This herb has a strong aroma that repels most pests and animals, including possums. It works by causing an irritation in their nasal passages, which makes it very uncomfortable for them to stay near your home.
To use this method, simply place some drops of peppermint oil on cotton balls throughout your house. You can also put small bowls filled with water and a few drops of peppermint oil around the outside perimeter of your property so that they won’t come near it at all times of day or night when they’re hungry.
List of Possum Repellent
There are many different types of possum repellent and each one has its own unique characteristics. Some are more effective than others, but they all have one thing in common: they are designed to keep these pests away from your home
PHIMINNEX Solar Animal Repeller, Ultrasonic Repellent, Motion Detection, LED Flashing Light, Dog, Cat Repellent, Squirrel, Raccoon, Skunk, Rabbit, Rodent, Fox, Deer, etc.
- ¡¾Ultrasonic repeller for animals¡¿ The solar animal repeller adopts the principle of infrared detection to emit small waves while small animals drive small animals and birds. This can help you stay away from harassing cats, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, rabbits, rodents, foxes, Deer, and other stray animals, protecting your garden and property from your garden.
- ¡¾Waterproof and easy to use¡¿ It is an excellent outdoor solar ultrasonic animal repellent, designed with a hanging hole that allows you to suspend objects such as trees, fences, and walls to ensure the optimal effect, or to place the ground stake under the, its waterproof design allows it to operate in all weather conditions.
- ¡¾High sensitivity¡¿ The motion sensor covers an angle of 110 degrees left and right, as well as a 50-degree arc from top to bottom, up to a maximum distance of 10 m for monitoring. The quality of the detection depends on the size of the animal (the larger the animal, the wider its range).
- ¡¾Solar power, rechargeable batteries¡¿ Lithium rechargeable battery is for option, you can continue working for 2-3 weeks even in cloudy weather. If it rains for a long time, use the USB charging cable to charge. Compared to the type of battery change, there is no need to worry that the battery is exhausted. (Approximately 3 hours to complete charging).
- ¡¾Safety and environmental protection¡¿ The solar repellent uses a speaker design that uses ultrasonic and LED lamps to expel animals: eco-friendly, chemical-free, safe for the human body, and safe for humans and animals.
Additional Info :
Bonide Repels-All Animal Repellent, Granules 3 lbs, Deer and Rabbit Repellent
- STRONG REPELLER – This unique blend of ingredients causes mild irritation to animals’ nasal passages. When an animal touches, tastes, or smells Repels-All Animal Repellent, it triggers the natural instinct to escape/avoid, and the pest leaves.
- ANIMALS AFFECTED – Our granules repel species of squirrel, deer, rabbit, chipmunk, mouse, skunk, rat, beaver, raccoon, porcupine, bird, groundhog, and more rodent species.
- DEFEND YOUR GARDEN AND HOME – Apply around homes, gardens, garbage cans, barns, swimming pools, sheds, woodpiles, decks, patios, and campsites to prevent grazing, chewing, gnawing, nibbling and browsing damage to plants and property.
- BIODEGRADABLE – Repels-All granules are biodegradable and will not harm animals, lawns, gardens, flowerbeds, or other desirable plants when used as directed.
Additional Info :
Virine Mice Repellent Plug-ins, Rodent Squirrels Repellent Indoor Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Mouse Deterrent Rat Control for Home Attic Garage RV
- 4-Function Switch – TEST: simulates the sounds that pests hear, checking the ultrasound works or not; ULTRA: ultrasonic sound, effectively repels mice, roaches, fleas, crickets, ants, etc; TRANS: pressure waves, effectively repel squirrels; DUO: ULTRA mode and TRANS mode works at the same time
- Provides More Coverage – Each ultrasonic pest repeller has effective coverage in areas up to 1076 Sq. ft and they’re more effective if spread throughout the home
- Keeps Noise Changing – The plug-in mice repellent varies the sounds to prevent rodents from growing accustomed to high-frequency noise, continuously creating an unfriendly environment that deters and discourages rat & mice infestations
- Maximum Effectiveness – Combining ultrasonic and electromagnetic frequencies, the rat-repellent pulses emitted target the nervous system of nasty household pests
- Children and Pets Safe – Humans, cats, and dogs would not be affected by the ultrasonic sounds and feel pulses; Does not emit an unpleasant smell, have no chemicals & are non-toxic, safe to use around kids & pets
Additional Info :
Mighty Mint Gallon (128 oz) Rodent Natural Peppermint Oil Spray
Price: $35.98 ($0.28 / Fl Oz)
- Naturally Safe for People and Pets – Smells Good Too.
- Extra-Concentrated Strength for Long-Lasting Protection
- Great for RV, Auto, Garage, and Storage
- High-Grade, Locally-Sourced Pure Origin Peppermint Essential Oil
- Drives Mice and Rats Crazy and Keeps Them Away – Humane and Effective
Additional Info :
Rodent Sheriff Pest Control – Ultra-Pure Peppermint Spray – Repels Mice, Raccoons, Ants, and More – Made in USA (2)
Price: $24.99 ($1.56 / Fl Oz)
- Made with all-natural peppermint oil, SAFE to use around pets and children but rodents hate it. Nontoxic – MADE IN AMERICA
- Safe to spray in your home or garden. Rodents naturally dislike the smell of this handcrafted peppermint formula and will repel pests almost immediately
- Proven to repel mice, raccoons, roaches, insects & more
- Contains two 8-ounce bottles of all-natural peppermint power – Enough for 2,000 sprays.
- Use anywhere that’s prone to pests – Garages, basements, kitchens, attics, sheds, trash cans, & more. Intended for indoor and outdoor use
Additional Info :
Possums are beautiful animals, but they can be a nuisance when they get into your attic or shed. If you want to keep possums away from your home, you have to understand why they’re attracted to your property.
Possum repellents are some of the most effective ways to keep them away from your property and prevent them from damaging it. There are several different types of repellents available, including liquid sprays and granular powders that contain ingredients like rotten eggs or urine.
The most important part of repelling possums is ensuring that you apply the repellent correctly. You’ll also need to reapply it every few weeks if you want it to remain effective against possums and other pests that may try to invade your home or business premises.