Mosquitoes can be a problem during outdoor activities. When traveling, we have to ensure that baby doesn’t come into contact with them as they carry serious diseases. This creates a challenge because mosquitoes also love the smell of infants. Odomos is specially formulated to repel mosquitoes which protects babies from dangerous mosquito-borne diseases like Zika, Malaria, and West Nile virus while they play outdoors I hate mosquitos. They’re annoying, bite and leave irritating rash on my body 10 out of 10 times. These little bloodsuckers can be a real pain in the butt for you too especially if you have kids or are pregnant. I hate the burning itch after mosquitos have bitten me. It’s like twisting a knife when I scratch until it bleeds. So I decided to write this article about baby safe mosquito repellent lotion because many people who do not know what is actually safe for their babies. This is an important topic that needs to be addressed as some parents are not aware that some products are being advertised as mosquito repellent but they’re actually mosquito attractant.
- Sunscreen made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Sunscreen formulated without: PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances or nano particles
- Suncreen – Formulated with: zinc oxide, octocrylene, octisalate
- Bug Spray – formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or dyes.
- Bug Spray – plant and essential oils help keep mosquitoes away.
- Products not tested on animals
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS 20% PICARIDIN – Picaridin is an active ingredient recommended by the CDC for protection against mosquito and tick species. According to CDC, Picaridin is safe for use on pregnant & breastfeeding women, when used as directed.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – With a single application, Proven Lotion offers broad-spectrum protection for the whole family and effectively repels mosquitoes and ticks for up to 14 hours. Repels flies, gnats, chiggers, and no-see-ums for up to 8 hours.
- DEET ALTERNATIVE INSECT REPELLENT – Proven does not contain DEET. Studies show a 20% concentration of Picaridin is equally as effective at repelling insects as higher concentrations of DEET, for those looking for DEET alternative solutions.
- ODORLESS FORMULATION – Goodbye toxic smells, this lotion is genuine odorless, with a clean, non-greasy feel that leaves skin feeling soothed and moisturized. Lotion allows for easy, targeted application and is the preferred product for use on face.
- TRUST PROVEN INGREDIENTS – Proven seeks to create safe, quality-focused, effective products for the health-conscious family. EPA registered, family owned, and formulated in the USA with ingredients sourced from the US and Germany.
Additional Info :
- Made without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Made with plant & essential oils of citronella, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass and geranium
- Plant and essential oils help keep mosquitoes away
- Product not tested on animals
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent lotion deters a wide variety of pests — up to 14 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% Picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET; repels disease-spreading ticks (Lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (West Nile, Dengue, and Zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it’s ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard BBQs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won’t damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Top rated bug repellent by WireCutter/New York Times (May, 2020); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Permethrin tick and insect repellent spray for clothing and gear
Additional Info :
Baby Mosquito Repellent Lotion
Ever had those tiny bites on your baby’s skin and worried about malaria, dengue or any other mosquito-borne disease?
You might be wondering how to keep mosquitoes away from your newborn. Mosquitoes are the most common carriers of several mosquito-borne diseases, including dengue fever, malaria and chikungunya.
These tiny insects can also transmit Zika virus and yellow fever. Some of them also carry the West Nile virus that can cause serious illness in humans.
If you live in an area where such conditions are prevalent or if there is a possibility that you could come into contact with infected mosquitoes during your travels then it is best that you take precautions to protect yourself from these insects as well as their potential impact on your health.
Sure, there are some repellents available in the market, but we prefer using natural products as they are less harmful to our baby’s skin.
It’s a good idea to choose a mosquito repellent that is suitable for your baby. We would also suggest making sure the repellent you choose is safe for use on babies, as some are harmful to their skin.
If you’d rather use a natural product, there are several alternatives available in the market. For example, oil of lemon eucalyptus and citronella oil can be used as repellents.
So, here is a natural mosquito repellent lotion that you can make and use for your baby.
This mosquito repellent lotion is a natural product that you can make at home. It uses ingredients that are safe for your child and will not cause any harm to the skin.
- 1 cup of witch hazel extract – use organic if possible
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil (use organic if possible)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, extra virgin or organic – this ingredient acts as an emollient and moisturizer which keeps your baby’s skin soft and smooth when applied regularly. You can also add a few drops of lemon essential oil for its antibacterial properties but it may cause irritation in some people so be careful about adding it to the lotion unless your baby has sensitive skin.
The ingredients in this baby mosquito repellent lotion include coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and lavender essential oil. The peppermint essential oil has a cooling effect on the skin that keeps it from feeling sticky or greasy. Tea tree essential oils are natural antiseptics that kill germs and fungi without leaving a residue behind. Citronella is another natural insect repellent that can ward off mosquitoes naturally without using harmful chemicals to do so. Vanilla and lemon are both soothing agents used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation.
Steps to be followed
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil to make a smooth paste, which you can then apply to your baby’s exposed skin areas like the face, neck, arms and legs (where mosquitoes tend to bite).
- Store the lotion in an airtight jar so that it stays fresh for longer periods of time before you use it again later on.
How to store
Once you’re finished with the lotion, it’s important to store it properly. To protect the lotion from bacteria growth, store your bottle in a cool, dark place and make sure it is not exposed to too much heat or sunlight. A good way to do this is by keeping your container of repellent in the refrigerator (if you live in a warm climate). Remember that storing your product properly can help prevent damage to its effectiveness! If you have any questions about how best to store this product or any other issues with its use, feel free to reach out via email or phone at [email protected]
Natural Mosquito repellents are safe for babies.
If you’re looking for a natural way to repel mosquitoes, consider making your own baby mosquito repellent lotion. The EPA has approved all ingredients in the following recipe, and they are generally considered safe (GRAS) by the FDA—though it’s always wise to do your research on each ingredient before including them in products used close to your baby’s skin.
1 cup of witch hazel extract
2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
3 drops of lemon essential oil (or any other essential oil that you prefer)
Mix together all ingredients until well blended and store in an airtight container out of direct sunlight