Azoxystrobin fungicide is a chemical applied to the leaves of plants, ensuring that they cannot be infected by fungal agents. It is a chemical ingredient investigated for potency and safety. The Federal Environmental Protection Agency has established that azoxystrobin fungicide for lawns has low toxicity on children and pets (cats, dogs, etc.). Azoxystrobin Fungicide for Lawns is the subject of today’s post, and I’m here to give you the rundown on everything related to this great product. Stuff like how it works, how much it costs, what precautions you should take while using it, as well as any potential risks or dangers. azoxystrobin has the chemical formula C15H11ClO3. This includes the structural segment – ClO2N-CH2Cl, which is the same as carboxin (C6H5ClNO). These compounds contain a carboxamide moiety, linked via amide linkage at the alpha carbon of 2 – chlorophenyl acetic acid. The base form of azoxystrobin has only one dichlorine group.  The molecular structure of azoxystrobin is shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2, below.
- 22.9% Azoxystrobin broad spectrum fungicide with systemic and curative properties (see description)
- For Use On: Residential & Commercial Turf, Parks/Rec, Athletic Fields, Golf Turf
- Complete root-to-leaf distribution and constant delivery for even distribution to new growth and provides continuous protection for up to 28 days
- Defends against both soil borne and foliar diseases and prevents spore germination
- Convenient liquid formulation for easy tank mixing
Additional Info :
- KEY FEATURE: Total protection is achieved through a combination of foliar and root absorption
- BENEFITS: Provides continuous protection to the whole plant for up to 28 days
- LABELED USES: Residential, Commercial Parks/Rec, Athletic Fields, Turf, Golf Turf
- LABELED DISEASES: Anthracnose, Brown Patch, Brown Ring Patch, Cool Weather Brown Patch, Fairy Ring, Gray Leaf Spot, Gray Snow Mold, Leaf Spot, Leaf and Sheath Spot, Leaf Rust, Melting Out, Microdochium Patch, Necrotic Ring Spot, Pink Patch, Pink Snow Mold, Powdery Mildew, Pythium Blight, Pythium Root Rot, Red Thread, Rhizoctonia Large Patch, Spring Dead Spot, Stem Rust, Stripe Rust, Southern Blight, Summer Patch, Take-All Patch, Typhula Blight, Yellow Patch, Zoysia Patch
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Azoxystrobin 50%
Additional Info :
- Don’t let brown spots or mildew block your path to a beautiful yard; Scotts DiseaseEx Lawn Fungicide is a fast-acting formula that stops and prevents 26 common lawn-blemishing diseases
- PREVENTS AND CONTROLS: This lawn fungus treatment is preventative when used on lawns to control brown spots and rings before they appear, and curative when applied on lawns showing signs of disease
- CURES 26 LAWN DISEASE TYPES: Offers broad spectrum disease prevention and control against Brown Patch, Stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, Powdery Mildew, Necrotic Ring Spot, Summer Patch, Yellow Patch and more listed diseases
- FAST ACTING: Starts working in 24 hours of treatment; the systemic fungicide formula controls common broad spectrum diseases for up to 4 weeks
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE: Apply this lawn fungus control with a Scotts spreader at a uniform coverage; a 10 lb. bag can treat up to 5,000 sq. ft.; people and pets may re-enter treated area after application
Additional Info :
|for Brown Patch, Yellow Patch, stem and Stripe Rust, Red Thread, and More As Listed
- DESCRIPTION: Propiconazole 14.3 Select Provides preventative and curative control of many turfgrass and ornamental diseases. Propiconazole 14.3 Select inhibits the incorporation of ergosterol into the growing fungal cell membranes. Without ergosterol, the fungal cellular growth is stopped. By disrupting fungal growth at the earliest possible stage, the impact and effects of the disease is minimized.
- BENEFITS: Excellent residual control, low use rates, low odor formulation, high tank mix compatibility, labeled both turf and ornamental applications, and both for foliar and systemic properties
- DISEASES CONTROLLED: Dollar Spot, Anthracnose, Brown Patch, Powdery Mildew, Rust, Red Thread, Pink Patch, Stripe Smut, Gray Leafspot, Melting Out, Leaf Spot, Summer Patch, Poa Patch, Take-All Patch, Spring Dead Spot, Necrotic Ring Spot, Snowmold Gray, Fusarium Patch, Yellow Patch, Zoysia Patch, Dichondra Rust
- USE SITES: Golf Course, Commercial Lawns, Residential Lawns, Landscape Ornamentals, and Nursery
Additional Info :
- Azoxystrobin 0.31%
- Golf courses, lawns and landscape areas around residential, institutional, public, commercial and industrial buildings, parks, recreational areas and athletic fields.
Additional Info :
Azoxystrobin Fungicide For Lawns
Can Be Used On All Grasses
Azoxystrobin is a fungicide that can be used on all grasses. It works well on cool season grasses and warm season grasses.
The safe use of azoxystrobin products will ensure your lawn has a healthy appearance, while preventing disease and insects from harming it. The fungicide can also help increase the health of new seedings while they are being established in your yard.
Controls A Wide Range Of Diseases
Azoxystrobin is effective against a wide range of diseases. However, it does not control rust or Pythium Blight. It is also ineffective against Powdery Mildew and Dollar Spot, as well as Red Thread.
Is A Systemic Fungicide
- Is a systemic fungicide
- Can be used on all grasses, including Bermuda and Zoysia
- Can be used as a preventative or curative
- Is rain fast once dry, with no re-entry or re-application necessary after rain. This is ideal for lawns that get heavy rainfall (like Florida). It also means you can apply it early in the season, before there’s any precipitation at all!
- Safe for use around children and pets when applied according to label instructions.
Must Be Applied At The Right Time
The timing of your application depends on the disease and grass type, but it is generally recommended to make applications in late summer or early fall. A preventative fungicide should be applied at least three weeks before a major disease outbreak occurs, and a curative fungicide should be applied no less than two weeks after symptoms appear. Although this timing may seem too late for some diseases, such as dollar spot on Kentucky bluegrass, studies have shown that applying these products early will not help reduce damage caused by these diseases once they are present.
Azoxystrobin also has a post-emergence activity that makes it useful when warm-season turfgrass species such as tall fescue and perennial ryegrass are actively growing (when temperatures are above 65°F). The post-emergence activity allows you to apply azoxystrobin after weeds have emerged from the soil but before they flower or set seed; this gives you control over broadleaf weeds like dandelions without damaging your desired turfgrass species with an herbicide application
Can Be Used As A Preventative Or As Curative
Azoxystrobin can be used as a preventative or curative fungicide. If you are worried about an outbreak, treatment before the symptoms appear is recommended. If you already have disease, azoxystrobin can be used to kill the fungus and prevent further spread of the disease. However, it is best to treat preventatively (i.e., before any signs of disease) if possible because this will give your lawn the best chance at recovering from any damage caused by pests such as grubs, moles or termites.
Is Rain Fast Once Dry
Rain Fast Once Dry. Application of this product is rain-fast once it dries. It can be used in rainy weather, but it should not be applied when rain is expected within 24 hours after application. Rain will not wash away the treatment from the lawn, but excess water may cause streaking and spotting of the product on hard surfaces such as driveways and patios.
Is A Newer Fungicide That Works
Azoxystrobin was developed in the 1990s, and is a broad-spectrum fungicide that works on many different types of fungus. It’s effective against diseases caused by Alternaria, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Pythium. Azoxystrobin is safe for use around pets and water sources.
Is Safe For You And Your Pets.
- When applying azoxystrobin, you should always wear long sleeves, gloves and goggles to protect yourself from the chemical spray.
- Do not apply Azoxystrobin Fungicide on a windy day.
- Keep pets and people off of your lawn while you are applying this product.
- Follow all precautions that are listed on the label of this product specifically for use with pets or children in order to prevent accidental ingestion or other injury related to handling it as well as exposure through inhalation during application at high concentrations (when spraying).
Azoxystrobin works well on most diseases that threaten your lawn.
Azoxystrobin is a systemic fungicide. It works well on most diseases that threaten your lawn, such as Anthracnose, Brown Patch, Dollar Spot, Fairy Ring, Leaf Spot, Necrotic Ring Spot, Red Thread, Rust and Summer Patch.
Azoxystrobin contains an active ingredient that helps control plant diseases. These include:
- Anthracnose – Caused by Colletotrichum graminicola fungus; this disease can cause leaf spots on turfgrasses in spring and summer months
- Dollar spot – Caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa fungus; symptoms include irregularly shaped yellow patches on turfgrass leaves which grow together to form large damaged areas of turfgrass; affected plants may become stunted or die over time