Bed bugs are a common problem. You see, the way they multiply is that they actually bite humans, and the little bites swell up into little welts and hives. The welts, or welts and blisters all over your body can happen at night, while you are sleeping in bed. The bed bugs are parasitic by nature – they only attack you when you are asleep. That is why nobody knows about how bad it is until you wake up with a new series of itchy red bumps on your skin. Bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals, usually at night. They range in color from nearly white to brown, but before feeding, they appear a deep red. You may find them hiding in bedding material or behind baseboards, electrical outlets, or wood floors. Although bed bug bites can be irritating, they do not pose a serious health risk. A bed bug infestation can be devastating to both you and your life. If you’ve noticed bites appearing on your body at night, you may have an allergic reaction to bed bugs. The most common allergies are dermatological allergies and nasal symptoms, which include nasal congestion, sneezing, itchy nose, and watery eyes. Other symptoms may include ear problems, asthma flare-ups, unexplained rashes or headaches.
Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
Common Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
Bed bug bites are similar to mosquito bites. They may be hard to detect, especially if you are bitten in your sleep. If you have bed bugs, your bites will be located on areas of skin exposed while sleeping such as the face, neck, arms and hands. It is common to find several bites lined up in a row or grouped together in small areas.
Bites typically cause itching and irritation at the bite site. This may progress into mild swelling and redness of the skin immediately surrounding the bite. In rare cases, people can have an allergic reaction to bed bug bites which causes hives or more severe reactions that require medical attention especially if there is swelling at the bite site that affects breathing ability.
Symptoms of Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
A person may experience the following symptoms after being bitten by a bedbug:
- Red, itchy skin
- Skin rash
- Blistering of the skin (severe cases)
- Skin ulceration (severe cases)
In rare cases, a person may experience anaphylaxis from bed bug bites. Anaphylaxis is also known as anaphylactic shock and causes difficulty breathing. In severe cases, a person can lose consciousness when experiencing anaphylaxis.
Types of Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
The most common type of allergic reaction to bed bug bites is an itchy rash. However, you may also experience allergic symptoms such as hives, welts, or blisters. As many as 50% of people will experience an allergic reaction to bed bugs; however, doctors have found that some people are more sensitive than others. Allergic reactions to bed bug bites can be mild or severe. People who have a history of allergies are more likely to react badly to bed bug bites. Some individuals may be allergic to the proteins in the insect’s saliva and not even notice a bite until it becomes infected or inflamed by scratching.
Causes of Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
Bed bugs are not known to transmit disease, but the most common reaction to bed bug bites is mild irritation. In some people, however, bed bug bites can cause severe allergic reactions that lead to secondary bacterial infections from scratching at the red bumps and welts.
The exact cause of a person’s allergic reaction to bed bug bites is unknown. Possible factors include genetics (inherited susceptibility), previous exposure and your immune system (the body’s natural defense against infection).
If you have an allergic reaction to mosquito bites or bee stings, you are likely to react strongly to bed bug bites as well. People with asthma also appear to be more sensitive than others; they usually have more severe reactions and need immediate medical treatment.
Treatment for Allergic Reaction To Bed Bug Bites
The first step in treating an allergic reaction to a bed bug bite is to treat the swelling, itchiness, and pain. You can do this through cold compresses or ice packs for about 20 minutes at a time. Soaking the bites in cool water also helps.
Taking over-the-counter medications like Benadryl can help reduce inflammation and relieve some symptoms of an allergic reaction to bed bug bites. Using calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream may also provide relief from itching.
Most minor reactions to bed bugs will go away on their own within one week without treatment. However, if you notice severe reactions like difficulty breathing or skin infections around the bite site, it’s important that you seek medical attention right away by calling 911 or visiting your local emergency room (ER).
In most cases, bed bug bites are just annoying and uncomfortable. If you have an allergy to them though, they can cause serious health problems and should be taken seriously by seeking prompt medical treatment.
If you have an allergic reaction to bed bug bites, see a doctor immediately.
If you have an allergic reaction to bed bug bites, see a doctor immediately. An allergic reaction can be treated with medication in order to reduce the severity of the symptoms. If left untreated, this reaction can become dangerous and cause long term health problems.
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- A Massage Body Scrub – Majestic Pure Himalayan Salt Scrub is formulated with powerful Natural Ingredients including Lychee berry, Sweet Almond Oil, and various Nutrients for their benefits on skin. Lychee Berry Oil has a soft, delicate scent and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Bath Scrub Detoxifies & Hydrates skin. It can be used by Men & Women.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub – Himalayan salt is known for its impressive nutrient profile, which includes high trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper & iron. These nutrients help detoxify skin by balancing pH levels in the body. The pink salt crystals act as a pore-minimizer to restore smooth, soft skin; Himalayan Salt color can vary from light to dark pink color hence the scrub color may vary.
- Detoxification + Hydration – Salt Body Scrub Exfoliate for Body removes dead cells, toxins, dirt, pollution, and from pores. Scrubbing with sea salt scrub also assists in rejuvenation of skin; leaving not only your skin revived but also refreshing your whole Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Skin Blemish Solution – Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of Acne, Blackheads, Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Scars, and Excess Oil. A pore-minimizer and hydrating solution to leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and firmer. Great leg exfoliator for strawberry legs.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA – At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in these delayed release tablets is omeprazole 20 mg, which works as an acid reducer to treat frequent heartburn. Compare to Prilosec OTC
- TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week
- ACID REDUCER: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) that deactivates pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source.
- 14-DAY COURSE OF HEARTBURN TREATMENT: Taken once every 24 hours for 14 days, Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn and may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- HEARTBURN TIPS: Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime. Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some fruits and vegetables.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :