You love your vegetables, who doesn’t? You’ve been growing vegetables for several years now and are sure you know everything there is to know about them. But a few months ago, bugs started attacking your vegetables, and you have no idea why. If you don’t act quickly, you’ll have to throw away all the vegetables you had later on this summer. You wonder what in the world you can use to stop these pests. Right now, you’re probably using chemicals to protect your plants but really these will do more damage than good. No, instead of using toxic chemicals that will harm the environment as well as yourself when eating the food, consider switching to natural pesticides for vegetable gardens. These are made from all-natural products that will get rid of bugs and other insects without harsh side effects. One of the most difficult tasks to deal with when you’re growing vegetables for human consumption is getting rid of pests. In many cases, using chemical pesticides may seem like the only reasonable way to deal with it. But this isn’t true for everybody since some believe in eating only organically grown food. Which is why we decided to study and write about all natural pesticide for vegetables
All Natural Pesticide For Vegetables
1 – Hot Pepper Wax Spray
- Hot Pepper Wax Spray
This spray is effective against both insects and mammals that enjoy stealing from your garden. It can be used on vegetables as well as ornamental plants.
To create hot pepper wax spray, you’ll need the following:
- 1 quart warm water
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes or powder (the hotter the better)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons dish soap (preferably natural)
Pour everything into a blender and mix it all together on the highest setting possible for at least two minutes until it’s soapy, then let it sit overnight so that the solution can thicken to a waxy consistency. After 24 hours, pour it through a strainer to get rid of any solids before putting into your spray bottle and applying to your plants as needed—twice per week should do the trick.
2 – Tobacco and Water
- Tobacco and Water: Tobacco is a natural pesticide, containing the toxic nicotine. When tobacco is soaked in water overnight, it can create a mixture that repels bugs from entering your garden.
3 – Garlic Spray
Garlic spray is a natural repellent to many insects and is easy to make at home. It works especially well on aphids, Japanese beetles, and spider mites. Garlic spray also helps repel mosquitoes and some species of flies.
You can use garlic spray in your garden or around your home. If you want to protect your plants but don’t want the scent of garlic on them, mix garlic oil with neem oil instead of water.
4 – Tomato Leaf Spray
The tomato leaf spray is a natural pesticide made from the leaves of tomato plants.
To make this pesticide, chop 1 cup of fresh tomato leaves (stem included) and place them in 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, remove it from heat, and allow it to cool before straining out the solids. The liquid that remains can be sprayed onto your organic vegetables or fruit trees as needed. It’s effective against aphids and whiteflies, but won’t kill slugs—so you may need to use another method for these pests if you’ve got them around your garden.
This mixture is generally considered safe for vegetables since it’s not toxic to people or pets; however, it can cause an upset stomach in small children if ingested (so don’t spray it on lettuce heads or other plants that could be eaten whole).
5 – Neem Oil Spray
Neem Oil Spray
Neem oil is a very effective pesticide that is safe to use on fruits, vegetables, and in the home. There are many different types of neem oil products available for treating pests, but we recommend using an organic neem oil spray with a concentration of 70% or higher. Neem oil is non-toxic to humans and pets, and it will not harm your plants. It works by disrupting the reproductive cycle of insects so they cannot lay eggs and produce young.
To make your own homemade neem oil spray, mix 1 cup of water with 2 teaspoons of pure neem oil and 5 drops of liquid dish soap (which helps the mixture stick to plants). Shake well before each use because this product needs to be mixed thoroughly each time you use it on your garden plants or houseplants. Apply once per week as needed for best results!
There are a lot of natural pesticides that can protect your vegetables
There are a lot of natural pesticides that can protect your vegetables. You can also choose from either chemical or organic ones; it’s up to you and your comfort level. If you have an environmentally friendly garden, then the best choice for you is an all-natural pesticide. The best thing about using these types of pesticides is that they won’t harm the soil or plants in any way (unless used improperly). This means no toxic chemicals getting into the food we eat!
You may want to consider some other factors before deciding on which type of pesticide to use on your garden though. For example, if you grow vegetables regularly then it might be worth investing in more expensive but effective natural pesticides so that they don’t need replacing as often – this could save money over time even though at first glance those products seem expensive compared with more basic ones which don’t last as long but cost less upfront
- Fast acting and odorless – Monterey insect Killer is a bacterial product produced by fermentation which rapidly treats plants and does not produce odors.
- Controls many insects – the insect treatment Spray controls caterpillars, leafminers, codling moth, tent caterpillars, gypsy moth, trips, borers, fire ants, and more.
- Variety of uses – this pest control can be used on outdoor ornamentals, lawns, vegetables, and also broadleaf weeds.
- Easy spray application – this CSI alternative product may be applied with a trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack, or hose-end Sprayers. Carefully read the label directions before use for optimal application.
- Organic gardening – the active ingredient in our bug Killer spray is a natural bacteria called spinosad, which is the newest agricultural chemistry to be introduced. Approved For organic gardening, our product is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready to use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more with a no rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food grade product so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
- KILLS SOFT BODY INSECTS ON CONTACT- Only effective on spider mites (two-spotted mites, broad mites, russet mites), whiteflies, aphids, powdery mildew, and downy mildew.
- OMRI LISTED- Contains all-natural and organic food-based ingredients for organic gardening that is non-toxic and safe for human, pets, bees, ladybugs, and other beneficial predators.
- UNIQUE OIL EMULSION- Our unified and stable oil blends better and safer than other oils for plants. It mixes easy with water without separation and does not burn or suffocate the leaves, effect the plant’s development, or change the fruit’s taste or flavor. It can be used from seedling up to last day of harvest.
- PROVEN RECORD- Over 10 years’ experience with more than 300 successful trials on fruits, vegetables, ornamental and medical cannabis. With an ongoing R&D process, this product continues to evolve to be brought to perfection for optimal results.
Additional Info :
- 1 pack of 32 ounce bottles
- Fit is the only produce wash certified Kosher
- Certified vegan
- Cleans away natural fertilizers, dirt and other residues
- Rinses away clean, leaving no aftertaste or smell
Additional Info :
- Rodale Press
Additional Info :