Plants have been used to repel fleas and ticks for centuries. Fleas and ticks are insects with built-in sensors that enable them to detect carbon dioxide, heat, and vibration. The theory is simple: If a plant produces high levels of carbon dioxide, smells awful, or can make pets or people uncomfortable in some way, pests will find it less than desirable as a place to live/feed. Ticks and fleas are a nuisance to pets and people. They interfere with our enjoyment of the outdoors and disrupt the lives of our animals. The best way to repel ticks and fleas is to avoid them in the first place. Re-apply repellent as needed, especially after exposure to ticks and fleas. At the heart of every animal is a natural desire to live life in a way that makes them happy and comfortable. For dogs, this means chasing balls, chewing on bones and lying down in the sun. But fleas and ticks can quickly make this dream a nightmare. Their bite itches. Their saliva could trigger allergies, paralysis and other reactions that no dog owner should have to deal with. That’s why I only recommend plants that repel fleas and ticks.
Plants That Repel Fleas And Ticks
Ticks can be a problem for your dog. They can carry diseases, and they can make your dog uncomfortable. If you want to keep ticks off of your dog, consider planting these plants in your yard:
Lavender – Lavender is one of the most effective plants for repelling ticks and fleas. It also smells great!
Rosemary – Rosemary is another great plant for repelling fleas and ticks, as well as mosquitoes. It also adds a nice flavor to food when it’s cooked with other herbs or meats.
Pennyroyal – This herb is very effective at repelling ticks, but it is toxic to cats so keep them away from it if you have both cats and dogs in your house!
The best way to keep fleas and ticks at bay is to keep your yard and garden clean, but if you want to plant some plants that will help keep them away from your home, here are a few options.
Lavender: Lavender is a perennial plant that grows well in most environments, and it smells great! It repels fleas, ticks and other insects and can be planted near the house or in a flower bed.
Marigolds: Marigolds repel mosquitoes and other flying insects, including fleas and ticks. They also attract beneficial insects like bees, so they’re good for your garden as well as your home. You can use marigolds in pots or in your garden beds themselves.
Catnip: Catnip is an herb that smells great to cats but bad to most other animals (including fleas). It’s easy to grow in most climates and makes a nice addition to any garden bed or container.
List of Plants That Repel Fleas And Ticks
- 【Safely Kills Bugs All Stages & Repels】: This Flea & Tick Removal Spray is made based on the award-winning Naturally Effective botanical bioinsecticide technology developed by EcoVenger, formerly known as, EcoRaider. It is formulated to be safely used on dogs and cats to treat active infestations or for preventative purposes. It quickly eliminates fleas, mites and ticks of all life stages including eggs and provides extended repellency protection against biting insects, especially mosquitoes.
- 【Natural & Non-Toxic but Highly Efficacious】: Contains no pyrethrin, permethrin or any other harsh chemicals. Its active ingredients are our very own proprietary combination of botanical insecticidal compounds that are organically extracted from aromatic plants. The formula is lethal to insects by blocking their neuron transmitter, but does not affect humans, animals, fish or birds. It works faster than other green products and is a lot safer than chemical pesticides.
- 【Protection & Prevention】: Can be used as protection against active infestation. Spray directly on their coat until wet, but not soaking. Rub the entire coat until the entirety of your pet is damp. Let it air dry for 15 minutes and then thoroughly bathe the pets to remove any bugs. Can also be applied routinely as prevention. Spray directly on pets before any outdoor activities, such as hiking. Product effectively deters biting and hitch-hiking insects.
- 【Must-have House Keeping Tool】: Can be used either indoors or outdoors as a housekeeping tool for your furry friends or for your home to eliminate brought-in fleas and ticks. Spray on areas where pets mostly stay such as pet cribs, cages, bedding, scratchers, carriers, blankets, carpets, rugs, couches and futons to kill fleas, mites, ticks and their eggs. Product does not cause stains or discoloration when used as directed.
- 【Safety is Our Priority】: EcoVenger goes through strict examination by an EPA authorized lab to ensure the whole formula imposes no toxicity in dermal sensitization, oral intake, skin irritation, eye irritation or inhalation. Therefore, the product is pet, bird and fish friendly, and can be safely used around children and the elderly.
Additional Info :
- PROTECT AND REPEL: The combination of essential oils works as flea and tick repellent, providing your pets with all the care they deserve. The best plant powered flea and tick spray prevention for dogs.
- PLANT-BASE CARE: Featuring plant-based ingredients like Lemongrass and Cedarwood Oils, our plant powered flea and tick spray takes care of your pets and the planet. Coat defense for dogs that you can apply with confidence!
- FRESH HERBAL FRAGRANCE: The soothing scent of Lemongrass and Cedarwood oils provides a pleasant fresh, herbacious and minty fragrance, keeping your pets feeling fresh the whole day.
- PET SAFE AND CRUELTY-FREE: Every ingredient in this product is specifically approved under the US’s Minimum Risk Program, which means that the Environmental Protection Agency has pre-cleared every ingredient as safe for pets, people, and the planet without the need for cruel animal lab testing. It’s also Certified Leaping Bunny cruelty-free.
- MADE IN USA: Every kin+kind bottle is lovingly mixed, labeled, and shipped by the hands of our employees paid a responsible, living wage. With an emphasis on safe and ethical production, we create products you can actually feel good about using.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
- 【Kills All Types of Home Invasive Insect Pests】: A versatile home protection tool against all unwelcoming bugs. This natural insect spray kills and repels invasive insects and provides continuous protection for your house. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging bugs and other common household insects including but not limited to cockroaches, spiders, flies, fleas, borers, dust mites, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, and moths.
- 【Kills All Stages of Insects Plus Repels】: Kills adult insects, nymphs, larvae and eggs all-inclusive, even kills the pesticide-resistant insects on contact. Just spray it, no insects can escape. After spraying the insecticide spray, the residual effectiveness continues to work for 3 to 4 weeks, providing extended preventative protection.
- 【Proven by Published University Studies】：EcoVenger (Formerly EcoRaider) is rated #1 “the most effective among many other natural products”, stated in a leading university study published by the Journal of Economic Entomology. More studies have demonstrated that its efficacy is comparable to or higher than most popular chemical pesticides (Deltamethrin, Cyfluthrin and Chlorfenapyr). When comes to pesticide-resistant super bugs, it outperforms chemical pesticides by several folds!
- 【Natural & Non-Toxic but Highly Efficacious】：Contains no pesticides or toxins. Its active ingredients are our proprietary combination of botanical insecticidal compounds that are organically extracted from aromatic plants. The compounds combination is lethal to insects by blocking their neuron transmitter but does not affect humans, animals, fish or birds.
- 【Your Safety is Our Priority】：EcoVenger goes through strict examination by an EPA authorized lab to ensure the whole formula imposes no toxicity in dermal sensitization, oral intake, skin irritation, eye irritation or inhalation. Therefore the product can be safely used around children and the elderly. It is also pet, bird and fish friendly so you can use it almost anywhere with peace of mind. No need to vacate before spraying. No staining on most surfaces. Pleasant scent that dissipates fast!
Additional Info :
- Tall boot sock; lightweight; Proven to repel mosquitoes, ants, ticks, flies, chiggers and midges
- Permethrin Repellent provides odorless protection; ultra-dri moisture wicking
- All season wear; half cushion foot
- Stay up leg and top
- Reinforced heel and toe; made in USA
Additional Info :