Have you ever wondered how to get rid of bed bugs? The best way is to not let them get into your home in the first place. Using a bed bug mattress cover is an effective preventative method. Learn more about this technology, how it works and how you can take advantage of it for yourself, with our latest guide on Bed Bug Mattress Protectors. It’s not shocking that this protective barrier prevents the movement of bed bugs. I mean, what’s so crazy about preventing the movement of bed bugs and their eggs from one place to another? Most people who manage infestations know that even a small barrier can make a big difference when containing these unwanted pests. For example, bed bug traps are an effective way to trap these critters when they have sought out food sources in your home. And it only takes one of these little pests biting you in order to get infected with some kind of disease! When it comes to bed bugs there are two very different concepts floating around out there. People either think that you can’t be protected from bed bugs, or that you can’t possibly have them in your home. If you currently believe that you cannot be attacked by this nasty creature, it is unfortunately time for your reality check. This article will dispel the myth that you cannot be attacked by this nasty creature. Before you sell all your furniture and swear to never sleep again, read on and find out what really can happen to anyone.
Anti Bed Bug Mattress Covers
Background on Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are small, wingless insects and one of the most common pests in the world. They exist solely to feed on human blood and can be very stealthy and difficult to eliminate. An infestation can cause serious physical and psychological damage, making a bed bug mattress protector one of your best defenses against this menace.
Bed bugs are parasites that have existed since ancient times. They live all over the world, and although they don’t transmit diseases from person to person, they can cause painful bites that leave itchy red welts on your skin. In addition, their presence in your bed or home can cause you severe anxiety as well as sleepless nights spent obsessing over whether you’re being bitten by them every time you feel a strange itch or sensation on your skin.
Though they’re called “bed” bugs, bed bugs don’t actually live in mattresses; instead, they live in cracks or crevices near where people sleep or sit for long periods of time (e.g., sofas). But since beds and sofas are often used by multiple family members at once—and because people’s sleeping habits may differ—it is possible for an infestation to develop despite having only one original host who brought it into the home (i.e., someone whose body was already inhabited with bed bugs before entering)
How Do Bed Bugs Spread?
Bed bugs are a highly resilient insect that can quickly move from one host to another. Bed bug infestations begin when bed bugs hitch rides on furniture, luggage, or clothing—and once they have found their new place to call home, they settle in and spread. It is estimated that bed bugs can survive up to a year without feeding. In addition, the tiny size of these insects makes detection difficult.
Buzz about Bed Bugs
A great deal of the buzz about bed bugs stems from a growing misconception about their life cycle. It’s important to understand that bed bugs are not “stomach-based parasites”; they do not feed on the blood of their host. As such, they lack the physical signs associated with other common household pests. In fact, it’s uncommon for bedbugs to spread beyond their original infestation site. The hard truth is that most people who suffer from an infestation aren’t “infected” at all; they just didn’t take proper precautions and were unlucky enough to come across something that was looking for a suitable spot to live in.
It’s also important to remember that these creatures can travel long distances via human transport or clothing material—so it doesn’t matter if your home is infested in one room or another, you can still be at risk as long as you’re around somebody who got bitten by one or brought in a piece of luggage with them during travel (which is surprisingly easy). If you’re doing everything by the book, though, chances are your living space will be bug-free until next year at least.
Developing an Action Plan for Bed Bugs
It is essential to develop an action plan. It will help make sure you have a clear understanding of the problem, and that you take the necessary steps to control it. Your plan should include:
- A list of those involved in developing and implementing the plan
- Identify how bed bugs are getting into your facility
- Determine how bed bugs are spreading throughout your facility
- Choose materials and methods to control bed bugs (chemical or non-chemical)
- Understand which areas need to be inspected for bed bugs, and how often inspections should occur
Anti Bed Bug Mattress Covers Help Fight Bed Bugs
If you have bed bugs, it is important to have a multi-faceted approach to bed bug control. Anti Bed Bug Mattress Covers are an essential component of a comprehensive bed bug treatment program. An Anti Bed Bug Mattress Cover acts as both a topper for your mattress and as a line of defense from any unwanted critters that may be crawling around at night. The cover is designed with material that prevents any bugs from entering or escaping the cover. This makes them very effective at killing off an existing infestation and preventing future ones.
The best way to know if you have bed bugs is to look for small, dark colored spots on the mattress. These are typically fecal matter or blood stains left by the bugs. You can also look for the actual physical remains of the dead creatures themselves; they are black in color and shaped like an apple seed with six legs (sort of). If you see these signs, it might be time to invest in some new anti bed bug covers!
About Allergy Be Gone®
Allergy Be Gone® is an online retailer offering thousands of allergy, home, pet and beauty products. We have over 200,000 satisfied customers and maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Allergy Be Gone® was founded in 1984 when our founder began selling allergy relief supplies from the back of his van to customers in Southern California.
The success of his initial sales efforts, which focused on demonstrating filtration products to a potential customer base that had never before understood how such devices worked or how much they could improve the quality of their lives, led him to expand his business. Soon Allergy Be Gone® moved from a small retail store into a large warehouse and expanded its product offerings significantly.
Anti bed bug mattress covers help protect against bed bugs.
Bed bugs are a malignant pest, and if you find that you have them at home, prevention is the best way to avoid infestation. Mattress covers help this by providing a barrier that bed bugs cannot penetrate. If they do go unnoticed and bed bugs enter your mattress, these covers will make it easier to spot the disgusting little creatures before their numbers grow too large. They also keep the bed bugs from spreading to other rooms of your house while you work on getting rid of them.
- FULL PROTECTION: 100% Water resistant barrier to offer the utmost protection for your mattress. Defends against body fluids, skin flakes, irritants, allergens, dust, debris and will protect your mattress from liquids and stains on all 6 sides.
- FULL COVERAGE: Completely encloses the mattress, acting like a protective layer over the top, bottom, and sides of the mattress. Safeguards your mattress from liquids and stains while also preventing anything from entering or escaping your mattress or box spring. Features Velcro Flap Zip Guard to ensure the zipper is tightly and completely sealed.
- HIGH QUALITY: Super soft thick knitted polyester microfiber fabric with polyurethane lamination to provide optimal comfort and long-lasting strength. The smooth polyester top layer is soft and comfortable under the sheets, while the polyurethane laminate is waterproof to offer the utmost protection.
- PERFECT FIT: Full coverage mattress encasement can fit any mattress up to 15 inches. Deep pockets: Stretchable enough to install easily and secured 360 degrees by a mini-zipper with a zip guard.
- HYPOALLERGENIC:Great For Those Suffering From Asthma Or Eczema, Its Breathable Membrane Allows Air To Circulate Yet Repels Liquids.
Additional Info :
- Terry cotton-blend
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION: Fused with an advanced water-resistant, yet breathable TPU membrane. Our mattress encasement acts as a barrier to keep damp messes or accidents from actually coming in contact with your mattress.
- 3M SCOTCHGARD STAIN RELEASE TECHNOLOGY – Not only are stains blocked from reaching your mattress surface, but they easily rinse off when you throw our mattress encasement in the wash.
- SENTINEL 360 ALL-AROUND – Besides providing a barrier to water and tiny particles, this encasement also provides a protective barrier to your expensive mattress; therefore, decreasing the normal wear and tear while increasing longevity. With complete six side protection, you can sleep soundly knowing you are fully protected.
- ADVANCE PATENTED TRIPLE PROTECTION ZIPPER FLAP DESIGN – 1. zipper runs all the way up the flap, 2. and ending in a zipper cap, 3. flap folding-back and is securely sealed by Velcro, which completely barricades anything from infiltrating or escaping through the mattress encasement.
Additional Info :
- Zippered mattress cover stretches to fit any Queen (60” x 80”) standard mattress depth from 12″ to 18″
- 100% Waterproof barrier on all six sides of mattress – Lab-tested
- Extra-soft polyester knit fabric is cool and comfortable – breathable waterproof membrane won’t trap heat
- Can help improve sleep by reducing common substances that can reach the sleeper and disrupt respiratory function
- Machine washable – Tumble dry low – 5-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
Additional Info :
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION – Sleep tight, and never have any worries ! With our super zipper closure fully encasing your mattress, everything will stay out completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Our mattress protector provides water resistant protection on all six sides of the mattress. Seals out moisture, sweat, and anything wet. Our breathable fabric won’t leave you feeling hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable. It’s easy to take on and off for washing.
- HEALTHY – It will keep your mattress clean by blocking out all the things that you don’t want on it.100% safe for kids, and is a must have for kids who have nighttime accidents. Protect your mattress and your loved one’s health all at the same time.
- 100% SOFT AND QUIET – Our mattress protectors won’t make you feel like you’re sleeping on a bag of potato chips. Our ultra-plush, soft fabric is not only soft to the touch but quiet to the ears, too. We know you’ll love it!
- MACHINE WASH AND DRY – They wash very well and can hold up to many washes. They are durable and won’t tear or crack. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. If you ever encounter a problem, please reach out to us by e-mail. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT – Fits Queen size mattress perfectly with dimensions 60 inches by 80 inches; 15 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC – Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER – Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION – Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE – Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Additional Info :