Bedbugs are a growing problem. They are moving into apartments and homes, and infesting beds, furniture, and clothing. Before you even consider an exterminator, follow these steps to determine if you have a bedbug problem, and what you can do to prepare for an invasion. Bed bugs are an insect that live off of their host (there’s more than one type of bed bug) and use them to feed. They sleep, eat and reproduce inside their hosts and do not like bright light. When you first see a bed bug you might think it’s a tick since they tend to look similar but there are several ways you can tell the difference. When people think of preparing for bed bug treatment they often focus on a few key areas – clothes, furniture, and some personal belongings. They do this because they are thinking, “If there are just a few bugs, can I ignore everything else?” Unfortunately there is no magic bullet to treating bed bugs. Pajamas and bedding can be treated with special chemicals but even these items cannot be taken out of the home until after the final treatment has been performed. We will go into more detail about the five key areas you should prepare for in the following article.
Preparing For Bed Bug Treatment
Preparation for bed bug treatment is a very important part of the process. You need to make sure you have done everything possible to prepare your home before the professionals arrive. This includes clearing out clutter, removing furniture, and disposing of items that could be infested with bed bugs.
The professionals will tell you what to do on the day of treatment, but it’s important to know what needs to be done in advance of their arrival so that you can get it done in time. For example, if they want you to remove your furniture from certain rooms or areas, make sure that happens before they get there so they don’t have to wait around while you move things around or drag them out into the hallways!
You should prepare your home for a bed bug treatment. It is important to make sure that you don’t make it harder for the exterminator by making it harder for them to do their job.
Make sure that you have all of your belongings up off of the floor. This will help prevent them from crawling into anything that you may have forgotten about or didn’t know was there. You also want to make sure that all of your valuables are out of sight so that they don’t get treated with pesticides and then brought back into your home without knowing it.
Get rid of any clutter or furniture that is not being used anymore or isn’t good quality anymore (if you don’t think that it can be rebuilt). If you have any infested items in the house, be sure to wrap them in plastic and put them in a garbage bag so that they aren’t able to spread around any more than they already have been through the house during the treatment process.
Remove all food items from cabinets, pantries, refrigerators, etc., as well as anything else that could attract pests such as pet food bowls and dishes full of water near doors leading outside.
List of Preparing For Bed Bug Treatment
- Eliminate Home Invading Pests: bugmd is the safe and effective way to target hundreds of indoor and outdoor pests including ants, fleas, mosquitoes, roaches, mites, moths, spiders and tons more This essential oil based spray is the perfect solution to keep your home, yard and other spaces pest free without ever sacrificing your family’s health and safety.
- One small concentrate bottle is all you need to create a 32 oz bottle of pest control spray that can easily be sprayed in and out of the home, including in bathrooms, bedrooms, pet areas, kitchens, baseboards, sheds, cabinets and gardens and outdoor areas. Simply add your full Essential Pest concentrate to 27 oz of cold water into a bugmd Essential “Forever” Spray bottle, shake and spray.
- Plant Based, Non-Toxic Formula: bugmd utilizes the power of plant oils such as cottonseed oil and clove oil, instead of toxic killers, chemical sprays and poisonous fumes, so you never have to worry about putting your family in danger while you effectively control pest invasions. bugmd is safe for wood, carpet and fabrics.
- Fast Acting Formula: Our essential oil based spray kills some species in seconds and eliminates all within 30 minutes. Plus, bugmd can even work on some species known to have resistance to typical insecticides and sprays. Utilize this versatile formula as often as needed to quickly and safely defend your home.
- Effectively Protect Your Home: Our multi-use pest control spray effectively kills insects at all stages of their lifecycle. From eggs, to larvae, to adults, our biopesticide powerfully treats and eliminates the invasion of pests at any stage, so you can enjoy a bug free home.
Additional Info :
- Kill both adult and pre-adult larvae fleas
- Also works on lice bed bugs and ticks
- Kills hatching eggs for up to 8 weeks
- Fast-acting for long term control
- Kills on contact
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Easy to Use – Just plug the electronic pe-st control ultrasonic repell-ent in power sockets; It will start to repel the pe-sts when the blue light on
- Wide Coverage: Each insect repell-ent covers an area of up to 1600 square feet. It’s widely used in homes, warehouses, offices, gardens, hotels, etc. Only a few products are needed to protect the whole family from insects
- Effective for most the pests: install one pest repe-ller throughout each room for full coverage, repelling rodents, bugs, cockroaches, ants, insects and more
- Safe for human and pets： The electronic pest repell-ent is safe for pregnant woman and baby,and No need to clean up dead pests, no battery required and cost little electricity. Gives you a Safety and Eco-friendly home.
- How it Work and What Can Repel: The ultrasonic pest repell-ers adopt the high-frequency ultrasonic technology to disturb and irritate the nervous system of pests, to make them uncomfortable and force them to leave your home.
Additional Info :
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray freshens and deodorizes carpets, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. ounce size.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Powder kills brown dog ticks, fleas, and flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
Additional Info :