Farmers have a long history of using pesticides to protect their crops against bugs and pests. These methods keep the crops healthy, allowing them to grow large and healthy fruit. Some of these pesticides continue to be used today, although regulations have changed since the 1960s. In order for farmers to produce healthy crops for sale, there needs to be a balance between high crop yields and protection from harmful pesticides. Pesticides are used in farming so farmers can protect their crops from harmful insects, diseases, and weeds. The use of pesticides has gradually increased over the years as technology advances make it easier for farmers to produce more within less time. There is a need for safe and effective agricultural pesticides that are currently being manufactured by various companies worldwide. No conventional pesticide is going to provide a complete solution to pest management. Using pesticides that are more natural in origin is an option. There are what are considered organic or alternative pest control methods which have a long track record of effectiveness against pests and insects. Using natural pesticides in agriculture is an ideal way to prevent the overuse of conventional pesticides.
Aloft Insecticide For Sale
Aloft insecticide provides outstanding control of a broad spectrum of insects including codling moth, Oriental fruit moth, European corn borer, gypsy moth and other pests in a wide range of crops and ornamentals.
Aloft insecticide provides outstanding control of a broad spectrum of insects including codling moth, Oriental fruit moth, European corn borer, gypsy moth and other pests in a wide range of crops and ornamentals. Aloft provides pre-bloom and post bloom control of mites and aphids in citrus. It is also the only Group 17 insecticide labeled for use on palms.
Aloft insecticide uses the active ingredient spinetoram which provides residual control. Insects that ingest or come into contact with Aloft die within a few hours. Aloft goes to work quickly to stop feeding damage on plants. The mode-of-action allows for multiple spray applications without having to rotate chemistries. For resistance management purposes, it is recommended that growers alternate between insecticides with different modes-of-action when using Aloft more than twice per year.
Insecticide Mode of Action
- Inhibits chitin biosynthesis in susceptible insects, leading to death from the inability to molt.
- Mode of action is different from pyrethroid- and organophosphate-type insecticides.
- Controls a broader spectrum of pests than other conventional insecticide chemistries in this class.
- Active over all life stages, including eggs and adults, making it more effective against a wide range of pest types and lifecycles.
- Targets chewing, sucking and boring insects such as aphids, beetles, borers, crickets, grasshoppers, thrips and whiteflies. It will not control adult mosquitoes or fleas.
Inhibits chitin synthesis (IRAC Group 18)
Aloft Insecticide For Sale is an insecticide that works by inhibiting chitin synthesis in insects. Chitin is a component of the exoskeleton, which provides much of the structural integrity to the body wall and appendages of insects. The International Organization for Biological and Integrated Control of Noxious Animals and Plants (IRAC) has categorized Aloft as an insecticide with a mode of action in IRAC group 18: “Inhibitors of chitin synthesis.”
The inhibition specifically occurs in the enzymes responsible for adding acetyl groups to N-acetylglucosamine during chitin polymerization, resulting in a disordered buildup and incomplete formation of the exoskeleton. This eventually results in death or severe damage to affected insects via desiccation or physical disruption from diseases such as Fusarium oxysporum, Beauveria bassiana, or Metarhizium anisopliae.
For use on listed fruits, vegetables and ornamentals.
To effectively use Aloft on crops, remember that it is a foliar-applied, non systemic insecticide that does not control certain immature forms of insects. It is best used when insects are actively eating the plant, but before visible signs of damage appears.
For listed fruits and vegetables, use at the following rates:
- Listed fruits – 3.2 fl oz in 25 gallons of water per acre
- Listed vegetables – 6.4 fl oz in 25 gallons of water per acre
For other ornamentals, use at a rate of 3.2 fl oz to 6.4 fl oz in 25 gallons of water per acre as needed between irrigation or rainfall events to achieve control according to the label’s specifications.
• Mixing rate range: 1/2 to 2 pints per acre in at least 10 gal of water. Apply with ground equipment, aircraft or hand-held equipment. Use higher rates on coarse soils and lower rates on fine soils. The application rate should be selected based on the soil texture, organic matter content, crop growth stage and pest density.
• Application timing: Apply as needed at regular intervals throughout the season or prior to bloom or petal fall and when insects are present. For maximum control of Codling Moth, two applications made 7-10 days apart beginning when 95% of fruit are 1/4 inch in diameter are recommended. However, this interval can be shortened when insect populations are high.
Mix Rate Range: 4 – 8 fl oz/100 gal water or 1.5 – 3 pt/A. See label for specific uses and rates.
The mix rate range for this product is 4 – 8 fl oz/100 gal water or 1.5 – 3 pt/A. See label for specific uses and rates.
To calculate the amount of Aloft Insecticide to add to each tank, first determine the acreage to be treated. Calculate application use rates based on this area. To determine the amount of ai needed per 100 gallons, divide the use rate by 1,000 (Acres x Use Rate = lb ai/1,000 Acres). For example: If treating at 1 pt/A and your application rate was 15 gal/A you would multiply by 15 (15 x 1 = 15). Then divide by 100 to find how much AI is needed per 100 gallons. In this case it would be 0.15 lb (AI)/100 gal water.(15 ÷ 10=0.15) The product’s label will not only help you find out how much Aloft Insecticide to use for the specific pest, crop and application method but also safety precautions and other pertinent information about its potential effects on fish, animals or humans who may come into contact with it in some way or another
When to Apply
When to Apply
APPLY AS NEEDED TO MAINTAIN CONTROL. Apply when pest population is at a susceptible stage. For best results, apply as a preventive treatment prior to insect infestation. Do not apply more than two times per year, except in areas where Cabbage Looper or Diamondback Moth are known to be endemic and continue to be a pest problem. Application of Aloft Insecticide can be made up until the day of harvest so that the most effective pest control program can be achieved for each crop.
Apply when monitoring indicates that insect pests are at the correct stage of development to ensure maximum efficacy and following all instructions on product label.
This product may only be applied when monitoring indicates that insect pests are at the correct stage of development to ensure maximum efficacy and following all instructions on product label.
Aloft Insecticide is a product designed to help you gain control of your insect problems.
Aloft Insecticide is a product that can be used on many crops and is effective against a variety of insect pests. It can also be safely used around humans, animals, and fish.
Aloft Insecticide is an excellent tool for protecting your crops from insect pests. It has a wide range of uses and will provide an effective solution to many different kinds of insect problems.
- Listing is for 1 Jug Talstar 3/4 Gallon Multi Use Insecticide —- On BACK ORDER BUY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!
- Coverage Area .5 – 1 oz. per gallon of water per 1,000 sq. ft. Active Ingredient Bifenthrin 7.9%
- Target pests Over 75 insects: Stink Bugs, Bed Bugs, Scorpions, Spiders, Mosquitoes, Cockroaches, Ticks, Fleas, Pillbugs, Chinch Bugs, Earwigs, Millipedes, Dichondra Flea Beetles, Spittlebugs and others * See label for complete list
- For use in Commercial & Residential: Indoors & outdoors Perimeters, Athletic Fields, Greenhouses, Kennels, Parks, Restaurants, Lawns, Turf-grass, Landscapes Ornamental Trees & Shrubs NOT for use as a broadcast across interior surfaces NOT for Food & Vegetable Gardens * See label for complete list
- Pet safe Yes, If used as directed on Label – Safe when Dry
Additional Info :
- Quick acting formula
- EPA registered in all 50 states
- Available in a 30oz size
Additional Info :
- INSECT KILLER – This pest control is great for use on cabbage looper, hornworms, tent caterpillar, gypsy moth, bagworm and many more.
- PROTECTS FRUITS, VEGETABLES, SHADE TREES & ORNAMENTALS – Designed for use on broccoli, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, eggplant, pepper, melons, tomatoes, cabbage, shade trees and ornamentals.
- DOESN’T HARM BENEFICIAL INSECTS – Kills worms and caterpillar stage insects while causing no harm to birds, earthworms, or beneficial insects, such as honeybees and ladybugs.
- FAST ACTING FORMULA – Must be eaten by worms or caterpillars to be effective. After ingesting, bugs immediately stop feeding and will die within 2-3 days.
- ORGANIC GARDENING – The active ingredient of the product is a natural strain of the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, which is a leading insecticide used worldwide. Approved for organic gardening, our product is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :
- Use with most pesticides to improve results
Additional Info :
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won’t stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there’s no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home’s perimeter–indoors and outside
Additional Info :