I know what you’re thinking — body lotion that repels mosquitoes? Why on earth would anyone use such a thing? Well, I for one don’t like the smell of bug spray anywhere near my skin, so after doing some research into baby lotions and mosquito repellents (why didn’t someone tell me earlier?), I decided to give this newfangled body lotion a try. When it comes to keeping the bugs away, there are plenty of products on the market that can help. As a mosquito repellent, I always have mosquito lotions and creams close to me. One product in particular, Eucalyptus Mosquito Repellent Body Lotion by Johnson, is one of my favorites. I apply it all over my body without fail when I’m heading outdoors, even if I intend to be indoors for part of the day. Using lotion as mosquito repellent is a natural and effective way to keep mosquitoes away. If you’ve ever gone camping or sat outside on a hot summer night, you know how annoying mosquitoes can be. They fly around your head and inevitably bite whatever part of your body they can. You find yourself swatting at the air and wishing you had come up with your own homemade anti-mosquito repellent.
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent lotion deters a wide variety of pests — up to 14 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% Picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET; repels disease-spreading ticks (Lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (West Nile, Dengue, and Zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it’s ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard BBQs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Top rated bug repellent by WireCutter/New York Times (May, 2020); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Permethrin tick and insect repellent spray for clothing and gear
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Made without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Made with plant & essential oils of citronella, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass and geranium
- Plant and essential oils help keep mosquitoes away
- Product not tested on animals
Additional Info :
- FRAGRANCE FREE / HYPOALLERGENIC: Pipette fragrance free baby lotion is formulated with clean, plant-derived ingredients. It gently nurtures and moisturizes your baby’s delicate skin without causing irritation. Add it to your baby essentials.
- NURTURE BABY’S SKIN: Soft on skin Pipette Baby Lotion is one of the newborn essentials must haves. Moisturize baby’s skin with plant-derived glycerin, a natural hydrating ingredient. Use our baby lotion for an all-over, safe & gentle hydration.
- RESTORE THE NATURAL BALANCE: Hydrate and protect with renewable, sugarcane-derived moisturizing superhero squalane. This natural hydrating ingredient in our baby lotion helps to restore the natural balance of baby’s delicate skin.
- SENSITIVE BABY LOTION: Baby’s sensitive skin will love this mild, fragrance free, nurturing baby lotion. No sulfates or toxic ingredients are ever used in our baby lotion or baby products. A sensitive baby lotion suitable for all babies.
- All Pipette skin care products are created with the support of biologists, pediatricians and dermatologists, and are rigorously tested to ensure they’re 100% clean, hypoallergenic, free of synthetic fragrances, vegan & cruelty-free. EWG Verified.
Additional Info :
- This item cannot be stored in Amazon warehouses due to active ingredient storage temperature requirements.
- Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Killer
- 100% American Made
- Place 4 tubes (2 boxes) per acre on your perimeter/property line (more than 4 tubes can be used).
- SPARTAN MOSQUITO PRO TECH IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF California, and outside the United States
Additional Info :
Baby Lotion As Mosquito Repellent
If you’re concerned about the ingredients in your baby lotion and are wondering if it’s safe for their skin, there are a few key ingredients you should look for. These include aloe and vitamin E, which have been proven to be effective mosquito repellents on adults as well as children. In addition, many companies add essential oils to their products that help keep mosquitoes away as well. Some common essential oils used in bug repellents include citronella, lemongrass, eucalyptus, cedarwood and rosemary oil
2. As a mosquito repellent
You can also use baby lotion as a mosquito repellent.
The effectiveness of baby lotion in repelling mosquitoes is similar to that of DEET, and while it’s not as effective as some other products on the market, it’s still better than nothing and can be used by people who are sensitive to DEET.
It’s important to note that baby lotion isn’t intended for adults; if you’re over 18 years old, switch over to an adult bug spray right away! If you have children under 18 who aren’t able to use DEET-based sprays (due to allergies or whatever), try using a product that contains 0% DEET instead.
If you’re planning on going camping with your family this summer or hiking through the woods with your dog, keep some baby lotion handy so everyone can stay protected from those pesky bloodsuckers!
3. While going on long hikes or camping
- While going on long hikes or camping
Take this with you when you go hiking, camping and anywhere else that is outdoors at night. As well as being a very effective mosquito repellent, it also works great against other bugs like flies and gnats. When applied at base camp before heading out in the evening, it will keep those pesky bugs from bothering you while enjoying your time under the stars!
This lotion can be used on children as well as dogs (although please do not let them lick your skin after applying this product).
4. On children with sensitive skin
While baby lotion is a great option to keep your child’s skin soft and smooth, it can also be used on adults with sensitive skin. You can use baby lotion as a moisturizer after the bath or shower, or apply it before going out in the sun. If you have never used baby lotion before, test it on a small patch of your skin first to make sure there is no allergic reaction.
Other Benefits of Baby Lotion
- Anti-aging properties (as long as you don’t go overboard)
- All natural ingredients that are safe for children and adults
5. As an outdoor insect repellent for dogs
This can be used on dogs with sensitive skin and those who have not been tested for allergies. Some dogs are allergic to mosquito bites, so it’s important that you test a bit of the lotion on your dog’s skin before applying it all over his body. If he has a reaction, stop using the lotion immediately.
Apply some baby lotion to your hands and rub them together until they’re warm (this will make it easier to apply). Then, rub some of the hand-warmed lotion on your dog’s legs, belly and feet — areas where mosquitoes like to bite — avoiding his face completely. Use a cotton ball or cotton swab if you need more control over where you’re putting the repellent.
If you want even more protection from mosquitoes when outdoors with your pup, put some baby lotion onto his bedding before tying him up outside so that he doesn’t get bitten while sleeping! Additionally, consider spraying some insect repellent in front of doors leading outside or near windows in order to keep bloodsuckers out of homes while still allowing fresh air inside during summer months.”
Baby lotion as a mosquito repellent can actually work as well as DEET.
The effectiveness of DEET is well-established. It’s the gold standard in insect repellents, and it has been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as safe for use. However, there are some drawbacks to using DEET:
- Safety concerns: DEET is a known toxin that can be absorbed through the skin and cause irritation if not used correctly
- Effectiveness over time: research has shown that mosquitos become less sensitive to DEET after repeated exposure, so you may need more frequent applications as time goes on